JetBlue Launches Flights Between Florida and Jamaica
JetBlue has announced that it will be offering new flights for Jamaica holidays as it expands its service. The airline will commence non-stop flights between Fort Lauderdale in Florida and the Caribbean island's capital, Kingston in April 2012.
Following the success of the direct service between New York and Jamaica since its launch in 2009, JetBlue Airways has announced that it will be launching a non-stop service between Fort Lauderdale in Florida and Kingston, Jamaica next spring.
The new service will commence in April 2012 and will provide two daily flights to Jamaica for travellers from the United States taking Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica’s Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said: “I welcome JetBlue’s expanded service from New York to Kingston which is set to begin next April. The decision by the airline to increase its flights sends a strong signal to the world which points to Jamaica’s stability for investment in the tourism trade.
“JetBlue is by far the fastest growing airline in Jamaica, as at the end of its first year in operation locally it secured 2 per cent of the market. Last year it held 6 per cent of the local market and is now trending to 10 per cent of market-share.”
In May 2009, JetBlue launched their first Jamaica flights from JFK International Airport in New York to Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. Later that year, the air carrier expanded the service and launched a new route from New York to Kingston, Jamaica.
Image by: Rising Sun 2010, on Flickr
Travellers will now have more choices when it comes to booking flights for Jamaica holidays from the United States and the Caribbean island is expecting a significant increase in international visitors during the 2011/2012 winter season.
Bartlett explained: “JetBlue’s expansion in Jamaica puts our country in good stead to have a robust summer in 2012. We are already anticipating a strong 2011/2012 winter tourist season with some 1,044,137 air seats already secured, which represents a 5.6 per cent increase over 2010, and a 4.7 per cent increase over the 2011 winter season.”
The tourism minister added that the number of tourists taking holidays to Jamaica via cruise ships this winter is expected to reach 583,186; a staggering 48.4 per cent increase on the same period last year. The total number of holidaymakers expected to visit Jamaica over the forthcoming winter months is approximately 1.352 million.
Image by: Pat Mulrooney, on Flickr
“JetBlue is making it easier than ever for travellers from key markets such as the US to access Jamaica and I commend them for providing this valuable service which is vital to maintaining our strong position in the US market.” Bartlett concluded.
Jamaica is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular destinations for luxury holidays. The tropical island was honoured at this year’s World Travel Awards as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” and several Jamaica hotels also received prestigious recognitions at the 2011 WTA Caribbean & The Americas Gala Ceremony.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...