Havana Club launches Cuban travel guide iPhone app
Tourists planning Cuba holidays will be able to access travel information on their iPhones about the island's capital, Havana, as the Havana Club brand launches a new tourist iPhone application, "Havana Club's Guide to Havana".
A new travel guide iPhone application has been launched by Havana Club to help tourists find out information about the city of Havana. Travellers going on Cuba holidays can access ‘Havana Club's Guide to Havana' by downloading the application to their iPhone. The guide highlights information about restaurants, nightclubs, bars, and popular tourist attractions.
The app is available from the iTunes store and one of the features includes an easy-to-navigate map with different flags that highlight Havana's best locations. Holidaymakers can use the ‘48 hours in Havana' feature which is aimed at the 150,000 visitors from the UK who take holidays to Cuba each year but stay in Havana for just a short period.
Each of the city's destinations that are included in the application have been visited and reviewed by Gareth Scurlock, the former travel editor of The Times.
Head of Marketing for Pernod Ricard UK, Patrick Venning, explained: "As the authentic Cuban rum is still produced in the capital Havana, we're proud to be able to showcase some of Cuba's must-see locations, particularly to new audiences here in the UK.
"We hope that our ‘Guide to Havana' gives people the knowledge to really make the most of their trip and experience a taste of Cuba and all the passion and heritage it has to offer."
Havana is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture and Cuban charm.
The city is visited by millions of visitors each year during holidays in Cuba and it is set to see thousands more after the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents were relaxed last year by the U.S President, Barack Obama.
American travellers can now visit the Caribbean island for professional, cultural, educational, religious and academic purposes. The communist island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, nature parks, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels and resorts, and turquoise warm ocean waters that boast the world's second largest barrier reef and an array of tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...