Havana Club launches Cuban travel guide iPhone app
Tourists planning Cuba holidays will be able to access travel information on their iPhones about the island's capital, Havana, as the Havana Club brand launches a new tourist iPhone application, "Havana Club's Guide to Havana".
A new travel guide iPhone application has been launched by Havana Club to help tourists find out information about the city of Havana. Travellers going on Cuba holidays can access ‘Havana Club's Guide to Havana' by downloading the application to their iPhone. The guide highlights information about restaurants, nightclubs, bars, and popular tourist attractions.
The app is available from the iTunes store and one of the features includes an easy-to-navigate map with different flags that highlight Havana's best locations. Holidaymakers can use the ‘48 hours in Havana' feature which is aimed at the 150,000 visitors from the UK who take holidays to Cuba each year but stay in Havana for just a short period.
Each of the city's destinations that are included in the application have been visited and reviewed by Gareth Scurlock, the former travel editor of The Times.
Head of Marketing for Pernod Ricard UK, Patrick Venning, explained: "As the authentic Cuban rum is still produced in the capital Havana, we're proud to be able to showcase some of Cuba's must-see locations, particularly to new audiences here in the UK.
"We hope that our ‘Guide to Havana' gives people the knowledge to really make the most of their trip and experience a taste of Cuba and all the passion and heritage it has to offer."
Havana is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture and Cuban charm.
The city is visited by millions of visitors each year during holidays in Cuba and it is set to see thousands more after the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents were relaxed last year by the U.S President, Barack Obama.
American travellers can now visit the Caribbean island for professional, cultural, educational, religious and academic purposes. The communist island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, nature parks, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels and resorts, and turquoise warm ocean waters that boast the world's second largest barrier reef and an array of tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...