More Flight Options for Canadian Travellers Planning Cuba Holidays
Canadian travellers will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights for Cuba holidays from the City of Hamilton, Ontario as Transat Holidays gets ready to launch new weekly flights between Hamilton International Airport and Varadero, Cuba.
Transat Holidays has announced that it will be launching new weekly flights from the City of Hamilton in Ontario, Canada to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana on Christmas Eve.
Canadian travellers will have another option when it comes to booking Cuba holidays as the tour operator gets ready to offer weekly flights between Canada's John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport and Cuba's Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero and Mexico's Cancun International Airport.
Karen Medweth, the Director of Airport Service Development and Marketing for the airport “We are delighted to welcome Transat Tours to Hamilton International.
“The addition of another airline to Hamilton International demonstrates the airport’s pledge to provide more choice to vacationers in the region. With over 2.4 million passengers within a 50-minute drive and over 8 million within 90 minutes, we are seeing increased demands for access to a broader range of popular leisure destinations from an easy-to-use airport.”
Image by: Andrey_Sukhov, on Flickr
The new flights to Cuba and Mexico will be operated through CanJet and will run from 24th December, 2011, through to April 2012.
“Fast, friendly and convenient service is what Hamilton International Airport is known for, and it’s something we take a lot of pride in,”
Medweth added. “The addition of new routes and airlines only helps us to strengthen our position as a leading alternative airport for the broader catchment.”
Transat Holidays are currently celebrating 20 successful years of operating in the Canadian outbound holiday industry. The travel company specialises in providing Canada-based travellers with full-service sunny holidays to Cuba, Mexico, Central America and Europe. Their main focus is to send holidaymakers to sunny destinations during the cold winter months with a range of fully-inclusive holiday packages at competitive prices.
Image by: MareveroViaggi, on Flickr
The new flights to Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach destination and resort, especially among Canadian sun-seekers, will give winter travellers more flexibility when it comes to choosing their travel arrangements as well as providing Hamilton residents with direct flights to their favourite sun and beach destination in the Caribbean.
Cuba’s tourism officials will be welcoming the boost to the island’s tourism industry and economy as more visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat out in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive nearly three million international tourists by the end of 2011.
Canadian tour operator, Hola Sun Holidays, will also be offering weekly direct Cuba flights to Varadero and Holguin from Hamilton International Airport on 24th December, 2011.
Transat's new weekly flights to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana are sure to warm the winter chills among Canadian holidaymakers looking forward to escaping their harsh winter months during this festive season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...