More Flight Options for Canadian Travellers Planning Cuba Holidays
Canadian travellers will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights for Cuba holidays from the City of Hamilton, Ontario as Transat Holidays gets ready to launch new weekly flights between Hamilton International Airport and Varadero, Cuba.
Transat Holidays has announced that it will be launching new weekly flights from the City of Hamilton in Ontario, Canada to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana on Christmas Eve.
Canadian travellers will have another option when it comes to booking Cuba holidays as the tour operator gets ready to offer weekly flights between Canada's John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport and Cuba's Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero and Mexico's Cancun International Airport.
Karen Medweth, the Director of Airport Service Development and Marketing for the airport “We are delighted to welcome Transat Tours to Hamilton International.
“The addition of another airline to Hamilton International demonstrates the airport’s pledge to provide more choice to vacationers in the region. With over 2.4 million passengers within a 50-minute drive and over 8 million within 90 minutes, we are seeing increased demands for access to a broader range of popular leisure destinations from an easy-to-use airport.”
Image by: Andrey_Sukhov, on Flickr
The new flights to Cuba and Mexico will be operated through CanJet and will run from 24th December, 2011, through to April 2012.
“Fast, friendly and convenient service is what Hamilton International Airport is known for, and it’s something we take a lot of pride in,”
Medweth added. “The addition of new routes and airlines only helps us to strengthen our position as a leading alternative airport for the broader catchment.”
Transat Holidays are currently celebrating 20 successful years of operating in the Canadian outbound holiday industry. The travel company specialises in providing Canada-based travellers with full-service sunny holidays to Cuba, Mexico, Central America and Europe. Their main focus is to send holidaymakers to sunny destinations during the cold winter months with a range of fully-inclusive holiday packages at competitive prices.
Image by: MareveroViaggi, on Flickr
The new flights to Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach destination and resort, especially among Canadian sun-seekers, will give winter travellers more flexibility when it comes to choosing their travel arrangements as well as providing Hamilton residents with direct flights to their favourite sun and beach destination in the Caribbean.
Cuba’s tourism officials will be welcoming the boost to the island’s tourism industry and economy as more visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat out in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive nearly three million international tourists by the end of 2011.
Canadian tour operator, Hola Sun Holidays, will also be offering weekly direct Cuba flights to Varadero and Holguin from Hamilton International Airport on 24th December, 2011.
Transat's new weekly flights to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana are sure to warm the winter chills among Canadian holidaymakers looking forward to escaping their harsh winter months during this festive season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...