Oman Air Launches New Flights Between Muscat and Zurich
Oman Air, Oman's flagship carrier, has announced its brand new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich in Switzerland. The new route will offer four weekly services and will provide more options for European travellers planning Oman holidays.
Oman’s national airline, Oman Air, has announced the launch of its new service between Muscat and the city of Zurich in Switzerland.
Zurich is the airline’s sixth destination in Europe and the new service will provide four weekly flights for travellers planning both Zurich and Oman holidays.
Oman Air's Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hill, stated: "We are delighted to launch our new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich. Zurich is one of the world's great financial centres and an ideal gateway for the beautiful Alpine landscapes which are so ideal for both winter and summer sports.”
Swiss travellers taking holidays to Oman will be able to enjoy flights onboard the airline’s brand new fleet of Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first onboard connectivity service that enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during Oman flights.
Travellers will also be able to relax in spacious and comfortable seats, and passengers in Business Class can enjoy their flights to Oman in the World's Best Business Class Seat as voted by the World Airline Awards 2011. First and Business Class customers can spread out on extra-long, fully lie-flat seats, each with direct aisle access.
Image by: Bernardo Ricci Armani ,on Flickr
Mr Hill said: "We anticipate that the route will prove extremely popular for visitors from Oman and other Gulf nations, as well as from further afield.
"Equally, the new service will offer the people of Switzerland the opportunity to visit Oman and to experience the unparalleled hospitality, rich culture and dramatic landscapes that are unique to the Sultanate."
This year has been one of the airline’s most successful to date after it introduced new destinations to its extensive portfolio and was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following an extensive audit earlier this year.
Oman’s flagship carrier recently launched a new brand for travellers going on holidays in Oman in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies. The brand, titled Oman Air Holidays, will see more visitors staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s attractions and historical sites such as the golden beaches, Al Jalali Fort, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace, Qurum National Park and the Bait az-Zubair Museum.
Mr Hill concluded: "Having attracted 21 awards in 21 months, Oman Air's acclaimed products and services are a perfect for Zurich and we look forward to offering passengers the warmest of welcomes on this brand new route."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...