World Travel Awards' Grand Final Ceremony Honours Etihad Airways
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways, has scooped several of the top prizes at the World Travel Awards. The airline operates flights for travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays from several destinations all over the world.
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of Abu Dhabi, triumphed at the World Travel Awards earlier this month after it was named the World’s Leading Airline for the third consecutive year.
The airline operates flights that take worldwide passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from 70 cities in 46 countries all over the globe and strives to provide an exceptional service for its passengers.
The black-tie gala Grand Final Ceremony took place in Doha in Qatar on 11th January and Etihad Airways managed to scoop an additional two awards for the World’s Leading First Class and World’s Leading Airline to the Middle East.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive of Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to have been named World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for the third successive year.
Image by: Maher007, on Flickr
“Last year was fantastic for Etihad Airways, during which we began to reap the full benefits of financial and operational strategies developed over the last five years.
“Nothing is as important to us as our guests and we work tirelessly to ensure their experience with Etihad Airways surpasses expectations.”
Over the past 12 months, the airline launched seven new Abu Dhabi flights from international destinations; purchased a 29.2 per cent stake in the carrier, Airberlin; and secured a landmark deal that provides access to 33 million new passengers across Europe.
“We are always looking to innovate, whether that be by introducing qualified chefs in our Diamond First Class or bringing industry-leading in-flight entertainment systems with mobile and internet connectivity to the sky,” Hogan added.
“Etihad Airways’ vision is simple: to be the best airline in the world. These accolades from industry experts at the World Travel Awards demonstrate that we are meeting that goal.”
Image by: eddylohse, on Flickr
During the World Travel Awards Middle East in May last year, the airline won numerous awards including the Middle East’s Leading Airline, Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class, Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff and Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment.
As well as sending international holidaymakers off to their Abu Dhabi holidays and offering high quality services on the flights to Abu Dhabi they operate, Etihad Airways has been the major sponsor for the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since its first race in 2009.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, offering flights for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Dubai holidays and business trips across the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...