Etihad Airways' Passengers Offered Free Access to 2012 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
Travellers planning Abu Dhabi holidays around the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will receive complimentary admission to the leading sporting event if they book flights to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the emirate.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways has announced that its passengers will receive complimentary admission to the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January, 2012.
Golf enthusiasts will be able to book flights for their Abu Dhabi holidays and use their boarding passes to gain access to one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will be taking place from 26th to 29th January, 2012 and will feature top golfing players such as current champion, Martin Kaymer from Germany; world number one Luke Donald; former world number ones Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods; and major tournament winners Darren Clarke (British Open), Charl Schwartzel (US Masters), and Rory McIlroy (US Open).
The tournament is a European PGA tour-sanctioned event, and the international golfing pros will be battling it out for the $2.7 million prize fund.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
Last year, over 40,000 spectators attended the event and crowds included both local golf-lovers and tourists who planned golfing holidays to Abu Dhabi especially for the occasion. Abu Dhabi hotels are likely to be booked solid during the world-class event which is good news for the emirate’s economy and tourism industry.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
The championship will tee off at the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and the Championship Village will feature a full programme of entertainment and events for visitors of all ages such as attractions, prizes, games, competitions and live performances.
Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: “The championship is now positioned as one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.”
Travellers will be able to use their boarding passes from Abu Dhabi flights taken in December and January for free entry on any given day of the competition.
Etihad Airways provides flights to 70 cities in 46 countries across the world and the airline is linked to several major sporting events. Etihad has been the major sponsor for the Formula One event in Abu Dhabi since its first race in 2009. The airline was recognised by the World Travel Awards and voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...