Jamaica Investing Heavily in the Holiday Industry with Large Funds
The Prime Minister of Jamaica, Andrew Holness recently unveiled new government plans to inject a substantially large amount of funds into the Jamaica holidays industry and travel sector, in order to create more employment and attract more holidaymakers.
Andrew Holness, Jamaica's Prime Minister recently unveiled plans for the country to invest millions of pounds in the travel sector and the booming holiday industry. The substantial funds, as revealed by online reviews website Easyvoyage, are aimed at encouraging more worldwide travellers to book holidays to Jamaica and help the country's tourism infrastructure improve and expand.
During the announcement of the new tourism investment, made during the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association's 50th Anniversary gala banquet, Mr. Holness outlined the government's plans to create 20,000 jobs in the Jamaican holiday and travel industry in a bid to increase the island's appeal as a Caribbean holiday destination and to improve employment figures island-wide.
The news were welcomed by Jamaican hotels and resorts as well by home-based ground handlers and foreign tour operators sending tourists to Jamaica holidays.
During the gala ceremony Jamaica's Prime Minister reflected on a successful year for Jamaica's holiday industry as visits to the island nation have continued to increase despite the gloom of uncertainty and instability in the global economy. Predicting a 6 per cent growth in arrivals,local travel and reviews company, Easyvoyage said they believed that the new investments in Jamaica's travel sector would secure further tourism growth as more people are enticed to take holidays in Jamaica.
According to figures unveiled recently by local authorities, Jamaica saw 763,000 cruise visitors calling at the island between January and September 2011, in addition to a whopping 1.5 million of stopover holidaymakers.
A representative from Easyvoyage, Rooksana Hossenally said, "Jamaica has always been a popular destination”
“The country is a great place to experience everything that the Caribbean has to offer, with great beaches and fantastic facilities
“Jamaica already has all the ingredients to make a great destination, but with this investment they will be able to become one of the world's top tourist hotspots."
This year Jamaica was also the proud received of the prestigious title of "Caribbean's Leading Destination", an honour it has earned for the last six years in a row and which has been awarded by the World Travel Awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...