Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. offering cultural Cuba holidays
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce has made an opportunity of a lifetime available to locals by coordinating a cultural trip to Cuba. Booking Cuba holidays is now on the minds of many Americans thanks to the relaxation of some travel restrictions.
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce (PDACC) in the United States has taken the somewhat controversial decision to organise special cultural Cuba holidays for interested locals. The journey to the Caribbean island is scheduled to take place from 18th September to 26th September 2012 and will cost $3699 USD under an all inclusive basis. CEO of the PDACC , Barbara deBoom, said of the trip, “It’s more of a cultural experience and to see time frozen in 1959, compared to where we are today in 2012…I think there will be some that think this is great and wonderful and there will be some who aren’t going to like it.”
Despite the tumultuous relationship that the communist country has had with the United States the reality is that the lure of Cuba holidays is very strong for many U.S. citizens. Most holidaymakers dream of taking luxury Caribbean holidays, with Cuba viewed as one of the top Caribbean destinations not only because of the island’s pristine beaches and tropical climate but largely due to the enigmatic culture that has captured the imaginations of many around the world.
Image by: LA Observer, on Flickr
In an effort to increase the “people to people” contact between the two nations, the Obama administration has introduced what has been termed as a” liberalisation of travel to Cuba”. Under the more relaxed new rules, U.S. citizens are now free to embark on pre-defined purposeful visits to Cuba. According to the U.S. government, purposeful visits can fall into any one of the following categories: family, religious, educational, cultural, journalism, diplomatic and business (commercial and biotechnical business activities are prohibited). These restrictions may still hinder the average U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying the typical luxury Caribbean holiday on the island’s beautiful beaches but it has provided the perfect opportunity for them to enjoy the rich Cuban culture.
Image by: Basse911, on Flickr
The PDACC trip has already sorted out all legal requirements with interested parties so those looking forward to making the most of this lifetime opportunity and want to enjoy cultural Cuba holidays this September 2012 are only required to fill out their registration form and pay. Marketed as a “People to People” excursion, the PDACC itinerary is packed with cultural activities including visits to Old Havana, the Partagas Cigar Factory, the Bay of Pigs Museum, Ernest Hemingway's 15-acre estate and a walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trinidad de Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...