Kempinski to Focus on Africa Hotels
The luxury European hotel chain, Kempinski, has announced that it will be focusing its time on its expansions in Africa. The company will be offering luxury Africa holidays for travellers heading to Accra in Ghana, Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria and Morocco.
Kempinski, the luxury European hotel chain, has focused its attention on its expansion plans across Africa, according to the hotel group’s company’s Middle East and Africa President, Ulrich Eckhardt.
The group has recently opened a hotel in N’Djamena in Chad, and a property in Accra, Ghana will be opening shortly to provide luxury accommodation for tourists taking Africa holidays in that region.
Construction work has already started on properties in Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria, and two Morocco hotels are also in the pipeline.
Mr Eckhardt said: “We are heavily engaged in Africa and Africa is our main focus.”
“We also have interests in the Central African Republic, in Angola, in Cameroon. We have a project going in Rwanda; we are very actively involved in Namibia.
“On the east coast moving forwards, Madagascar, Mauritius, we are looking at all the islands.”
Image by: seanmm, on Flickr
Established in 1897, Kempinski is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The company now operates more than 60 luxury resorts, business and spa hotels across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa in major cities including London, Geneva, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, Moscow, Prague, Istanbul, Budapest, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Delhi, Beijing, and Bangkok.
Kempinski properties are renowned for providing five-star service and unique offerings to global travellers, whether they are visiting for business or leisure.
Mr Eckhardt explained that Kempinski is keen to offer Africa holidays that differ from existing hotel operators on the continent.
“We want to have a clear differentiated brand awareness for Kempinski in Africa from all the other brands, There are of course the old timers, Hilton and InterContinental, but they’re all out, on the way out, and Kempinski is the new kid on the block,” Eckhardt said.
Image by: antoine_lattouf, on Flickr
“It gives us a great advantage. We are completely and literally virgin to the old ailments of our competitors because they’re regarded as being part of the exploiting machine of the past so that gives us a lot of advantages.”
The regional president added that many other hotel groups are looking to develop Africa hotels and competition is fierce.
“Everybody else is there and everybody else is becoming really aware, when you look at statistics and data it’s unbelievable, everybody seems to have woken up to Africa. It’s not easy to build a hotel there and it’s not easy to operate, if you want to do a good job,” he added.
Several new Kempinski properties are scheduled to open in Europe next year in destinations including Vienna, Jurmala, Moscow, Tbilisi and Belgrade.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...