British Airways Gives Passengers Extra Time during Mauritius holidays
British Airways has changed the timings of its flights to Mauritius so that passengers will have more time on the Indian Ocean island. Tourist enjoying Mauritius holidays will have an extra 12 hours to see the sights or relax on the pristine beaches.
British Airways has announced that it will be amending the timings of its Mauritius flights, leaving passengers with more time to soak up the sun and relax on the beautiful island.
Travellers taking Mauritius holidays and flying with British Airways will have an extra 12 hours to spend on the Indian Ocean island nation as the airline changes the departure time.
The timetable changes coincide with the route being moved from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick as part of a drive to enhance the airline’s premium leisure programme at Gatwick.
British Airways’ Director at Gatwick Airport, Silla Maizey, said: "We have a strong premium leisure strategy for Gatwick - we want it to be a hub for great high-end holiday destinations.
Image by: whl.travel, on Flickr
"Moving the Mauritius flight here helps us to strengthen this position as it will now sit alongside destinations such as the Maldives and the Caribbean."
The British airline has recently opened the new state-of-the-art terminal extension at Gatwick Airport which will allow travellers to gain more control over their journeys. Passengers will be able to check in to their Mauritius flights, choose their seats, and print their own luggage tags from the newly installed facilities.
Ms Maizey added: "We've listened to feedback from our customers about the timings of the flights to Mauritius so it's great we've been able to design the new schedule around their needs. This new timing has an evening departure from Mauritius and an early morning arrival into Gatwick, giving back customers a full day at their destination when they would otherwise have been flying."
Image by: ShawWellPete, on Flickr
Situated off the southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean and a popular destination for romantic holidays, honeymoons and weddings. The island boasts miles of palm-fringed white soft sand beaches; lush tropical forests and rolling hills; sparkling azure ocean waters; an abundance of land and marine wildlife; and upscale beachfront Mauritius hotels and resorts.
During Mauritius holidays, visitors can take part in a variety of activities including snorkelling or scuba diving in turquoise crystal clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons; deep sea fishing; windsurfing; golf; hiking and mountain climbing to Macchabee Forest, Le Pouce, the Black River Gorges National Park, Montagne Lion and Piton Savanne; or horse-riding along the shores or at the Mont Choisy Sugar Estate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...