Havana Club launches Cuban travel guide iPhone app
Tourists planning Cuba holidays will be able to access travel information on their iPhones about the island's capital, Havana, as the Havana Club brand launches a new tourist iPhone application, "Havana Club's Guide to Havana".
A new travel guide iPhone application has been launched by Havana Club to help tourists find out information about the city of Havana. Travellers going on Cuba holidays can access ‘Havana Club's Guide to Havana' by downloading the application to their iPhone. The guide highlights information about restaurants, nightclubs, bars, and popular tourist attractions.
The app is available from the iTunes store and one of the features includes an easy-to-navigate map with different flags that highlight Havana's best locations. Holidaymakers can use the ‘48 hours in Havana' feature which is aimed at the 150,000 visitors from the UK who take holidays to Cuba each year but stay in Havana for just a short period.
Each of the city's destinations that are included in the application have been visited and reviewed by Gareth Scurlock, the former travel editor of The Times.
Head of Marketing for Pernod Ricard UK, Patrick Venning, explained: "As the authentic Cuban rum is still produced in the capital Havana, we're proud to be able to showcase some of Cuba's must-see locations, particularly to new audiences here in the UK.
"We hope that our ‘Guide to Havana' gives people the knowledge to really make the most of their trip and experience a taste of Cuba and all the passion and heritage it has to offer."
Havana is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture and Cuban charm.
The city is visited by millions of visitors each year during holidays in Cuba and it is set to see thousands more after the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents were relaxed last year by the U.S President, Barack Obama.
American travellers can now visit the Caribbean island for professional, cultural, educational, religious and academic purposes. The communist island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, nature parks, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels and resorts, and turquoise warm ocean waters that boast the world's second largest barrier reef and an array of tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Book today and receive a free tour seeing all the iconic sights of Havana
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Vardaero
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...