Neckermann awards 4 Cuba hotels in Varadero, Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria
German giant travel group, Neckermann Reizen has recently bestowed their annual Primo Awards 2011 to 4 Cuba hotels in Varadero, Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria, for providing unforgettable experiences to guests enjoying beach Cuba holidays.
Four hotels in Cuba have recently been honoured with receiving the Primo Awards 2011, in recognition of their exceptional facilities and services and awarded by German tour operator Neckermann Reizen, one of Germany’s most important travel companies and part of the Thomas Cook travel group, among the largest in the world.
The awarded Cuba hotels were located in three of the island’s most popular tourist hotspots and beach resorts, with two winning hotels in Guardalavaca, one in Varadero and one in the pristine key of Cayo Santa Maria, an exclusive beach resort growing in popularity among travellers seeking a more paradisiacal Cuba holiday experience in an isolated key that is still connected to the mainland by a causeway. The awarded Varadero hotel was the Iberostar Varadero, the Melia Las Dunas was the awarded resort in Cayo Santa Maria while the proud receivers of the award in Guardalavaca were the ultra-romantic Paradisus Rio de Oro and the secluded, peaceful and serene Playa Pesquero.
Image by: AllSeasons.org, on Flickr
All of the Cuba hotels awarded were five-star all inclusive resorts and they received this latest German recognition for the high quality of service they offered to guests staying at said properties during luxury Cuba holidays on the beach and the outstanding level of customer care they received during their relaxing holidays in Cuba at three of the island’s most popular resorts for gentle recreation under the sun.
The Neckermann awards are bestowed upon one hundred hotels worldwide, depending on the ranking they receive by customers of the travel company, who score higher points to their preferred hotels. The award-winning hotels in Cuba mentioned above were among the 10 best hotels of the 20 long-distance, meaning those located in countries with more than six hours of flight from Germany.
Image by: Andy M Bryant, on Flickr
For decades the 20-kilometre-long beach stretch of Varadero has been attracting millions of holidaymakers seeking pristine beach getaways with modern comforts and outstanding hotels with modern facilities and superior service. Varadero hotels have for long enjoyed the status as one of the island's best but after efforts made by Cuban authorities to open up new resorts and develop them for the international tourist market, now holidaymakers have started to look at new upcoming beach resorts like Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria, promising outstanding accommodation and unique experiences. The luxury all inclusive, adults-only Paradisus Rios de Oro in Guardalavaca, for example, has started 2012 on a great note, after also winning the coveted title of "Travelers' Choice® 2012 Winner" by travel community TripAdvisor. Likewise the Iberostar Varadero was also declared this year's TripAdvisor winner in the same category as Varadero's number one choice for travellers.
Image by: dblackadder, on Flickr
The Playa Pesquero on the other hand is a totally secluded eco-friendly haven, set on a protected stretch of Playa Pesquero beach, near the Naranjo Bay National Park and set amidst thriving flora and fauna. Having been awarded several times in recognition of their green efforts as well as conservation and environmental protection, this exceptional eco-village ranks high on the list of eco-concerned travellers seeking eco-friendly holiday experiences in Cuba. The Melia Las Dunas on the other hand, has for long been a favourite among travellers visiting the virginal Cayo Santa Maria key. It distinguishes itself by providing top-notch all inclusive service and a large number of quality facilities for guests of all ages and families while enjoying a premium idyllic setting right on the beach.
Image by: jk_greenacre, on Flickr
Neckermann has been operating in the Cuba holidays market since 1992. Senior Product Manager for Africa, Caribbean and Latin America of Neckermann, Roland Junker, said that the tour operator "has witnessed the rapid development of the tourism industry of the island and the growth of the flow of travelers from Germany and other European nations to the Caribbean country."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...