Emirates Launches Wi-Fi Service on Expanded Fleet of A380s
Travellers planning to take Dubai holidays aboard Emirates aircraft will now be able to email and browse the internet during flights as the airline launches Wi-Fi internet connectivity with the service provider, OnAir on its fleets of A380 planes.
Dubai’s leading airline, Emirates, has launched Wi-Fi connectivity aboard its fleet of A380 aircraft so passengers can surf the internet and email during their flights.
Travellers heading off to Dubai holidays will be able to update Twitter and Facebook profiles, keep in touch with family and friends and browse the Internet thanks to the Wi-Fi connection with the service provider, OnAir.
During flights to Dubai, travellers will be able to access the wireless internet service using laptops, smartphones, tablets and iPhones by logging on to the OnAir network and following the set-up steps.
The service was initially launched last year on the airline’s first few A380s and now that Emirates has acquired more of these aircraft, the internet is readily available to more passengers who are travelling to and from Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays and other destinations within the carrier’s network.
Patrick Brannelly, the Vice President of Corporate Communications Product, Publishing, Digital and Events for Emirates, explained: “Emirates recognises that being connected in-flight is increasingly important especially on our longer flights. Adding internet access is going to be a vital and ubiquitous part of any in-flight experience, just as it is in everyday life on the ground.
“As a result of our testing, we were able to learn a lot about what people like to do with the internet in-flight and are pleased to be able to launch with very affordable pricing options.”
He added: “Emirates has led the way in mobile phone use onboard with 91 aircraft currently allowing the service. We are obviously delighted to launch OnAir Wi-Fi on our A380 Aircraft and we will continue to invest in additional communications products across our entire fleet.”
Image by: spixpix, on Flickr
The Wi-Fi connectivity will be launched on 11 of the airline’s A380s that are currently in use and plans are in place to offer the service on all 71 of its A380s that are on order. From next year the state-of-the-art aircraft will be delivered with a selection of Wi-Fi, mobile phone and data services which passengers can enjoy during flights.
Tourists taking flights with Emirates to holidays in Dubai and over a hundred destinations across the globe will be able to access the Wi-Fi service from US$7.50 for mobile phones and US$15 for laptops.
Emirates Executive Vice President, Engineering and Operations, Adel Al Redha, commented: “With the OnAir product onboard, Emirates ensures our passengers will enjoy being connected in the sky on our most advanced aircraft.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...