Jamaica's tourism officials push to make Jamaica holidays more accessible
In a bid to boost the appeal of Jamaica holidays by offering more easily accessible flights to Jamaica from key markets in Latina America and elsewhere, director of tourism John Lynch represented the island at the Fifth Routes Americas Conference.
Jamaica’s director of tourism Mr John Lynch recently represented the island at the Fifth Routes Americas Conference which took place from the 19th to the 21st February 2012in Nassau, Bahamas and was hosted by the Nassau Airport Development Company (NAD). The conference saw together key industry players from the Caribbean and the Americas come together to discuss already existing services as well as the development of new routes and new market opportunities. Mr Lynch’s attendance was aimed at boosting the number of Jamaica flights available from a number of key markets in the Americas.
Jamaica like many of its Caribbean counterparts is seeking to increase the number of travellers who will book their holidays to Jamaica in 2012 as tourism officials hope to strengthen the island’s position as one of the leading Caribbean holiday destinations.
Newly appointed Tourism Minister Dr Wykeham McNeil noted in an interview with Caribbean Journal that airlift was a key issue for his ministry in their efforts to grow and diversify, “We have tried hard to diversify our markets, to try and build them up as much as possible. The thrust now is to try and work on the Latin American market. Some work has started there. I think we need to do more. Of course, the perennial problem is you have to work on the airlift and marketing when you go into these markets”.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The networking event would have been a crucial one for Jamaica’s tourism industry as they push towards a diversification of their source markets and seek to make Jamaica holidays more accessible for holidaymakers across the globe.
The Routes Americas Conference is considered to be the leading networking event for the airline industry and as such plays a vital role in strategic planning for the various tourism industries. Prior to the event, vice-president and commercial head for Routes was confident that this year’s edition would be a success, “This year we are going to have more delegates than we have ever had. We are expecting to have 400 airline, airport and tourism authority delegates from over 42 different countries. We also have the largest number of airlines to attend Routes America, with around 60 carriers…Routes is important because air service development is important.”
Image by: biluu_72, on Flickr
While the outcome of the conference is yet to be disclosed, it would undoubtedly have been a stepping stone to government official’s ultimate goal of lifting the popularity of Jamaica holidays on the international stage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...