Emirates Launches Wi-Fi Service on Expanded Fleet of A380s
Travellers planning to take Dubai holidays aboard Emirates aircraft will now be able to email and browse the internet during flights as the airline launches Wi-Fi internet connectivity with the service provider, OnAir on its fleets of A380 planes.
Dubai’s leading airline, Emirates, has launched Wi-Fi connectivity aboard its fleet of A380 aircraft so passengers can surf the internet and email during their flights.
Travellers heading off to Dubai holidays will be able to update Twitter and Facebook profiles, keep in touch with family and friends and browse the Internet thanks to the Wi-Fi connection with the service provider, OnAir.
During flights to Dubai, travellers will be able to access the wireless internet service using laptops, smartphones, tablets and iPhones by logging on to the OnAir network and following the set-up steps.
The service was initially launched last year on the airline’s first few A380s and now that Emirates has acquired more of these aircraft, the internet is readily available to more passengers who are travelling to and from Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays and other destinations within the carrier’s network.
Patrick Brannelly, the Vice President of Corporate Communications Product, Publishing, Digital and Events for Emirates, explained: “Emirates recognises that being connected in-flight is increasingly important especially on our longer flights. Adding internet access is going to be a vital and ubiquitous part of any in-flight experience, just as it is in everyday life on the ground.
“As a result of our testing, we were able to learn a lot about what people like to do with the internet in-flight and are pleased to be able to launch with very affordable pricing options.”
He added: “Emirates has led the way in mobile phone use onboard with 91 aircraft currently allowing the service. We are obviously delighted to launch OnAir Wi-Fi on our A380 Aircraft and we will continue to invest in additional communications products across our entire fleet.”
Image by: spixpix, on Flickr
The Wi-Fi connectivity will be launched on 11 of the airline’s A380s that are currently in use and plans are in place to offer the service on all 71 of its A380s that are on order. From next year the state-of-the-art aircraft will be delivered with a selection of Wi-Fi, mobile phone and data services which passengers can enjoy during flights.
Tourists taking flights with Emirates to holidays in Dubai and over a hundred destinations across the globe will be able to access the Wi-Fi service from US$7.50 for mobile phones and US$15 for laptops.
Emirates Executive Vice President, Engineering and Operations, Adel Al Redha, commented: “With the OnAir product onboard, Emirates ensures our passengers will enjoy being connected in the sky on our most advanced aircraft.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...