Kempinski to Focus on Africa Hotels
The luxury European hotel chain, Kempinski, has announced that it will be focusing its time on its expansions in Africa. The company will be offering luxury Africa holidays for travellers heading to Accra in Ghana, Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria and Morocco.
Kempinski, the luxury European hotel chain, has focused its attention on its expansion plans across Africa, according to the hotel group’s company’s Middle East and Africa President, Ulrich Eckhardt.
The group has recently opened a hotel in N’Djamena in Chad, and a property in Accra, Ghana will be opening shortly to provide luxury accommodation for tourists taking Africa holidays in that region.
Construction work has already started on properties in Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria, and two Morocco hotels are also in the pipeline.
Mr Eckhardt said: “We are heavily engaged in Africa and Africa is our main focus.”
“We also have interests in the Central African Republic, in Angola, in Cameroon. We have a project going in Rwanda; we are very actively involved in Namibia.
“On the east coast moving forwards, Madagascar, Mauritius, we are looking at all the islands.”
Image by: seanmm, on Flickr
Established in 1897, Kempinski is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The company now operates more than 60 luxury resorts, business and spa hotels across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa in major cities including London, Geneva, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, Moscow, Prague, Istanbul, Budapest, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Delhi, Beijing, and Bangkok.
Kempinski properties are renowned for providing five-star service and unique offerings to global travellers, whether they are visiting for business or leisure.
Mr Eckhardt explained that Kempinski is keen to offer Africa holidays that differ from existing hotel operators on the continent.
“We want to have a clear differentiated brand awareness for Kempinski in Africa from all the other brands, There are of course the old timers, Hilton and InterContinental, but they’re all out, on the way out, and Kempinski is the new kid on the block,” Eckhardt said.
Image by: antoine_lattouf, on Flickr
“It gives us a great advantage. We are completely and literally virgin to the old ailments of our competitors because they’re regarded as being part of the exploiting machine of the past so that gives us a lot of advantages.”
The regional president added that many other hotel groups are looking to develop Africa hotels and competition is fierce.
“Everybody else is there and everybody else is becoming really aware, when you look at statistics and data it’s unbelievable, everybody seems to have woken up to Africa. It’s not easy to build a hotel there and it’s not easy to operate, if you want to do a good job,” he added.
Several new Kempinski properties are scheduled to open in Europe next year in destinations including Vienna, Jurmala, Moscow, Tbilisi and Belgrade.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...