Abu Dhabi Hotels Record Most Successful Year Ever
Figures released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority have revealed that the number of local and international travellers who went on Abu Dhabi holidays in 2011 reached well over two million; an impressive 6.5 per cent increase compared to 2010.
Abu Dhabi has recorded its best year ever with over two million visitors staying in hotels and apartments across the emirate city in 2011.
According to the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), in November alone, more than 200,000 visitors took Abu Dhabi holidays and business trips in the city; a 22 per cent increase compared to the same month in 2010.
December saw 207,723 guests checking into the Abu Dhabi hotels which was a 26 per cent rise on December 2010 and the highest achieving month of 2011.
The total number of travellers staying at Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments in 2011 reached 2,111,611, which is a 6.5 per cent increase on 2011 with an additional 100,000 guests.
HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, the chairman of the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), said: “This is a highly encouraging result in a year which has seen substantial additions to our hotel and resort inventory, including several five-star beach properties opening up Saadiyat Island to guests.
Image by: rubared, on Flickr
“It leaves us well placed to build for 2012 for which we had initially target 2.3 million but, in conjunction with stakeholders, will now reassess to see if this too, can be stretched.”
The figures showed that guest nights were up by 22 per cent to 6.3 million; occupancy levels in hotels in Abu Dhabi rose to 69 per cent; the length of stay increased by five per cent to 2.97 nights; and room revenue rose by three per cent to AED4.375 billion.
ADTA revealed that the majority of travellers who take holidays to Abu Dhabi are from the United Kingdom and Germany remains as the second largest European source market.
Image by: Dan Freeman Photography, on Flickr
The Strategy & Policy Director for ADTA, Lawrence Franklin, stated: “We anticipate even bigger demand in Germany following the recent launch of Etihad’s four weekly services from Dusseldorf to Abu Dhabi and Air Berlin’s plans to operate four flights a week between Berlin and Abu Dhabi from January.”
During holidays in Abu Dhabi, visitors can explore several attractions such as the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Khalifa Park, the waterfront, the Marina Mall and the Abu Dhabi Mall.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Enjoy golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Free Half Board Included in this amazing offer
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...