Jamaica Investing Heavily in the Holiday Industry with Large Funds
The Prime Minister of Jamaica, Andrew Holness recently unveiled new government plans to inject a substantially large amount of funds into the Jamaica holidays industry and travel sector, in order to create more employment and attract more holidaymakers.
Andrew Holness, Jamaica's Prime Minister recently unveiled plans for the country to invest millions of pounds in the travel sector and the booming holiday industry. The substantial funds, as revealed by online reviews website Easyvoyage, are aimed at encouraging more worldwide travellers to book holidays to Jamaica and help the country's tourism infrastructure improve and expand.
During the announcement of the new tourism investment, made during the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association's 50th Anniversary gala banquet, Mr. Holness outlined the government's plans to create 20,000 jobs in the Jamaican holiday and travel industry in a bid to increase the island's appeal as a Caribbean holiday destination and to improve employment figures island-wide.
The news were welcomed by Jamaican hotels and resorts as well by home-based ground handlers and foreign tour operators sending tourists to Jamaica holidays.
During the gala ceremony Jamaica's Prime Minister reflected on a successful year for Jamaica's holiday industry as visits to the island nation have continued to increase despite the gloom of uncertainty and instability in the global economy. Predicting a 6 per cent growth in arrivals,local travel and reviews company, Easyvoyage said they believed that the new investments in Jamaica's travel sector would secure further tourism growth as more people are enticed to take holidays in Jamaica.
According to figures unveiled recently by local authorities, Jamaica saw 763,000 cruise visitors calling at the island between January and September 2011, in addition to a whopping 1.5 million of stopover holidaymakers.
A representative from Easyvoyage, Rooksana Hossenally said, "Jamaica has always been a popular destination”
“The country is a great place to experience everything that the Caribbean has to offer, with great beaches and fantastic facilities
“Jamaica already has all the ingredients to make a great destination, but with this investment they will be able to become one of the world's top tourist hotspots."
This year Jamaica was also the proud received of the prestigious title of "Caribbean's Leading Destination", an honour it has earned for the last six years in a row and which has been awarded by the World Travel Awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...