Air Seychelles launches twice weekly Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi
Air Seychelles will launch twice weekly Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi starting 12th March. The move follows the strategic alliance formed between Etihad Airways and Air Seychelles to increase the number flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways and Air Seychelles have taken their first steps towards boosting air traffic between Mahe, the largest island on the Seychelles and Abu Dhabi, since forming a strategic alliance at the end of January 2012.
Air Seychelles has recently announced the launch of twice weekly flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi. These newly added flights will complement the four weekly Seychelles flights already provided by Etihad Airways raising the number of days where direct flights will operate between the two destinations to six days a week. Recently appointed chief executive of Air Seychelles, Cramer Ball, stated the following of the new route, “With these additional two Air Seychelles weekly flights, we look forward to successfully serving the route, tourism and business at each end and beyond”.
The announcement comes after the two airlines formed a strategic alliance with Etihad Airways purchasing a 40 per cent stake of Air Seychelles for $20 million at the end of January. One of the criteria of the alliance includes increasing frequency of Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Despite the fact that a record breaking number of people booked holidays to the Seychelles in 2011 leading to an 11 per cent growth in visitor arrivals, the Seychelles Tourism Board faced challenges that needed to be addressed in 2012 including a cutting back of Air Seychelles’ flights.
“There is a need for greater connectivity to support this tourism boom, and both Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways are well-positioned to leverage that demand into substantial commercial growth. The integration of the networks will give Air Seychelles greater opportunity to tap into key tourism feeder markets across Europe – such as Germany, France, Italy and the UK – where Etihad Airways’ presence is strong and growing.” noted President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airway.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The newly formed coalition between the two airlines should also see an increase in the number of Abu Dhabi residents embarking on luxurious Seychelles holidays, with plans to further increase the number of direct flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi to seven per week from June 2012. The steady increase in the number of flights provided by the alliance put the Seychelles Tourism board in the perfect position to build on the two per cent increase in tourism from the United Arab Emirates experienced in 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Relax and rejeuvanate at the santuary of ESPA offering inspirational treatments, watch a high-speed race or simply relax on the beach of this unique hotel
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Take advantage and go on a walk on the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit
- Boasts easy access to Yas Beach and incredible sunset views from the Two Roof-Top Swimming Pools
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- unique shuttle boat to the famous souqs
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
The Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche is a stunning new property ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Enjoy beautiful...
Located at an altitude of 915 metres on Hafeet Mountain, this unique mountain oasis resort will make guests feel on top...