British Airways Gives Passengers Extra Time during Mauritius holidays
British Airways has changed the timings of its flights to Mauritius so that passengers will have more time on the Indian Ocean island. Tourist enjoying Mauritius holidays will have an extra 12 hours to see the sights or relax on the pristine beaches.
British Airways has announced that it will be amending the timings of its Mauritius flights, leaving passengers with more time to soak up the sun and relax on the beautiful island.
Travellers taking Mauritius holidays and flying with British Airways will have an extra 12 hours to spend on the Indian Ocean island nation as the airline changes the departure time.
The timetable changes coincide with the route being moved from London Heathrow Airport to London Gatwick as part of a drive to enhance the airline’s premium leisure programme at Gatwick.
British Airways’ Director at Gatwick Airport, Silla Maizey, said: "We have a strong premium leisure strategy for Gatwick - we want it to be a hub for great high-end holiday destinations.
Image by: whl.travel, on Flickr
"Moving the Mauritius flight here helps us to strengthen this position as it will now sit alongside destinations such as the Maldives and the Caribbean."
The British airline has recently opened the new state-of-the-art terminal extension at Gatwick Airport which will allow travellers to gain more control over their journeys. Passengers will be able to check in to their Mauritius flights, choose their seats, and print their own luggage tags from the newly installed facilities.
Ms Maizey added: "We've listened to feedback from our customers about the timings of the flights to Mauritius so it's great we've been able to design the new schedule around their needs. This new timing has an evening departure from Mauritius and an early morning arrival into Gatwick, giving back customers a full day at their destination when they would otherwise have been flying."
Image by: ShawWellPete, on Flickr
Situated off the southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean and a popular destination for romantic holidays, honeymoons and weddings. The island boasts miles of palm-fringed white soft sand beaches; lush tropical forests and rolling hills; sparkling azure ocean waters; an abundance of land and marine wildlife; and upscale beachfront Mauritius hotels and resorts.
During Mauritius holidays, visitors can take part in a variety of activities including snorkelling or scuba diving in turquoise crystal clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons; deep sea fishing; windsurfing; golf; hiking and mountain climbing to Macchabee Forest, Le Pouce, the Black River Gorges National Park, Montagne Lion and Piton Savanne; or horse-riding along the shores or at the Mont Choisy Sugar Estate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...