JetBlue Launches Flights Between Florida and Jamaica
JetBlue has announced that it will be offering new flights for Jamaica holidays as it expands its service. The airline will commence non-stop flights between Fort Lauderdale in Florida and the Caribbean island's capital, Kingston in April 2012.
Following the success of the direct service between New York and Jamaica since its launch in 2009, JetBlue Airways has announced that it will be launching a non-stop service between Fort Lauderdale in Florida and Kingston, Jamaica next spring.
The new service will commence in April 2012 and will provide two daily flights to Jamaica for travellers from the United States taking Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica’s Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said: “I welcome JetBlue’s expanded service from New York to Kingston which is set to begin next April. The decision by the airline to increase its flights sends a strong signal to the world which points to Jamaica’s stability for investment in the tourism trade.
“JetBlue is by far the fastest growing airline in Jamaica, as at the end of its first year in operation locally it secured 2 per cent of the market. Last year it held 6 per cent of the local market and is now trending to 10 per cent of market-share.”
In May 2009, JetBlue launched their first Jamaica flights from JFK International Airport in New York to Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. Later that year, the air carrier expanded the service and launched a new route from New York to Kingston, Jamaica.
Image by: Rising Sun 2010, on Flickr
Travellers will now have more choices when it comes to booking flights for Jamaica holidays from the United States and the Caribbean island is expecting a significant increase in international visitors during the 2011/2012 winter season.
Bartlett explained: “JetBlue’s expansion in Jamaica puts our country in good stead to have a robust summer in 2012. We are already anticipating a strong 2011/2012 winter tourist season with some 1,044,137 air seats already secured, which represents a 5.6 per cent increase over 2010, and a 4.7 per cent increase over the 2011 winter season.”
The tourism minister added that the number of tourists taking holidays to Jamaica via cruise ships this winter is expected to reach 583,186; a staggering 48.4 per cent increase on the same period last year. The total number of holidaymakers expected to visit Jamaica over the forthcoming winter months is approximately 1.352 million.
Image by: Pat Mulrooney, on Flickr
“JetBlue is making it easier than ever for travellers from key markets such as the US to access Jamaica and I commend them for providing this valuable service which is vital to maintaining our strong position in the US market.” Bartlett concluded.
Jamaica is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular destinations for luxury holidays. The tropical island was honoured at this year’s World Travel Awards as the “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” and several Jamaica hotels also received prestigious recognitions at the 2011 WTA Caribbean & The Americas Gala Ceremony.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...