Emirates Launches Wi-Fi Service on Expanded Fleet of A380s
Travellers planning to take Dubai holidays aboard Emirates aircraft will now be able to email and browse the internet during flights as the airline launches Wi-Fi internet connectivity with the service provider, OnAir on its fleets of A380 planes.
Dubai’s leading airline, Emirates, has launched Wi-Fi connectivity aboard its fleet of A380 aircraft so passengers can surf the internet and email during their flights.
Travellers heading off to Dubai holidays will be able to update Twitter and Facebook profiles, keep in touch with family and friends and browse the Internet thanks to the Wi-Fi connection with the service provider, OnAir.
During flights to Dubai, travellers will be able to access the wireless internet service using laptops, smartphones, tablets and iPhones by logging on to the OnAir network and following the set-up steps.
The service was initially launched last year on the airline’s first few A380s and now that Emirates has acquired more of these aircraft, the internet is readily available to more passengers who are travelling to and from Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays and other destinations within the carrier’s network.
Patrick Brannelly, the Vice President of Corporate Communications Product, Publishing, Digital and Events for Emirates, explained: “Emirates recognises that being connected in-flight is increasingly important especially on our longer flights. Adding internet access is going to be a vital and ubiquitous part of any in-flight experience, just as it is in everyday life on the ground.
“As a result of our testing, we were able to learn a lot about what people like to do with the internet in-flight and are pleased to be able to launch with very affordable pricing options.”
He added: “Emirates has led the way in mobile phone use onboard with 91 aircraft currently allowing the service. We are obviously delighted to launch OnAir Wi-Fi on our A380 Aircraft and we will continue to invest in additional communications products across our entire fleet.”
Image by: spixpix, on Flickr
The Wi-Fi connectivity will be launched on 11 of the airline’s A380s that are currently in use and plans are in place to offer the service on all 71 of its A380s that are on order. From next year the state-of-the-art aircraft will be delivered with a selection of Wi-Fi, mobile phone and data services which passengers can enjoy during flights.
Tourists taking flights with Emirates to holidays in Dubai and over a hundred destinations across the globe will be able to access the Wi-Fi service from US$7.50 for mobile phones and US$15 for laptops.
Emirates Executive Vice President, Engineering and Operations, Adel Al Redha, commented: “With the OnAir product onboard, Emirates ensures our passengers will enjoy being connected in the sky on our most advanced aircraft.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...