flydubai Signs $20 million Maintenance Contract with Honeywell
Dubai's low cost airline, flydubai, has signed a ten-year Maintenance Cost Agreement with Honeywell. The deal is worth $20 million and the company will provide maintenance for the fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG used for flights to and from Dubai holidays.
A ten-year Maintenance Cost Agreement has been signed by flydubai and Honeywell worth more than $20 million.
The deal allows Honeywell to provide maintenance support for the low cost airline’s power units (APUs) that are installed on the fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG passenger aircraft which are used to take passengers to and from Dubai holidays.
The contract will help extend the operational availability of the fleet, which currently includes 20 aircraft, and another 30 Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft have been ordered to keep up with airline’s demand for affordable flights to Dubai.
The CEO of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said: "With one of the highest fleet utilisation rates in the industry, we need to ensure that our aircraft fully support the operations schedule and Honeywell's timely responses will safeguard this. This contract will also help flydubai maximise our operational efficiency to maintain our excellent performance record, while providing cost savings that we can pass onto passengers by way of lower fares."
Honeywell's 131-9B APU supplies auxiliary power to flydubai's fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft which is used for starting the aircraft’s engine, as well as the on-board air conditioning and pre-engine start-up power supply.
Honeywell will also provide flydubai with technical expertise from its regional engineers throughout the ten year period.
The President of Air Transport & Regional for Honeywell Aerospace, John Bolton, said. "As one of the region's leading low cost carriers, cost reduction and serviceability of fleets is of paramount importance to flydubai. Our Maintenance Cost Agreement will reduce costs arising from unscheduled APU maintenance and maximise the flight status of its Boeing 737-800 NG fleet in the process."
The airline is based at Dubai International Airport and was established by the Dubai Government in 2008. The airline provides low cost flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and offers connections so passengers can transfer to other destinations across the world. Passengers only pay for the service they wish to receive and fares include all taxes plus one piece of hand luggage and one small handbag or laptop bag.
Earlier this week, flydubai was names as the Low Cost Airline of the Year at the 2011 Aviation Business Awards. The airline also received an award for Technology Implementation of the Year and Personal Achievement of the Year for Flydubai CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith.
The carrier was praised for its efforts in providing high quality of service and facilities while committing to its offering of affordable travel for Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...