Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. offering cultural Cuba holidays
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce has made an opportunity of a lifetime available to locals by coordinating a cultural trip to Cuba. Booking Cuba holidays is now on the minds of many Americans thanks to the relaxation of some travel restrictions.
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce (PDACC) in the United States has taken the somewhat controversial decision to organise special cultural Cuba holidays for interested locals. The journey to the Caribbean island is scheduled to take place from 18th September to 26th September 2012 and will cost $3699 USD under an all inclusive basis. CEO of the PDACC , Barbara deBoom, said of the trip, “It’s more of a cultural experience and to see time frozen in 1959, compared to where we are today in 2012…I think there will be some that think this is great and wonderful and there will be some who aren’t going to like it.”
Despite the tumultuous relationship that the communist country has had with the United States the reality is that the lure of Cuba holidays is very strong for many U.S. citizens. Most holidaymakers dream of taking luxury Caribbean holidays, with Cuba viewed as one of the top Caribbean destinations not only because of the island’s pristine beaches and tropical climate but largely due to the enigmatic culture that has captured the imaginations of many around the world.
Image by: LA Observer, on Flickr
In an effort to increase the “people to people” contact between the two nations, the Obama administration has introduced what has been termed as a” liberalisation of travel to Cuba”. Under the more relaxed new rules, U.S. citizens are now free to embark on pre-defined purposeful visits to Cuba. According to the U.S. government, purposeful visits can fall into any one of the following categories: family, religious, educational, cultural, journalism, diplomatic and business (commercial and biotechnical business activities are prohibited). These restrictions may still hinder the average U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying the typical luxury Caribbean holiday on the island’s beautiful beaches but it has provided the perfect opportunity for them to enjoy the rich Cuban culture.
Image by: Basse911, on Flickr
The PDACC trip has already sorted out all legal requirements with interested parties so those looking forward to making the most of this lifetime opportunity and want to enjoy cultural Cuba holidays this September 2012 are only required to fill out their registration form and pay. Marketed as a “People to People” excursion, the PDACC itinerary is packed with cultural activities including visits to Old Havana, the Partagas Cigar Factory, the Bay of Pigs Museum, Ernest Hemingway's 15-acre estate and a walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trinidad de Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...