World Travel Awards' Grand Final Ceremony Honours Etihad Airways
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways, has scooped several of the top prizes at the World Travel Awards. The airline operates flights for travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays from several destinations all over the world.
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of Abu Dhabi, triumphed at the World Travel Awards earlier this month after it was named the World’s Leading Airline for the third consecutive year.
The airline operates flights that take worldwide passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from 70 cities in 46 countries all over the globe and strives to provide an exceptional service for its passengers.
The black-tie gala Grand Final Ceremony took place in Doha in Qatar on 11th January and Etihad Airways managed to scoop an additional two awards for the World’s Leading First Class and World’s Leading Airline to the Middle East.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive of Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to have been named World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Awards for the third successive year.
Image by: Maher007, on Flickr
“Last year was fantastic for Etihad Airways, during which we began to reap the full benefits of financial and operational strategies developed over the last five years.
“Nothing is as important to us as our guests and we work tirelessly to ensure their experience with Etihad Airways surpasses expectations.”
Over the past 12 months, the airline launched seven new Abu Dhabi flights from international destinations; purchased a 29.2 per cent stake in the carrier, Airberlin; and secured a landmark deal that provides access to 33 million new passengers across Europe.
“We are always looking to innovate, whether that be by introducing qualified chefs in our Diamond First Class or bringing industry-leading in-flight entertainment systems with mobile and internet connectivity to the sky,” Hogan added.
“Etihad Airways’ vision is simple: to be the best airline in the world. These accolades from industry experts at the World Travel Awards demonstrate that we are meeting that goal.”
Image by: eddylohse, on Flickr
During the World Travel Awards Middle East in May last year, the airline won numerous awards including the Middle East’s Leading Airline, Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class, Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff and Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment.
As well as sending international holidaymakers off to their Abu Dhabi holidays and offering high quality services on the flights to Abu Dhabi they operate, Etihad Airways has been the major sponsor for the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix since its first race in 2009.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, offering flights for holidays to Abu Dhabi, Dubai holidays and business trips across the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...