St Lucia inaugurates their very first Health and Wellness Retreat
Soufriere, the southern town of St Lucia jus became the host of the very first St Lucia Health and Wellness Retreat. This new holistic approach to St Lucia holidays will help the island integrate itself more in a fast-growing sector of the travel market.
St Lucia, the Caribbean island that's so popular with honeymooners and romantic getaways, is keeping up with the international travel market by taking new holistic approaches in the area of health and wellbeing in order to attract more travellers to the island. For this purpose, the southern town of Soufriere is now hosting the very first St Lucia Health and Wellness Retreat, bringing tourists on St Lucia holidays a wonderful option for relaxation and pampering.
This workshop, which lasted four days, opened last week on Thursday and was supported by the Soufriere Regional Development Foundation and the St Lucia Tourist Board. It also attracted some of the leading lifestyle authorities in the world for a weekend of relaxation with yoga, feng shui and personal development with natural healing therapies.
Allen Chastanet, St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Senator warmly welcomed guests, locals and international media to the retreat’s opening. He insisted that this branch of tourism would offer visitors only the best experience during relaxing and invigorating St Lucia holidays. “Wellness tourism is about healthy lifestyles, and Saint Lucia with our natural and therapeutic attractions is naturally positioned to offer travellers a taste of Eden in the Caribbean,” he said.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
John Schumacher, a globally recognised Iyengar yoga instructor, led daily yoga workshops in the peaceful surroundings of the Jalousie Plantation, a beautiful resort situated between St Lucia’s iconic Pitons peaks, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Many important personalities shared their views in the opening of this brand new retreat. Dr Stephen Brewer, celebrated author of the “Everest Principle”, taught a two-part seminar on “The Path to Optimal Wellness” while William Spear, Feng shui expert, held sessions on Eastern art’s decisive role in vital design, health and inner wellness.
Image by: exfordy, on Flickr
Joan Spear, William’s wife, presented and debated a wide array of environmental topics inspired by her sensitivity and passion for non-harming and natural approaches to personal health. Mrs. Spear is also a facilitator for the “Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream” symposium. Meanwhile, Caribbean photographer, Danielle Devaux and St Lucian artists, Luigi St Omer and Michelle Elliot-Rebo also participated as speakers in the event.
St Lucia's health and wellness programme offers visitors a chance to enjoy themselves and learn something new during their holidays in St Lucia. Travellers can revel in daily culinary demonstrations taught by foremost St Lucian and visiting chefs, a catalogue of workshops in photography, pottery deign and painting, and a list of activities in Soufriere, including hiking, mountain biking, snorkelling and scuba diving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...