British Airways Gives Passengers Extra Time during Mauritius holidays
British Airways has changed the timings of its flights to Mauritius so that passengers will have more time on the Indian Ocean island. Tourist enjoying Mauritius holidays will have an extra 12 hours to see the sights or relax on the pristine beaches.
British Airways has announced that it will be amending the timings of its Mauritius flights, leaving passengers with more time to soak up the sun and relax on the beautiful island.
Travellers taking Mauritius holidays and flying with British Airways will have an extra 12 hours to spend on the Indian Ocean island nation as the airline changes the departure time.
The timetable changes coincide with the route being moved from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick as part of a drive to enhance the airline’s premium leisure programme at Gatwick.
British Airways’ Director at Gatwick Airport, Silla Maizey, said: "We have a strong premium leisure strategy for Gatwick - we want it to be a hub for great high-end holiday destinations.
Image by: whl.travel, on Flickr
"Moving the Mauritius flight here helps us to strengthen this position as it will now sit alongside destinations such as the Maldives and the Caribbean."
The British airline has recently opened the new state-of-the-art terminal extension at Gatwick Airport which will allow travellers to gain more control over their journeys. Passengers will be able to check in to their Mauritius flights, choose their seats, and print their own luggage tags from the newly installed facilities.
Ms Maizey added: "We've listened to feedback from our customers about the timings of the flights to Mauritius so it's great we've been able to design the new schedule around their needs. This new timing has an evening departure from Mauritius and an early morning arrival into Gatwick, giving back customers a full day at their destination when they would otherwise have been flying."
Image by: ShawWellPete, on Flickr
Situated off the southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean and a popular destination for romantic holidays, honeymoons and weddings. The island boasts miles of palm-fringed white soft sand beaches; lush tropical forests and rolling hills; sparkling azure ocean waters; an abundance of land and marine wildlife; and upscale beachfront Mauritius hotels and resorts.
During Mauritius holidays, visitors can take part in a variety of activities including snorkelling or scuba diving in turquoise crystal clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons; deep sea fishing; windsurfing; golf; hiking and mountain climbing to Macchabee Forest, Le Pouce, the Black River Gorges National Park, Montagne Lion and Piton Savanne; or horse-riding along the shores or at the Mont Choisy Sugar Estate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...