Havana Club launches Cuban travel guide iPhone app
Tourists planning Cuba holidays will be able to access travel information on their iPhones about the island's capital, Havana, as the Havana Club brand launches a new tourist iPhone application, "Havana Club's Guide to Havana".
A new travel guide iPhone application has been launched by Havana Club to help tourists find out information about the city of Havana. Travellers going on Cuba holidays can access ‘Havana Club's Guide to Havana' by downloading the application to their iPhone. The guide highlights information about restaurants, nightclubs, bars, and popular tourist attractions.
The app is available from the iTunes store and one of the features includes an easy-to-navigate map with different flags that highlight Havana's best locations. Holidaymakers can use the ‘48 hours in Havana' feature which is aimed at the 150,000 visitors from the UK who take holidays to Cuba each year but stay in Havana for just a short period.
Each of the city's destinations that are included in the application have been visited and reviewed by Gareth Scurlock, the former travel editor of The Times.
Head of Marketing for Pernod Ricard UK, Patrick Venning, explained: "As the authentic Cuban rum is still produced in the capital Havana, we're proud to be able to showcase some of Cuba's must-see locations, particularly to new audiences here in the UK.
"We hope that our ‘Guide to Havana' gives people the knowledge to really make the most of their trip and experience a taste of Cuba and all the passion and heritage it has to offer."
Havana is a vibrant city that offers plenty of culture, traditions, authentic cuisine, historic architecture and Cuban charm.
The city is visited by millions of visitors each year during holidays in Cuba and it is set to see thousands more after the restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents were relaxed last year by the U.S President, Barack Obama.
American travellers can now visit the Caribbean island for professional, cultural, educational, religious and academic purposes. The communist island nation is situated in the Caribbean Sea south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. The island is rich in culture and heritage and is home to beautiful white and golden sand beaches, nature parks, luxury and mid-range Cuba hotels and resorts, and turquoise warm ocean waters that boast the world's second largest barrier reef and an array of tropical fish and beautiful marine creatures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Embark on an exciting journey of discovery as you tour Cuba's historic capital Havana. During your week in Habana you...