Seychelles Eco-Friendly Marathon 2012 to take place in February
The fifth edition of the Seychelles Eco-Friendly Marathon will be taking place on 26th February, 2012. The marathon promotes the nation's natural beauty and attracts several hundred local runners, plus tourists who take part during Seychelles holidays.
Hundreds of runners are getting ready for the fifth edition of the annual Seychelles Eco-Friendly Marathon that will be taking place on 26th February, 2012. The sporting event attracts over 300 overseas participants who book Seychelles holidays especially for the race, plus several hundred local residents.
The marathon was first initiated in 2008 by Dong Chang Jeong, the Seychelles Honorary Consul General for South Korea, and the head of the Seychelles Tourist Office in Korea, in a bid to promote eco-friendly Seychelles holidays and to unite tourists and local island residents.
The 2012 Seychelles Eco-Friendly Marathon will start at Beau Vallon on the main island of Mahe at 7:00 am and runners will cover the northern and north-eastern regions of the main island and the capital Victoria.
The race is catered towards all fitness levels and one of the main reasons behind the event is to promote healthy exercise within beautiful natural surroundings.
Image by: evhead, on Flickr
All participants will receive a t-shirt and an Official Time Certificate and the winners of the top five categories will receive medals and prizes. Tourists who are looking to take part in the marathon during their holidays to the Seychelles must submit their registration by the 31st January, 2012 and local residents have until 15th February, 2012.
Following the marathon, a Korean Night event will be held at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel, one of the leading Seychelles hotels, that evening where participants will be able to sample traditional Korean cuisine and culture. Winners of the marathon and half-marathon will be presented their awards in a prize-giving ceremony.
The Seychelles is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean northeast of Madagascar spanning 115 beautiful islands. The archipelago boasts breathtaking natural landscapes made up of pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, azure crystal-clear ocean waters and lagoons, lush green forests and rolling green hills.
The islands offer the perfect getaway for romantic holidays in the Seychelles, weddings and honeymoons. Scuba divers and snorkelers will be in paradise thanks to the warm crystal clear ocean waters that are teeming with spectacular marine species such as colourful fish, vibrant corals, sea turtles, crabs, lobsters, manta rays, dolphins and sharks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Enjoy the exquisit food an amazing service to match at doubletree by hilton seychelles allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...