Excitement builds with less than two weeks till Seychelles Carnival 2012
With Carnival less than two weeks away, many travellers will be preparing for their fun-filled Seychelles holidays. Officials at the Seychelles Tourism Board are seeing to it that this will be a Carnival to remember with final preparations underway.
Many are eagerly anticipating their upcoming fun-filled Seychelles holidays with less than two weeks to go until the official launch of the 2012 Seychelles Carnival on the 2nd March.
Tourism officials, including the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St. Ange, are putting the final preparations in place and rallying the support of everyone in the island chain.
“The carnival does not belong to anyone, but to Seychelles. It is important to rally together to have an event we can all be proud of. Let us unite for our country and let us agree to deliver for our Seychelles” noted Mr St.Ange.
A briefing session was recently held at the International Conference Center where the CEO of the Tourism Board as well as his Deputy Elsia Grandcourt responded to questions on the size, height and length of the floats as well as confirming the line-up, routes and timings for the procession.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Holidaymakers heading to their Seychelles holidays in time for the 2012 Carnaval International de Victoria will have the perfect opportunity to experience the fun-filled atmosphere that is set to take over the archipelago’s capital of Victoria.
Dubbed “The Carnival of Carnivals”, already the event is looking set to be bigger and better than previous editions, Jimmy Savy who has been contracted to co-ordinate the activities at Victoria, has seen to it that music bands will be playing at different spots throughout Victoria. “The party will be everywhere in Victoria and that the carnival procession promises a special surprise to all those watching the parade” stated Mr. Savy.
If planning to enjoy carnival holidays in Seychelles during this festive time visitors will have the opportunity to experience some of the world’s best carnivals all in one place as participants from around the globe will converge on Victoria. With at least 26 different nations sending their representatives to take place it promises to be a melting pot of cultures and traditions.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
As an indication of the importance and scope of the event, renowned carnival nations including Brazil will take part and have invested considerable sums of money in a bid to ensure that they represent their respective countries well. With all eyes on Victoria in the coming days, participants as well as Seychelles, as the host country, recognise the importance of the event as a tourism marketing opportunity.
Alain St. Ange has appealed to the local business community to get into the spirit of things stating “we need Seychelles to put its best face forward during carnival time. We really need the business community in and around Victoria to make the effort to decorate their own premises to show the carnival feeling. Let us unite in that mission for Seychelles”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...