Tourists planning Costa Rica holidays can now fly non-stop to Guanacaste on JetBlue Airways
U.S. based airline, JetBlue, recently announced the opening of the first and only direct service from New York to Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Located in north-western Costa Rica, the pristine region has become the new "it place" for Costa Rica holidays.
On 17th November 2011, JetBlue Airways announced the launch of a new route from JFK International airport to Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Guanacaste Liberia. The U.S. based airline will be offering four weekly non-stop flights to Liberia, making holidays to Guanacaste more readily accessible to potential customers from North America.
"Liberia is a world-class destination with a really diverse set of attractions…We'll be offering the only direct service from JFK and we're excited to make it easy for customers to get to the beautiful Pacific Coast of Costa Rica” said the airline's director of schedule planning, Dave Clark.
To celebrate, JetBlue has also announced a promotional fare of $119 for Costa Rica flights booked by December 1st 2011, valid for travel through to February 15th 2011.
Image by: planet viewer, on Flickr
Now with more direct flights from North America and Europe coupled with an announced $30 million dollar airport expansion project, the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica is quickly becoming the next hotspot for holidaymakers. Named after the national tree of Costa Rica, Guanacaste was once best known for its agricultural and livestock production; however, in recent times the region’s profile has changed a little after receiving a large influx of worldwide tourists. Guanacaste has made a significant contribution to the reported 7.8 per cent growth in the number of international arrivals to the Central American country, making the province the new hub for Costa Rica holidays.
During holidays in Guanacaste, travellers can expect to find tropical dry forests perfect for bird watching, winding rivers, spectacular beaches ideal for snorkelling, surfing and even horseback riding on the breathtaking shoreline. A chain of volcanoes forming the eastern borders of Guanacaste, are the ultimate location for those that enjoy hiking, while the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano area is particularly popular with eco adventure tourists.
Image by: Shaun McCullough, on Flickr
Costa Rica hotels are known for their exceptional hospitality and warm service and the hotels found in the Guanacaste province are no exception with over 90 per cent of luxury hotels in Costa Rica said to be located in Guanacaste. Most notably, the Latin province is home to the Four Seasons hotel, also known as the “King of the hotels in Guanacaste”. in the region of Papagayo the Four Seasons is Costa Rica’s only five star hotel, boasting two beaches, a championship 18 hole Arnold Palmer designed golf course, a luxury spa and three large pools.
Holidaysmakers planning their Costa Rica holidays may also be interested in JetBlue’s “catch a waive” offer where the standard $100 fee for checking in a surfboard will be waived between 17th November 2011 and 17th December 2011 on all JetBlue fights to any destination that accepts surfboards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...