New Executive Director Joins Seychelles Hospitality and Tourism Association
Raymond St. Ange has been announced as the new the Executive Director of the Seychelles Hospitality and Tourism Association (SHTA). The association works alongside the Seychelles Tourism Board to promote Seychelles holidays across the world.
The Seychelles Hospitality and Tourism Association (SHTA) has appointed Raymond St. Ange as the new Executive Director.
Mr St.Ange begins his role during a crucial time as the SHTA and Indian Ocean island nation intensifies its efforts to promote the destination to the world and encourage more travellers to book Seychelles holidays.
The new Executive Director is a Seychellois national and has held several managerial positions on the island, in West Africa and in the United States. Mr St.Ange has worked for a franchise group that operates under the Wyndham brand; as a writer and project manager for "TODAY in Seychelles" newspaper; and as the director of a U.S travel and promotions company and security consultancy firm.
Mr St.Ange stated: “I look forward to this challenge and will aim to represent both the SHTA and Seychelles in general. My main focus will be to add a vibrant and energetic impetus to what we do here every day at the SHTA and to champion our Creole hospitality at every opportunity.”
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The Seychelles Hospitality and Tourism Association was established in 2002 to accommodate the merge of the Seychelles Hotel Association and the Seychelles Hotel and Guesthouse Association. The SHTA has 150 members and the association focuses on updating these members on the latest developments in the hospitality industry, organising regular meetings and networking events. The organisation provides access to a library which contains information on legislations, tourism policies and statistics to ensure that members are equipped with the essentials in order to provide luxury Seychelles holidays.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, over 900 miles east of Madagascar, the Seychelles is made up of 115 beautiful islands.
Image by: travelourplanet.com, on Flickr
The country is famous for its breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand, palm-fringe beaches, crystal-clear turquoise ocean waters and lagoons and lush green forests. During holidays to the Seychelles, tourists can swim beneath the surface of the ocean and discover the colourful coral reefs and gardens; go island hopping on a boat; trek through thriving nature parks; explore historical sites and monuments; play golf on oceanfront courses; and indulge in luxury spas.
Tourist can choose from a wide range of accommodation on the islands, from upscale beachfront resorts and Seychelles hotels, water villas, beach bungalows, and B&Bs, to exclusive island retreats, self-catering apartments and chalets.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Enjoy the exquisit food an amazing service to match at doubletree by hilton seychelles allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...