More Flight Options for Canadian Travellers Planning Cuba Holidays
Canadian travellers will have more choice when it comes to booking charter flights for Cuba holidays from the City of Hamilton, Ontario as Transat Holidays gets ready to launch new weekly flights between Hamilton International Airport and Varadero, Cuba.
Transat Holidays has announced that it will be launching new weekly flights from the City of Hamilton in Ontario, Canada to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana on Christmas Eve.
Canadian travellers will have another option when it comes to booking Cuba holidays as the tour operator gets ready to offer weekly flights between Canada's John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport and Cuba's Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero and Mexico's Cancun International Airport.
Karen Medweth, the Director of Airport Service Development and Marketing for the airport “We are delighted to welcome Transat Tours to Hamilton International.
“The addition of another airline to Hamilton International demonstrates the airport’s pledge to provide more choice to vacationers in the region. With over 2.4 million passengers within a 50-minute drive and over 8 million within 90 minutes, we are seeing increased demands for access to a broader range of popular leisure destinations from an easy-to-use airport.”
Image by: Andrey_Sukhov, on Flickr
The new flights to Cuba and Mexico will be operated through CanJet and will run from 24th December, 2011, through to April 2012.
“Fast, friendly and convenient service is what Hamilton International Airport is known for, and it’s something we take a lot of pride in,”
Medweth added. “The addition of new routes and airlines only helps us to strengthen our position as a leading alternative airport for the broader catchment.”
Transat Holidays are currently celebrating 20 successful years of operating in the Canadian outbound holiday industry. The travel company specialises in providing Canada-based travellers with full-service sunny holidays to Cuba, Mexico, Central America and Europe. Their main focus is to send holidaymakers to sunny destinations during the cold winter months with a range of fully-inclusive holiday packages at competitive prices.
Image by: MareveroViaggi, on Flickr
The new flights to Varadero, Cuba's most popular beach destination and resort, especially among Canadian sun-seekers, will give winter travellers more flexibility when it comes to choosing their travel arrangements as well as providing Hamilton residents with direct flights to their favourite sun and beach destination in the Caribbean.
Cuba’s tourism officials will be welcoming the boost to the island’s tourism industry and economy as more visitors stay in Cuba hotels, eat out in restaurants and visit the island’s tourist attractions.
The Caribbean island nation is expecting to receive nearly three million international tourists by the end of 2011.
Canadian tour operator, Hola Sun Holidays, will also be offering weekly direct Cuba flights to Varadero and Holguin from Hamilton International Airport on 24th December, 2011.
Transat's new weekly flights to Varadero, Cancun and Punta Cana are sure to warm the winter chills among Canadian holidaymakers looking forward to escaping their harsh winter months during this festive season.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...