Seychelles Breaks 2010 Visitor Arrival Record Six Weeks Before End of 2011
The Seychelles looks like it will set a new tourism record this year as it breaks its 2010 visitor record six weeks before the end of the year. The number of tourists who have taken Seychelles holidays in 2011 so far has reached 174,530 and counting.
The number of visitors to the Seychelles this year has already exceeded the nation’s total number of visitor arrivals in 2010 and there are still six weeks to go before the end of the year.
Last week, the Indian Ocean nation counted 174,530 tourists who had taken Seychelles holidays so far in 2011 after Mahe International Airport welcomed the “record breaking” winning couple; Florence and Arnaud Gambert from France, who arrived to the island nation on an Etihad Airways flight.
The couple were welcomed by Barry Faure, the Chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Board and Alain St. Ange, the Chief Executive of the Tourism Board, who was also on board the same flight after returning from the opening of the Seychelles Embassy and Tourist Office in Abu Dhabi.
This was the first time Florence and Arnaud Gambert had taken Seychelles holidays and the timing could not have been better as they arrived on the island to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary at the Banyan Tree Resort in Mahe, one of the most luxurious Seychelles hotels on the island.
Image by: Corrafig, on Flickr
Alain St.Ange commented: “That we have broken last year’s impressive record shows that the tourism policy of the government is working.
“Today it is clear we are on the right path. It also shows clearly that the idea of positioning our offices in key market areas and putting our own people who are selling Seychelles from their hearts in these markets has also helped to promote our destination and ensure Seychelles remains at the forefront when the world economies are suffering and our main target markets are going through financial turmoil.”
Image by: BÃ©nÃ© & 2ni, on Flickr
Leading airlines such as Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Etihad have contributed to the increase in tourists booking holidays to the Seychelles by launching joint promotions and raising the profile of the beautiful Indian Ocean island nation. The number of weekly Seychelles flights to Mahe has reached 25 and Etihad Airways now offers four weekly services to the country.
The Seychelles is an island country located in the Indian Ocean, northeast of Madagascar and spanning 115 beautiful islands. The archipelago offers stunning natural landscapes comprising pristine white sand palm fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and lagoons, lush green forests and rolling green hills.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Located right by the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean, the Savoy offers a unique intimate and welcoming atmosphere with something for all
- Luxurious onsite Spa features 9 treatment rooms, an additional adults-only pool, yoga pavilion and two saunas
- Free upgrade from Bed& Breakfast to Half Board
- Enjoy fine dining experiences at the hotel’s 3 superb restaurants , Grand Savoy for international cuisine , Pescado fine dining and The Gecko Beach Bar ideal for a casual lunch and great cocktails with live entertainment
- An amazing Kids Club for young guest aged 4 to 12, where they can have endless fun, socialise and play a variety of games
- Exclusively 15% discount on any SPA treatments in the hotel
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Located on the main island of Mahe in the Seychelles, the DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Seychelles Allamanda...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....