Four Seasons Maldives Offer Special Manta Rays Season Package
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is offering nature-loving tourists the opportunity of a lifetime this summer as guests taking Maldives holidays at the luxury resort between May and October, 2012 will be able to get up close to beautiful manta rays.
Holidaymakers visiting the Maldives this summer will be in for a treat at the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru as it launches special packages that will let guests get up close to some breathtaking manta rays.
Tourists planning Maldives holidays between May and October, 2012 will have the chance to visit two renowned manta ray spots as south-western monsoon currents and lunar tides bring vast quantities of planktonic shrimp to sites surrounding the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru. The plankton is the favourite food for manta rays and large numbers of the graceful creatures are expected to be sighted in the areas.
Visitors can choose from special packages during their holidays to the Maldives which will give them a chance to see and snorkel alongside the manta rays.
Guests can sign up for the Manta on Call Service which will allow them to be collected from wherever they are in the resort and whisked away in a speedboat to the site where the manta rays are spotted. They will then be able to snorkel alongside the mantas that have wing-like pectoral fins stretching between 13 and 15 feet in length.
Image by: amirst1, on Flickr
The Manta Watch! Package is available from 11th May to 24th October, 2012 and is great for marine-enthusiasts who want to make the most out of their holidays in the Maldives during the manta season. The packages includes return transfers by seaplane for two people, daily buffet breakfast for two, one Manta-on-Call snorkelling excursion for two by speedboat, a personal coral frame propagation and one dolphin cruise and marine biologist briefing for two.
The hot dates for a manta ray-spotting Seychelles holiday are:
- 17th to 21st June
- 1st to 5th July; 17th to 21st July; and 31st July to 4th August
- 15th to 19th August; 29th August to 2nd September
- 14th to 18th September; and 28th September to 2nd October
- 13th to 17th October; and 27th to 31st October
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The sparkling waters of the Baa Atoll that surround the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru were declared as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in July 2011. The Atoll features nine protected areas that are home to an array of stunning marine creatures such as manta rays, sea turtles, grey reef sharks, stingrays, whale sharks, zebra sharks, eagle rays, and hundreds of tropical fish including clownfish, butterfly fish, angel fish, barracuda, and parrot fish.
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is one of the most luxurious Maldives hotels in the Indian Ocean archipelago with 102 spacious, air-conditioned beach and overwater villas; tennis courts; a modern fitness centre; three swimming pools; a Young Adults Centre; a PADI Dive Centre; the Marine Discovery Centre; four restaurants and three lounges; and a tranquil spa that features ten open-air treatment pavilions surrounded by tropical gardens or the turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...