Neckermann awards 4 Cuba hotels in Varadero, Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria
German giant travel group, Neckermann Reizen has recently bestowed their annual Primo Awards 2011 to 4 Cuba hotels in Varadero, Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria, for providing unforgettable experiences to guests enjoying beach Cuba holidays.
Four hotels in Cuba have recently been honoured with receiving the Primo Awards 2011, in recognition of their exceptional facilities and services and awarded by German tour operator Neckermann Reizen, one of Germany’s most important travel companies and part of the Thomas Cook travel group, among the largest in the world.
The awarded Cuba hotels were located in three of the island’s most popular tourist hotspots and beach resorts, with two winning hotels in Guardalavaca, one in Varadero and one in the pristine key of Cayo Santa Maria, an exclusive beach resort growing in popularity among travellers seeking a more paradisiacal Cuba holiday experience in an isolated key that is still connected to the mainland by a causeway. The awarded Varadero hotel was the Iberostar Varadero, the Melia Las Dunas was the awarded resort in Cayo Santa Maria while the proud receivers of the award in Guardalavaca were the ultra-romantic Paradisus Rio de Oro and the secluded, peaceful and serene Playa Pesquero.
Image by: AllSeasons.org, on Flickr
All of the Cuba hotels awarded were five-star all inclusive resorts and they received this latest German recognition for the high quality of service they offered to guests staying at said properties during luxury Cuba holidays on the beach and the outstanding level of customer care they received during their relaxing holidays in Cuba at three of the island’s most popular resorts for gentle recreation under the sun.
The Neckermann awards are bestowed upon one hundred hotels worldwide, depending on the ranking they receive by customers of the travel company, who score higher points to their preferred hotels. The award-winning hotels in Cuba mentioned above were among the 10 best hotels of the 20 long-distance, meaning those located in countries with more than six hours of flight from Germany.
Image by: Andy M Bryant, on Flickr
For decades the 20-kilometre-long beach stretch of Varadero has been attracting millions of holidaymakers seeking pristine beach getaways with modern comforts and outstanding hotels with modern facilities and superior service. Varadero hotels have for long enjoyed the status as one of the island's best but after efforts made by Cuban authorities to open up new resorts and develop them for the international tourist market, now holidaymakers have started to look at new upcoming beach resorts like Guardalavaca and Cayo Santa Maria, promising outstanding accommodation and unique experiences. The luxury all inclusive, adults-only Paradisus Rios de Oro in Guardalavaca, for example, has started 2012 on a great note, after also winning the coveted title of "Travelers' Choice® 2012 Winner" by travel community TripAdvisor. Likewise the Iberostar Varadero was also declared this year's TripAdvisor winner in the same category as Varadero's number one choice for travellers.
Image by: dblackadder, on Flickr
The Playa Pesquero on the other hand is a totally secluded eco-friendly haven, set on a protected stretch of Playa Pesquero beach, near the Naranjo Bay National Park and set amidst thriving flora and fauna. Having been awarded several times in recognition of their green efforts as well as conservation and environmental protection, this exceptional eco-village ranks high on the list of eco-concerned travellers seeking eco-friendly holiday experiences in Cuba. The Melia Las Dunas on the other hand, has for long been a favourite among travellers visiting the virginal Cayo Santa Maria key. It distinguishes itself by providing top-notch all inclusive service and a large number of quality facilities for guests of all ages and families while enjoying a premium idyllic setting right on the beach.
Image by: jk_greenacre, on Flickr
Neckermann has been operating in the Cuba holidays market since 1992. Senior Product Manager for Africa, Caribbean and Latin America of Neckermann, Roland Junker, said that the tour operator "has witnessed the rapid development of the tourism industry of the island and the growth of the flow of travelers from Germany and other European nations to the Caribbean country."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...