More Flight Options for Canadian Travellers Planning Cuba Holidays
Canadian travellers will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights for Cuba holidays from the City of Hamilton, Ontario as Transat Holidays gets ready to launch new weekly flights between Hamilton International Airport and Varadero, Cuba.
Transat Holidays has announced that it will be launching new weekly flights from the City of Hamilton in Ontario, Canada to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana on Christmas Eve.
Canadian travellers will have another option when it comes to booking Cuba holidays as the tour operator gets ready to offer weekly flights between Canada's John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport and Cuba's Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero and Mexico's Cancun International Airport.
Karen Medweth, the Director of Airport Service Development and Marketing for the airport “We are delighted to welcome Transat Tours to Hamilton International.
“The addition of another airline to Hamilton International demonstrates the airport’s pledge to provide more choice to vacationers in the region. With over 2.4 million passengers within a 50-minute drive and over 8 million within 90 minutes, we are seeing increased demands for access to a broader range of popular leisure destinations from an easy-to-use airport.”
Image by: Andrey_Sukhov, on Flickr
The new flights to Cuba and Mexico will be operated through CanJet and will run from 24th December, 2011, through to April 2012.
“Fast, friendly and convenient service is what Hamilton International Airport is known for, and it’s something we take a lot of pride in,”
Medweth added. “The addition of new routes and airlines only helps us to strengthen our position as a leading alternative airport for the broader catchment.”
Transat Holidays are currently celebrating 20 successful years of operating in the Canadian outbound holiday industry. The travel company specialises in providing Canada-based travellers with full-service sunny holidays to Cuba, Mexico, Central America and Europe. Their main focus is to send holidaymakers to sunny destinations during the cold winter months with a range of fully-inclusive holiday packages at competitive prices.
Image by: MareveroViaggi, on Flickr
The new flights to Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach destination and resort, especially among Canadian sun-seekers, will give winter travellers more flexibility when it comes to choosing their travel arrangements as well as providing Hamilton residents with direct flights to their favourite sun and beach destination in the Caribbean.
Cuba’s tourism officials will be welcoming the boost to the island’s tourism industry and economy as more visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat out in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive nearly three million international tourists by the end of 2011.
Canadian tour operator, Hola Sun Holidays, will also be offering weekly direct Cuba flights to Varadero and Holguin from Hamilton International Airport on 24th December, 2011.
Transat's new weekly flights to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana are sure to warm the winter chills among Canadian holidaymakers looking forward to escaping their harsh winter months during this festive season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...