More Flight Options for Canadian Travellers Planning Cuba Holidays
Canadian travellers will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights for Cuba holidays from the City of Hamilton, Ontario as Transat Holidays gets ready to launch new weekly flights between Hamilton International Airport and Varadero, Cuba.
Transat Holidays has announced that it will be launching new weekly flights from the City of Hamilton in Ontario, Canada to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana on Christmas Eve.
Canadian travellers will have another option when it comes to booking Cuba holidays as the tour operator gets ready to offer weekly flights between Canada's John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport and Cuba's Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero and Mexico's Cancun International Airport.
Karen Medweth, the Director of Airport Service Development and Marketing for the airport “We are delighted to welcome Transat Tours to Hamilton International.
“The addition of another airline to Hamilton International demonstrates the airport’s pledge to provide more choice to vacationers in the region. With over 2.4 million passengers within a 50-minute drive and over 8 million within 90 minutes, we are seeing increased demands for access to a broader range of popular leisure destinations from an easy-to-use airport.”
Image by: Andrey_Sukhov, on Flickr
The new flights to Cuba and Mexico will be operated through CanJet and will run from 24th December, 2011, through to April 2012.
“Fast, friendly and convenient service is what Hamilton International Airport is known for, and it’s something we take a lot of pride in,”
Medweth added. “The addition of new routes and airlines only helps us to strengthen our position as a leading alternative airport for the broader catchment.”
Transat Holidays are currently celebrating 20 successful years of operating in the Canadian outbound holiday industry. The travel company specialises in providing Canada-based travellers with full-service sunny holidays to Cuba, Mexico, Central America and Europe. Their main focus is to send holidaymakers to sunny destinations during the cold winter months with a range of fully-inclusive holiday packages at competitive prices.
Image by: MareveroViaggi, on Flickr
The new flights to Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach destination and resort, especially among Canadian sun-seekers, will give winter travellers more flexibility when it comes to choosing their travel arrangements as well as providing Hamilton residents with direct flights to their favourite sun and beach destination in the Caribbean.
Cuba’s tourism officials will be welcoming the boost to the island’s tourism industry and economy as more visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat out in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive nearly three million international tourists by the end of 2011.
Canadian tour operator, Hola Sun Holidays, will also be offering weekly direct Cuba flights to Varadero and Holguin from Hamilton International Airport on 24th December, 2011.
Transat's new weekly flights to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana are sure to warm the winter chills among Canadian holidaymakers looking forward to escaping their harsh winter months during this festive season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...