Kempinski to Focus on Africa Hotels
The luxury European hotel chain, Kempinski, has announced that it will be focusing its time on its expansions in Africa. The company will be offering luxury Africa holidays for travellers heading to Accra in Ghana, Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria and Morocco.
Kempinski, the luxury European hotel chain, has focused its attention on its expansion plans across Africa, according to the hotel group’s company’s Middle East and Africa President, Ulrich Eckhardt.
The group has recently opened a hotel in N’Djamena in Chad, and a property in Accra, Ghana will be opening shortly to provide luxury accommodation for tourists taking Africa holidays in that region.
Construction work has already started on properties in Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria, and two Morocco hotels are also in the pipeline.
Mr Eckhardt said: “We are heavily engaged in Africa and Africa is our main focus.”
“We also have interests in the Central African Republic, in Angola, in Cameroon. We have a project going in Rwanda; we are very actively involved in Namibia.
“On the east coast moving forwards, Madagascar, Mauritius, we are looking at all the islands.”
Image by: seanmm, on Flickr
Established in 1897, Kempinski is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The company now operates more than 60 luxury resorts, business and spa hotels across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa in major cities including London, Geneva, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, Moscow, Prague, Istanbul, Budapest, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Delhi, Beijing, and Bangkok.
Kempinski properties are renowned for providing five-star service and unique offerings to global travellers, whether they are visiting for business or leisure.
Mr Eckhardt explained that Kempinski is keen to offer Africa holidays that differ from existing hotel operators on the continent.
“We want to have a clear differentiated brand awareness for Kempinski in Africa from all the other brands, There are of course the old timers, Hilton and InterContinental, but they’re all out, on the way out, and Kempinski is the new kid on the block,” Eckhardt said.
Image by: antoine_lattouf, on Flickr
“It gives us a great advantage. We are completely and literally virgin to the old ailments of our competitors because they’re regarded as being part of the exploiting machine of the past so that gives us a lot of advantages.”
The regional president added that many other hotel groups are looking to develop Africa hotels and competition is fierce.
“Everybody else is there and everybody else is becoming really aware, when you look at statistics and data it’s unbelievable, everybody seems to have woken up to Africa. It’s not easy to build a hotel there and it’s not easy to operate, if you want to do a good job,” he added.
Several new Kempinski properties are scheduled to open in Europe next year in destinations including Vienna, Jurmala, Moscow, Tbilisi and Belgrade.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...