Etihad Airways' Passengers Offered Free Access to 2012 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
Travellers planning Abu Dhabi holidays around the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will receive complimentary admission to the leading sporting event if they book flights to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the emirate.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways has announced that its passengers will receive complimentary admission to the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January, 2012.
Golf enthusiasts will be able to book flights for their Abu Dhabi holidays and use their boarding passes to gain access to one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will be taking place from 26th to 29th January, 2012 and will feature top golfing players such as current champion, Martin Kaymer from Germany; world number one Luke Donald; former world number ones Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods; and major tournament winners Darren Clarke (British Open), Charl Schwartzel (US Masters), and Rory McIlroy (US Open).
The tournament is a European PGA tour-sanctioned event, and the international golfing pros will be battling it out for the $2.7 million prize fund.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
Last year, over 40,000 spectators attended the event and crowds included both local golf-lovers and tourists who planned golfing holidays to Abu Dhabi especially for the occasion. Abu Dhabi hotels are likely to be booked solid during the world-class event which is good news for the emirate’s economy and tourism industry.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
The championship will tee off at the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and the Championship Village will feature a full programme of entertainment and events for visitors of all ages such as attractions, prizes, games, competitions and live performances.
Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: “The championship is now positioned as one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.”
Travellers will be able to use their boarding passes from Abu Dhabi flights taken in December and January for free entry on any given day of the competition.
Etihad Airways provides flights to 70 cities in 46 countries across the world and the airline is linked to several major sporting events. Etihad has been the major sponsor for the Formula One event in Abu Dhabi since its first race in 2009. The airline was recognised by the World Travel Awards and voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...