Emirates Airlines sponsors major Seychelles holidays attraction
In a bid to promote the Seychelles as a top holiday destination, Emirates airline will sponsor the 2012 Seychelles Carnival. The Seychelles Tourism board and Emirates airlines are working together to entice more tourists to book Seychelles holidays.
Emirates Airlines has announced that they will be the proud sponsors of the 2012 Seychelles Carnival for the second year running. The carnival, also known as “Carnaval International de Victoria” is one of the key events for the archipelago, set to take place from the 2nd- 4th March 2012.
The Seychelles tourism board has gone all out to promote the event offering discounted “Carnival rates” for all holidaymakers planning holidays to the Seychelles at the Seychelles hotels of their choice.
The three day spectacle is likely to be a key selling point for tourists planning their 2012 Seychelles holidays, with representatives of the best Carnivals from across the globe given a stage to showcase what their countries have to offer. In the 2011 edition of the event, a total of 65 local and international floats took part in the celebrations including Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Brazil, China, France, Italy and the United Kingdom.
The Carnival is seen as an opportunity to unify the region and the world, its chances for success will be greatly improved with a collaborative effort from the tourism board and the Emirates airlines. Alain St Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism board stated, “As we congratulate Emirates for being the official partner airline for this unique event, we also say thank you to them for helping to make the event more visible and more known. Their direct support remains vital and crucial”.
The sponsorship announcement follows a recent strengthening of the relationship between Emirates, one of the key airlines offering affordable flights to the Seychelles, and the island group’s Tourism Board. At the November 2011 Dubai Air Show, Emirates senior vice president Sheikh Majid Al Mualla and Alain St.Ange, CEO of Seychelles tourism board, signed a Memorandum of Understanding aimed at promoting the Seychelles. “We strongly believe in the Seychelles as a destination and it is with this frame of mind that we will continue to work with the Seychelles Tourism Board for the future campaigns” Sheikh Majid Al Mualla said.
The partnership between the two will contribute to a growth in the already successful Seychelles tourism industry. The beautiful islands, located in the exotic India Ocean, have proved to be a popular holiday destination as the number of people taking Seychelles holidays this year exceeded the forecasted figures with a record breaking 174530 visitors and counting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...