Dubai Shopping Festival 2012 in Full Swing
The 17th edition of the Dubai Shopping Festival is in full swing this month and with just over one week to go travellers will still find plenty of entertainment and fantastic tax-free discounts to take advantage of during their Dubai holidays this January
This year’s Dubai Shopping Festival has attracted thousands of tourists to the city and it’s not just the shops and malls that are enjoying the increase in business; hotels and tourist attractions are also enjoying the tourism surge.
Many travellers from the UK, China, India and the GCC book their Dubai holidays in January especially for the event so they can take advantage of special discounts, entertainment and tax-free purchases. Dubai hotels located next to the shopping malls are benefitting from shopaholic guests who are keen to grab a bargain during the month-long event.
A spokesperson for Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates, said that the festival is a key period for them as shoppers enjoy luxury holidays in the city.
"We have seen an increase in bookings from the GCC during the DSF period for leisure visits to Dubai,” he noted.
“We expect that most of these guests have come to experience the shopping festival."
Image by: jack n'd box, on Flickr
This year’s festival with the slogan 'One Family, One World, One Festival' is the 17th edition and visitors can enjoy a wealth of entertainment including musical shows, international fashion shows, street performances, themed carnivals, nightly fireworks, artists’ performances, film festivals, and cultural events that reflect Dubai’s charm and hospitality.
Leila Suhail, the CEO of the Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE), said that four million people attended the festival in 2011 including 884,660 tourists from regional and international countries who took holidays to Dubai during the festival month.
"The Dubai Shopping Festival plays a major role in supporting the economy of Dubai and boosting it in various sectors," explained Suhail.
Image by: zeddy1200, on Flickr
Approximately 6,000 shops and 50 shopping malls are taking part in the 2012 event and retailers are offering up to 75 per cent discounts on a variety of products including clothes, perfumes, jewellery, major brands, watches, electronics, carpets and crafts, enabling tourists to take home a choice of souvenirs from their holiday in Dubai.
As well as receiving significant discounts at shops and malls, visitors enjoying Dubai holidays during this festive shopping month will also have the chance to win some fantastic prizes throughout the duration of the festival. Prizes include as a LX570 car and Dh.100, 000 in cash in the Lexus Mega Raffle and the chance to win 21kilos of gold worth Dh.4.5mn through raffle draws with The Dubai Gold and Jewellery Group.
The Dubai Shopping Festival runs from 5th January to 5th February, 2012 and is widely celebrated in thousands of venues across the city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...