Four Seasons Maldives Offer Special Manta Rays Season Package
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is offering nature-loving tourists the opportunity of a lifetime this summer as guests taking Maldives holidays at the luxury resort between May and October, 2012 will be able to get up close to beautiful manta rays.
Holidaymakers visiting the Maldives this summer will be in for a treat at the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru as it launches special packages that will let guests get up close to some breathtaking manta rays.
Tourists planning Maldives holidays between May and October, 2012 will have the chance to visit two renowned manta ray spots as south-western monsoon currents and lunar tides bring vast quantities of planktonic shrimp to sites surrounding the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru. The plankton is the favourite food for manta rays and large numbers of the graceful creatures are expected to be sighted in the areas.
Visitors can choose from special packages during their holidays to the Maldives which will give them a chance to see and snorkel alongside the manta rays.
Guests can sign up for the Manta on Call Service which will allow them to be collected from wherever they are in the resort and whisked away in a speedboat to the site where the manta rays are spotted. They will then be able to snorkel alongside the mantas that have wing-like pectoral fins stretching between 13 and 15 feet in length.
Image by: amirst1, on Flickr
The Manta Watch! Package is available from 11th May to 24th October, 2012 and is great for marine-enthusiasts who want to make the most out of their holidays in the Maldives during the manta season. The packages includes return transfers by seaplane for two people, daily buffet breakfast for two, one Manta-on-Call snorkelling excursion for two by speedboat, a personal coral frame propagation and one dolphin cruise and marine biologist briefing for two.
The hot dates for a manta ray-spotting Seychelles holiday are:
- 17th to 21st June
- 1st to 5th July; 17th to 21st July; and 31st July to 4th August
- 15th to 19th August; 29th August to 2nd September
- 14th to 18th September; and 28th September to 2nd October
- 13th to 17th October; and 27th to 31st October
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The sparkling waters of the Baa Atoll that surround the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru were declared as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in July 2011. The Atoll features nine protected areas that are home to an array of stunning marine creatures such as manta rays, sea turtles, grey reef sharks, stingrays, whale sharks, zebra sharks, eagle rays, and hundreds of tropical fish including clownfish, butterfly fish, angel fish, barracuda, and parrot fish.
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is one of the most luxurious Maldives hotels in the Indian Ocean archipelago with 102 spacious, air-conditioned beach and overwater villas; tennis courts; a modern fitness centre; three swimming pools; a Young Adults Centre; a PADI Dive Centre; the Marine Discovery Centre; four restaurants and three lounges; and a tranquil spa that features ten open-air treatment pavilions surrounded by tropical gardens or the turquoise ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...