World Travel Awards' Grand Final Ceremony Honours Etihad Airways
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways, has scooped several of the top prizes at the World Travel Awards. The airline operates flights for travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays from several destinations all over the world.
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of Abu Dhabi, triumphed at the World Travel Awards earlier this month after it was named the World’s Leading Airline for the third consecutive year.
The airline operates flights that take worldwide passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from 70 cities in 46 countries all over the globe and strives to provide an exceptional service for its passengers.
The black-tie gala Grand Final Ceremony took place in Doha in Qatar on 11th January and Etihad Airways managed to scoop an additional two awards for the World’s Leading First Class and World’s Leading Airline to the Middle East.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive of Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to have been named World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for the third successive year.
Image by: Maher007, on Flickr
“Last year was fantastic for Etihad Airways, during which we began to reap the full benefits of financial and operational strategies developed over the last five years.
“Nothing is as important to us as our guests and we work tirelessly to ensure their experience with Etihad Airways surpasses expectations.”
Over the past 12 months, the airline launched seven new Abu Dhabi flights from international destinations; purchased a 29.2 per cent stake in the carrier, Airberlin; and secured a landmark deal that provides access to 33 million new passengers across Europe.
“We are always looking to innovate, whether that be by introducing qualified chefs in our Diamond First Class or bringing industry-leading in-flight entertainment systems with mobile and internet connectivity to the sky,” Hogan added.
“Etihad Airways’ vision is simple: to be the best airline in the world. These accolades from industry experts at the World Travel Awards demonstrate that we are meeting that goal.”
Image by: eddylohse, on Flickr
During the World Travel Awards Middle East in May last year, the airline won numerous awards including the Middle East’s Leading Airline, Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class, Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff and Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment.
As well as sending international holidaymakers off to their Abu Dhabi holidays and offering high quality services on the flights to Abu Dhabi they operate, Etihad Airways has been the major sponsor for the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since its first race in 2009.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, offering flights for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Dubai holidays and business trips across the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...