Le Duc de Praslin Hotel Builds First Eco-Friendly Magna Pool in Seychelles
Le Duc de Praslin hotel is a step closer to offering eco-friendly Seychelles holidays after it renovated its swimming pool, transforming it into the first ever Magna pool in the country with technology that uses magnesium to produce chemical-free chlorine
The Seychelles islands are renowned for their beautiful natural landscapes made up of white sand beaches, turquoise ocean and lush tropical rainforests.
The Indian Ocean archipelago is committed to providing eco-friendly Seychelles holidays for tourists and one luxury hotel has taken their eco responsibility one step further and closer towards that goal by turning its swimming pool into an environmentally friendly one.
Le Duc de Praslin hotel in Anse Volbert has invested two million Seychelles rupees to transform its swimming pool into a Magna Pool.
This green technology uses magnesium to produce a chemical-free chlorine that cleans the pool better than normal chlorine. The pool uses a special filtration system that uses crystals rather than sand to filter up to 5 micron (sediment reduction), an amount that is considerably smaller than the 40 micron carried out by normal pool filtration systems.
The Magna Pool also saves up to 65 per cent of water while reducing energy consumption at the same time. The environmentally friendly chemicals used are good for the skin of swimmers enjoying a good dip during their holidays in the Seychelles, because the combination of magnesium and potassium detoxifies the skin resulting in a soft and radiant appearance. The minerals are also said to reduce anxiety, stress, aches and pains, which is perfect for holidaymakers who are looking to relax during their tropical escape.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
The hotel’s new pool has been expanded and fitted with the new filter system and a brand new decking area and Jacuzzi have been added.
The move to operate a swimming pool using innovative green technology has been welcomed by the Seychelles Tourism Board who is appealing to tourism businesses to find ways to offer more eco friendly holidays to the Seychelles.
Sinha Levkovic, the Manager of Seychelles’ Sustainable Tourism Label, said: “It is encouraging to see that at the moment when the Seychelles Tourism Board is initiating a Sustainable Tourism Label to encourage and guide tourism operators in adopting sustainable practices in their daily operation, one of the local hotels is already making headlines in investing in the first Magna Pool systems."
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
She added that the new Magna Pool “is indeed good news for the industry, as the system does not only provide clients with a natural and therapeutic product free of synthetic chemicals with the added benefits of minerals, but also contributes to conserving the Seychelles environment."
Le Duc de Praslin hotel is situated next to the Cote d'Or Beach surrounded by lush tropical gardens. The property is one of the leading Seychelles hotels in the area with its picturesque setting, spacious guest rooms and suites, small spa, exquisite restaurants, and authentic Creole charm and hospitality.
The hotel’s garden boasts over 100 varieties of Orchids, a variety of hibiscus flowers, tropical palm trees, and two ponds that create a tranquil and soothing experience for tourists looking to de-stress during pampering Seychelles holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Located right by the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean, the Savoy offers a unique intimate and welcoming atmosphere with something for all
- Luxurious onsite Spa features 9 treatment rooms, an additional adults-only pool, yoga pavilion and two saunas
- Free upgrade from Bed& Breakfast to Half Board
- Enjoy fine dining experiences at the hotel’s 3 superb restaurants , Grand Savoy for international cuisine , Pescado fine dining and The Gecko Beach Bar ideal for a casual lunch and great cocktails with live entertainment
- An amazing Kids Club for young guest aged 4 to 12, where they can have endless fun, socialise and play a variety of games
- Exclusively 15% discount on any SPA treatments in the hotel
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Located on the main island of Mahe in the Seychelles, the DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Seychelles Allamanda...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....