Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. offering cultural Cuba holidays
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce has made an opportunity of a lifetime available to locals by coordinating a cultural trip to Cuba. Booking Cuba holidays is now on the minds of many Americans thanks to the relaxation of some travel restrictions.
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce (PDACC) in the United States has taken the somewhat controversial decision to organise special cultural Cuba holidays for interested locals. The journey to the Caribbean island is scheduled to take place from 18th September to 26th September 2012 and will cost $3699 USD under an all inclusive basis. CEO of the PDACC , Barbara deBoom, said of the trip, “It’s more of a cultural experience and to see time frozen in 1959, compared to where we are today in 2012…I think there will be some that think this is great and wonderful and there will be some who aren’t going to like it.”
Despite the tumultuous relationship that the communist country has had with the United States the reality is that the lure of Cuba holidays is very strong for many U.S. citizens. Most holidaymakers dream of taking luxury Caribbean holidays, with Cuba viewed as one of the top Caribbean destinations not only because of the island’s pristine beaches and tropical climate but largely due to the enigmatic culture that has captured the imaginations of many around the world.
Image by: LA Observer, on Flickr
In an effort to increase the “people to people” contact between the two nations, the Obama administration has introduced what has been termed as a” liberalisation of travel to Cuba”. Under the more relaxed new rules, U.S. citizens are now free to embark on pre-defined purposeful visits to Cuba. According to the U.S. government, purposeful visits can fall into any one of the following categories: family, religious, educational, cultural, journalism, diplomatic and business (commercial and biotechnical business activities are prohibited). These restrictions may still hinder the average U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying the typical luxury Caribbean holiday on the island’s beautiful beaches but it has provided the perfect opportunity for them to enjoy the rich Cuban culture.
Image by: Basse911, on Flickr
The PDACC trip has already sorted out all legal requirements with interested parties so those looking forward to making the most of this lifetime opportunity and want to enjoy cultural Cuba holidays this September 2012 are only required to fill out their registration form and pay. Marketed as a “People to People” excursion, the PDACC itinerary is packed with cultural activities including visits to Old Havana, the Partagas Cigar Factory, the Bay of Pigs Museum, Ernest Hemingway's 15-acre estate and a walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trinidad de Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...