Oman Air Launches New Flights Between Muscat and Zurich
Oman Air, Oman's flagship carrier, has announced its brand new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich in Switzerland. The new route will offer four weekly services and will provide more options for European travellers planning Oman holidays.
Oman’s national airline, Oman Air, has announced the launch of its new service between Muscat and the city of Zurich in Switzerland.
Zurich is the airline’s sixth destination in Europe and the new service will provide four weekly flights for travellers planning both Zurich and Oman holidays.
Oman Air's Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hill, stated: "We are delighted to launch our new service between Oman's capital of Muscat and Zurich. Zurich is one of the world's great financial centres and an ideal gateway for the beautiful Alpine landscapes which are so ideal for both winter and summer sports.”
Swiss travellers taking holidays to Oman will be able to enjoy flights onboard the airline’s brand new fleet of Airbus A330 which feature the world’s first onboard connectivity service that enables passengers to make phone calls, send text messages and surf the internet during Oman flights.
Travellers will also be able to relax in spacious and comfortable seats, and passengers in Business Class can enjoy their flights to Oman in the World's Best Business Class Seat as voted by the World Airline Awards 2011. First and Business Class customers can spread out on extra-long, fully lie-flat seats, each with direct aisle access.
Image by: Bernardo Ricci Armani ,on Flickr
Mr Hill said: "We anticipate that the route will prove extremely popular for visitors from Oman and other Gulf nations, as well as from further afield.
"Equally, the new service will offer the people of Switzerland the opportunity to visit Oman and to experience the unparalleled hospitality, rich culture and dramatic landscapes that are unique to the Sultanate."
This year has been one of the airline’s most successful to date after it introduced new destinations to its extensive portfolio and was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following an extensive audit earlier this year.
Oman’s flagship carrier recently launched a new brand for travellers going on holidays in Oman in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies. The brand, titled Oman Air Holidays, will see more visitors staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s attractions and historical sites such as the golden beaches, Al Jalali Fort, Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace, Qurum National Park and the Bait az-Zubair Museum.
Mr Hill concluded: "Having attracted 21 awards in 21 months, Oman Air's acclaimed products and services are a perfect for Zurich and we look forward to offering passengers the warmest of welcomes on this brand new route."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Located just 150 yards from the pretty seaside promenade in the popular resort of Qawra, the Hotel Santana is ideally...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...