Kempinski to Focus on Africa Hotels
The luxury European hotel chain, Kempinski, has announced that it will be focusing its time on its expansions in Africa. The company will be offering luxury Africa holidays for travellers heading to Accra in Ghana, Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria and Morocco.
Kempinski, the luxury European hotel chain, has focused its attention on its expansion plans across Africa, according to the hotel group’s company’s Middle East and Africa President, Ulrich Eckhardt.
The group has recently opened a hotel in N’Djamena in Chad, and a property in Accra, Ghana will be opening shortly to provide luxury accommodation for tourists taking Africa holidays in that region.
Construction work has already started on properties in Abuja and Lagos in Nigeria, and two Morocco hotels are also in the pipeline.
Mr Eckhardt said: “We are heavily engaged in Africa and Africa is our main focus.”
“We also have interests in the Central African Republic, in Angola, in Cameroon. We have a project going in Rwanda; we are very actively involved in Namibia.
“On the east coast moving forwards, Madagascar, Mauritius, we are looking at all the islands.”
Image by: seanmm, on Flickr
Established in 1897, Kempinski is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. The company now operates more than 60 luxury resorts, business and spa hotels across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa in major cities including London, Geneva, Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, Moscow, Prague, Istanbul, Budapest, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Delhi, Beijing, and Bangkok.
Kempinski properties are renowned for providing five-star service and unique offerings to global travellers, whether they are visiting for business or leisure.
Mr Eckhardt explained that Kempinski is keen to offer Africa holidays that differ from existing hotel operators on the continent.
“We want to have a clear differentiated brand awareness for Kempinski in Africa from all the other brands, There are of course the old timers, Hilton and InterContinental, but they’re all out, on the way out, and Kempinski is the new kid on the block,” Eckhardt said.
Image by: antoine_lattouf, on Flickr
“It gives us a great advantage. We are completely and literally virgin to the old ailments of our competitors because they’re regarded as being part of the exploiting machine of the past so that gives us a lot of advantages.”
The regional president added that many other hotel groups are looking to develop Africa hotels and competition is fierce.
“Everybody else is there and everybody else is becoming really aware, when you look at statistics and data it’s unbelievable, everybody seems to have woken up to Africa. It’s not easy to build a hotel there and it’s not easy to operate, if you want to do a good job,” he added.
Several new Kempinski properties are scheduled to open in Europe next year in destinations including Vienna, Jurmala, Moscow, Tbilisi and Belgrade.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...