Mountain lodge refurbished for tourists seeking green Dominican Republic holidays
The Eco-touristic Complex Rio Blanco in the Bonao region of Dominican Republic has just been refurbished. This beautiful 10-cabin mountain lodge gives travellers looking for nature and adventure the chance to enjoy green Dominican Republic holidays.
For tourists who care about the environment and enjoy being around nature, a wonderful and improved option has just reopened in the Dominican Republic. The Eco-touristic Complex Rio Blanco, located on top of a mountain, in the region of Banao has just been refurbished. The lodge has been upgraded with new comfy touches that will make eco-friendly holidays in the Dominican Republic much more pleasurable.
The project was developed by the Federacion de Campesionos Hacia el Progreso(Countrymen Federation Towards Progress), and was funded by a donation from USAID. This donation helped refurbish and expand the mountain facility by improving the dining room, 10 cabins and two meeting rooms. The funds from USAID also covered treating the main cabin wood, renewing five rooms, installing water heaters and renovating the kitchen.
The Federacion de Campesinos Hacia el Progreso is an organisation created in 1992 with the purpose of improving the quality of thelives of the region´s inhabitants as well as the environmental recovery of the YunaBlanco High Basin. The Rio Blanco Eco-touristic complex is an economic and environmental balance for the area´s residents that work in agriculture.
This lodge, located to the west of the Monseñor Nouel province, is surrounded by other high mountains as well as many rivers and streams, waterfalls and natural thermal waters. The rivers Yuna, Blanco, Tireo, Avispa and Juma and the stunning Rodeo, La Ceiba and Arroyo Atravesado waterfalls are a breathtaking sight. The area’s average temperature oscillates around 21-22°C, due to the altitude.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The nature-loving type will find it hard not to fall in love with the beautiful lanes that can be found nearby where they can take long walks or horse rides. With this cosy and well-located lodging opportunity there will be no need for travellers to search for eco-friendly hotels in the Dominican Republic. In the Rio Blanco Eco-touristic complex visitors will be able to observe the unique vegetation and fauna of the area. The Green Ebony forests with its Manaclas, Yagrumos, palms, poppies and pines are home to endemic species such as jutias, ravens, parrots, four-eyes, barracolis, and carraos among others.
Finding the mountain facility shall be no trouble for tourists. It can be reached via the Duarte Highway to Bonao and the Carretera La SalviaLos Quemados to Blanco Hoyo del Pino. The lodge is around and hour’s drive from either Santo Domingo or Santiago City. Once they have arrived tourists will be able to visit cultural places of interest during their green Dominican Republic holidays, such as the Indian Sanctuary, El Ultimo Cielo, located close to the lodge, where they can observe a large rock with more than 300 pertroglyphs. Guests at the facility can also visit cacao and coffee growing areas as well as local arts and crafts makers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay at this Mediterranean inspired seaside paradise in the southeast coast of the Dominican
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury, an all inclusive experience like no other with reservation free dining
- Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the World class Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- The hotel offers a fantastic setting in Bayahibe, a seaside paradise in the southeast coast
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...