The Anse Lazio beach in the Seychelles re-opens with full group of lifeguards
The Anse Lazio beach, located on the island of Praslin, in the Seychelles has just re-opened with a full team of lifeguards after a series of shark attacks. The stunning beach is one of the most popular venues for visitors spending Seychelles holidays.
For many tourists who have enjoyed its lovely hot weather, submerged in its crystalline waters and feasted on its natural beauty, the news of lifting the ban swim off the Anse Lazio beach, in Seychelles was finally “a return to normality" for the island's booming tourism industry. The dazzling beach, located on the island of Praslin, has a reputation for being one of the most attractive hotspots for tourists spending holidays in Seychelles.
The swim ban which was just lifted last week, was due to odd shark attacks that occurred mid-last year. Praslin, known as the tourist Mecca of the Seychelles, has seen the introduction of lifeguards on its beach, in order to protect all visitors. South African experts have been assisting the Seychelles government with a long list of how to confront the situation, which the authorities have been strictly following as they prepared to re-open the beach, internationally recognised as one of the world’s best beaches.
Image by: FrVi, on Flickr
The renowned Anse Lazio Beach is popular among foreign visitors and locals, and it remains an ideal site for romantic swims, relaxing walks on the shore, or just admiring its near-virginal beauty. It’s refreshing for visitors to get away from technology for a few hours and feel in touch with nature, unwinding in a tropical paradise, while knowing comfortable and luxurious Seychelles hotels await them once they’re ready to leave the beach's paradisiacal setting.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St. Agne, was on the Praslin island after the swim ban was lifted. Once he had enjoyed a swim with hotel staff and hoteliers, he met with the press for an interview, which took place on the beach itself.
Image by: MAHE_SEZ, on Flickr
“As a country, we worked hard to ensure that recommendations made by South African experts were looked at. We sought more help from Australia in the field of training our lifeguards. Today, we feel satisfied that we are ready to re-open the beach, which is adequately manned by Seychellois lifeguards.” Mr. St. Agne declared.
Seychelles is a popular all-year-round tourist destination, given that there is always a lovely warm temperature, even in the winter season. The country’s white-sand, clear-water beaches that are lapped by the rich turquoise-blue sea make Seychelles holidays, an interesting and popular option for tourists from all over the world. For this reason tourism remains the most important pillar of the Seychelles economy so it's good news that tourist are welcomed once again to the island nation's most famous beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...