Oman Air Launches New Flights Between Muscat and Zurich
Oman Air, Oman's flagship carrier, has announced its brand new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich in Switzerland. The new route will offer four weekly services and will provide more options for European travellers planning Oman holidays.
Oman’s national airline, Oman Air, has announced the launch of its new service between Muscat and the city of Zurich in Switzerland.
Zurich is the airline’s sixth destination in Europe and the new service will provide four weekly flights for travellers planning both Zurich and Oman holidays.
Oman Air's Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hill, stated: "We are delighted to launch our new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich. Zurich is one of the world's great financial centres and an ideal gateway for the beautiful Alpine landscapes which are so ideal for both winter and summer sports.”
Swiss travellers taking holidays to Oman will be able to enjoy flights onboard the airline’s brand new fleet of Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first onboard connectivity service that enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during Oman flights.
Travellers will also be able to relax in spacious and comfortable seats, and passengers in Business Class can enjoy their flights to Oman in the World's Best Business Class Seat as voted by the World Airline Awards 2011. First and Business Class customers can spread out on extra-long, fully lie-flat seats, each with direct aisle access.
Image by: Bernardo Ricci Armani ,on Flickr
Mr Hill said: "We anticipate that the route will prove extremely popular for visitors from Oman and other Gulf nations, as well as from further afield.
"Equally, the new service will offer the people of Switzerland the opportunity to visit Oman and to experience the unparalleled hospitality, rich culture and dramatic landscapes that are unique to the Sultanate."
This year has been one of the airline’s most successful to date after it introduced new destinations to its extensive portfolio and was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following an extensive audit earlier this year.
Oman’s flagship carrier recently launched a new brand for travellers going on holidays in Oman in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies. The brand, titled Oman Air Holidays, will see more visitors staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s attractions and historical sites such as the golden beaches, Al Jalali Fort, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace, Qurum National Park and the Bait az-Zubair Museum.
Mr Hill concluded: "Having attracted 21 awards in 21 months, Oman Air's acclaimed products and services are a perfect for Zurich and we look forward to offering passengers the warmest of welcomes on this brand new route."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Save £450 per person with our current Flash Sale.
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...