Delightful Christmas Concerts to be held in the Dominican Republic
As Christmas approaches the Dominican Republic gets ready to celebrate the festivities. The National Theatre and Cathedral of Santo Domingo opens its doors to all who wish to listen to carols and share the Christmas joy during Dominican Republic holidays.
Christmas time is like no other festivity in the Dominican Republic with the festive season lasting almost 3 months in the popular Caribbean country, and being celebrated with fireworks, traditional food and music. For those who wish to spend a different and memorable Christmas while enjoying Dominican Republic holidays, the Christmas Choir Concert at the National Theatre and Cathedral of Santo Domingo is a wonderful option.
Christmas Day will be filled with joy and excitement and the beautiful voices of the traditional Christmas Carol Concert performers. This annual presentation, known as Luz del Mundo (Light of the World) held its very first recital on Thursday, 8th December at 8 pm at the theatre esplanade. Attending this unique and emotive event will give tourists a taste of the Caribbean Christmas spirit during their holidays in Dominican Republic.
The choirs of Banreservas, Edad Dorada and A Voces contain 90 spectacular voices, all directed by Mayra Peguero, who has worked hard to make sure the festive feeling is printed into the songs. The programme includes traditional Christmas songs from all around the globe, as well as many popular Dominican Christmas carols. Several lyrical singers are among the soloists: Maryam de Soto, Pura Tayson, Elvira de Leon, Luis Guillermo Puello and Arturo Lamarche.
The solo singers will be accompanied by the excellent pianists Elionai Medina and Anton Fustier and joined by the superb percussionists Rafael Diaz and Jose Luis Urena. Admission is free to all. On 25th December, Christmas Day, the choir of the Theatre and Cathedral of Santo Domingo will begin to sing at 8 pm sharp. It is recommendable for visitors who wish to attend the whole ceremony and witness it from the inside of the cathedral to arrive early (around 6:30 to 7:00 pm) because of the small seating capacity of the setting.
If visitors don’t get the chance to enter the cathedral, they will still be able to listen to the outstanding voices of the choir, by means of giant screens that will be set up outside the establishment. The music’s purpose is to create a merry environment in the ambiance of the old city. No matter whether you’re a tourist staying in one of the Dominican Republic hotels and resorts for your Christmas festivities, or a local spending the celebrations at home, carols, sharing and togetherness will be present in your stay.
Traditional religious Christmas songs and world favourites will also be heard in the concert. The event also often features a world premiere of a Dominican Christmas song; this is part of the Christmas tradition in many Dominican Families. Joey and cheerfulness are in abundance and contagious in this jewel of the Caribbean. The pleasant weather, with no snow, cold or rain is another reason for celebration. Locals and tourists can enjoy family time and experience fresh excitement during Dominican Republic holidays in Santo Domingo, the country's capital city, by following the tradition of setting off rockets and firecrackers into the air to illuminate the sky.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...