St Lucia inaugurates their very first Health and Wellness Retreat
Soufriere, the southern town of St Lucia jus became the host of the very first St Lucia Health and Wellness Retreat. This new holistic approach to St Lucia holidays will help the island integrate itself more in a fast-growing sector of the travel market.
St Lucia, the Caribbean island that's so popular with honeymooners and romantic getaways, is keeping up with the international travel market by taking new holistic approaches in the area of health and wellbeing in order to attract more travellers to the island. For this purpose, the southern town of Soufriere is now hosting the very first St Lucia Health and Wellness Retreat, bringing tourists on St Lucia holidays a wonderful option for relaxation and pampering.
This workshop, which lasted four days, opened last week on Thursday and was supported by the Soufriere Regional Development Foundation and the St Lucia Tourist Board. It also attracted some of the leading lifestyle authorities in the world for a weekend of relaxation with yoga, feng shui and personal development with natural healing therapies.
Allen Chastanet, St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Senator warmly welcomed guests, locals and international media to the retreat’s opening. He insisted that this branch of tourism would offer visitors only the best experience during relaxing and invigorating St Lucia holidays. “Wellness tourism is about healthy lifestyles, and Saint Lucia with our natural and therapeutic attractions is naturally positioned to offer travellers a taste of Eden in the Caribbean,” he said.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
John Schumacher, a globally recognised Iyengar yoga instructor, led daily yoga workshops in the peaceful surroundings of the Jalousie Plantation, a beautiful resort situated between St Lucia’s iconic Pitons peaks, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Many important personalities shared their views in the opening of this brand new retreat. Dr Stephen Brewer, celebrated author of the “Everest Principle”, taught a two-part seminar on “The Path to Optimal Wellness” while William Spear, Feng shui expert, held sessions on Eastern art’s decisive role in vital design, health and inner wellness.
Image by: exfordy, on Flickr
Joan Spear, William’s wife, presented and debated a wide array of environmental topics inspired by her sensitivity and passion for non-harming and natural approaches to personal health. Mrs. Spear is also a facilitator for the “Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream” symposium. Meanwhile, Caribbean photographer, Danielle Devaux and St Lucian artists, Luigi St Omer and Michelle Elliot-Rebo also participated as speakers in the event.
St Lucia's health and wellness programme offers visitors a chance to enjoy themselves and learn something new during their holidays in St Lucia. Travellers can revel in daily culinary demonstrations taught by foremost St Lucian and visiting chefs, a catalogue of workshops in photography, pottery deign and painting, and a list of activities in Soufriere, including hiking, mountain biking, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...