World Travel Awards' Grand Final Ceremony Honours Etihad Airways
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways, has scooped several of the top prizes at the World Travel Awards. The airline operates flights for travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays from several destinations all over the world.
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of Abu Dhabi, triumphed at the World Travel Awards earlier this month after it was named the World’s Leading Airline for the third consecutive year.
The airline operates flights that take worldwide passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from 70 cities in 46 countries all over the globe and strives to provide an exceptional service for its passengers.
The black-tie gala Grand Final Ceremony took place in Doha in Qatar on 11th January and Etihad Airways managed to scoop an additional two awards for the World’s Leading First Class and World’s Leading Airline to the Middle East.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive of Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to have been named World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for the third successive year.
Image by: Maher007, on Flickr
“Last year was fantastic for Etihad Airways, during which we began to reap the full benefits of financial and operational strategies developed over the last five years.
“Nothing is as important to us as our guests and we work tirelessly to ensure their experience with Etihad Airways surpasses expectations.”
Over the past 12 months, the airline launched seven new Abu Dhabi flights from international destinations; purchased a 29.2 per cent stake in the carrier, Airberlin; and secured a landmark deal that provides access to 33 million new passengers across Europe.
“We are always looking to innovate, whether that be by introducing qualified chefs in our Diamond First Class or bringing industry-leading in-flight entertainment systems with mobile and internet connectivity to the sky,” Hogan added.
“Etihad Airways’ vision is simple: to be the best airline in the world. These accolades from industry experts at the World Travel Awards demonstrate that we are meeting that goal.”
Image by: eddylohse, on Flickr
During the World Travel Awards Middle East in May last year, the airline won numerous awards including the Middle East’s Leading Airline, Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class, Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff and Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment.
As well as sending international holidaymakers off to their Abu Dhabi holidays and offering high quality services on the flights to Abu Dhabi they operate, Etihad Airways has been the major sponsor for the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since its first race in 2009.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, offering flights for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Dubai holidays and business trips across the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...