flydubai Signs $20 million Maintenance Contract with Honeywell
Dubai's low cost airline, flydubai, has signed a ten-year Maintenance Cost Agreement with Honeywell. The deal is worth $20 million and the company will provide maintenance for the fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG used for flights to and from Dubai holidays.
A ten-year Maintenance Cost Agreement has been signed by flydubai and Honeywell worth more than $20 million.
The deal allows Honeywell to provide maintenance support for the low cost airline’s power units (APUs) that are installed on the fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG passenger aircraft which are used to take passengers to and from Dubai holidays.
The contract will help extend the operational availability of the fleet, which currently includes 20 aircraft, and another 30 Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft have been ordered to keep up with airline’s demand for affordable flights to Dubai.
The CEO of flydubai, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said: "With one of the highest fleet utilisation rates in the industry, we need to ensure that our aircraft fully support the operations schedule and Honeywell's timely responses will safeguard this. This contract will also help flydubai maximise our operational efficiency to maintain our excellent performance record, while providing cost savings that we can pass onto passengers by way of lower fares."
Honeywell's 131-9B APU supplies auxiliary power to flydubai's fleet of Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft which is used for starting the aircraft’s engine, as well as the on-board air conditioning and pre-engine start-up power supply.
Honeywell will also provide flydubai with technical expertise from its regional engineers throughout the ten year period.
The President of Air Transport & Regional for Honeywell Aerospace, John Bolton, said. "As one of the region's leading low cost carriers, cost reduction and serviceability of fleets is of paramount importance to flydubai. Our Maintenance Cost Agreement will reduce costs arising from unscheduled APU maintenance and maximise the flight status of its Boeing 737-800 NG fleet in the process."
The airline is based at Dubai International Airport and was established by the Dubai Government in 2008. The airline provides low cost flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and offers connections so passengers can transfer to other destinations across the world. Passengers only pay for the service they wish to receive and fares include all taxes plus one piece of hand luggage and one small handbag or laptop bag.
Earlier this week, flydubai was names as the Low Cost Airline of the Year at the 2011 Aviation Business Awards. The airline also received an award for Technology Implementation of the Year and Personal Achievement of the Year for Flydubai CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith.
The carrier was praised for its efforts in providing high quality of service and facilities while committing to its offering of affordable travel for Dubai holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...