Etihad Airways' Passengers Offered Free Access to 2012 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
Travellers planning Abu Dhabi holidays around the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will receive complimentary admission to the leading sporting event if they book flights to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the emirate.
The national air carrier of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways has announced that its passengers will receive complimentary admission to the forthcoming Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January, 2012.
Golf enthusiasts will be able to book flights for their Abu Dhabi holidays and use their boarding passes to gain access to one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.
The Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship will be taking place from 26th to 29th January, 2012 and will feature top golfing players such as current champion, Martin Kaymer from Germany; world number one Luke Donald; former world number ones Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods; and major tournament winners Darren Clarke (British Open), Charl Schwartzel (US Masters), and Rory McIlroy (US Open).
The tournament is a European PGA tour-sanctioned event, and the international golfing pros will be battling it out for the $2.7 million prize fund.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
Last year, over 40,000 spectators attended the event and crowds included both local golf-lovers and tourists who planned golfing holidays to Abu Dhabi especially for the occasion. Abu Dhabi hotels are likely to be booked solid during the world-class event which is good news for the emirate’s economy and tourism industry.
Image by: UAE Golf Course Guide, on Flickr
The championship will tee off at the National Course at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and the Championship Village will feature a full programme of entertainment and events for visitors of all ages such as attractions, prizes, games, competitions and live performances.
Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner, said: “The championship is now positioned as one of the leading sporting events in the Middle East.”
Travellers will be able to use their boarding passes from Abu Dhabi flights taken in December and January for free entry on any given day of the competition.
Etihad Airways provides flights to 70 cities in 46 countries across the world and the airline is linked to several major sporting events. Etihad has been the major sponsor for the Formula One event in Abu Dhabi since its first race in 2009. The airline was recognised by the World Travel Awards and voted as the World’s Leading Airline in 2011 for the second year in a row.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...