Etihad Airways' Passengers Offered Free Access to 2012 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
Travellers planning Abu Dhabi holidays around the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will receive complimentary admission to the leading sporting event if they book flights to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the emirate.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways has announced that its passengers will receive complimentary admission to the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January, 2012.
Golf enthusiasts will be able to book flights for their Abu Dhabi holidays and use their boarding passes to gain access to one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will be taking place from 26th to 29th January, 2012 and will feature top golfing players such as current champion, Martin Kaymer from Germany; world number one Luke Donald; former world number ones Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods; and major tournament winners Darren Clarke (British Open), Charl Schwartzel (US Masters), and Rory McIlroy (US Open).
The tournament is a European PGA tour-sanctioned event, and the international golfing pros will be battling it out for the $2.7 million prize fund.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
Last year, over 40,000 spectators attended the event and crowds included both local golf-lovers and tourists who planned golfing holidays to Abu Dhabi especially for the occasion. Abu Dhabi hotels are likely to be booked solid during the world-class event which is good news for the emirate’s economy and tourism industry.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
The championship will tee off at the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and the Championship Village will feature a full programme of entertainment and events for visitors of all ages such as attractions, prizes, games, competitions and live performances.
Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: “The championship is now positioned as one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.”
Travellers will be able to use their boarding passes from Abu Dhabi flights taken in December and January for free entry on any given day of the competition.
Etihad Airways provides flights to 70 cities in 46 countries across the world and the airline is linked to several major sporting events. Etihad has been the major sponsor for the Formula One event in Abu Dhabi since its first race in 2009. The airline was recognised by the World Travel Awards and voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...