Seychelles President Creates New La Digue Trust Fund
James Michel, the Seychelles President, has created the La Digue Trust Fund, a funding body which will help raise money for projects that will encourage tourists to take Seychelles holidays to the beautiful Indian Ocean island.
A new funding body has been introduced to La Digue island in the Seychelles in order to help raise money towards developments and projects that will attract more visitors to the island.
The La Digue Trust Fund has been created by the Seychelles President, James Michel, and will be chaired by Lise Bastienne, the Principal Secretary for Presidential Affairs.
With the help of six other board members and for the duration of a three-year period, the organisation will be considering applications for the funding assistance of development projects, and participating in activities that will help generate revenue for the fund. The projects and developments are aimed at enticing more travellers to take Seychelles holidays to La Digue.
President Michel explained: "La Digue has great potential for development for socio-cultural and socio-economic activities, and the new fund will speed up the funding process, as well as act as a financial accountability and support mechanism for the La Digue Development Board and the L'Union Estate Board.”
The La Digue Trust Fund will be partly financed from the profits of L'Union Estate and government and private sector investments, as well as money raised through fundraising efforts.
The La Digue Development Board will also have to submit proposed projects to the trust fund for consideration.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
Located east of Praslin, La Digue is the fourth largest inhabited island in the Seychelles. The idyllic island boasts beautiful white sand beaches, including the famous Anse Source D’Argent with its huge unique granite boulders. The island is surrounded by sparkling azure crystal-clear waters and lush tropical forests.
Whether visitors head to La Digue to enjoy Seychelles holidays, honeymoons, or weddings, the island offers spectacular natural surroundings for a relaxing and tranquil experience.
Scuba divers and snorkelers will be in paradise thanks to the warm waters that fringe the island. The surrounding ocean is teeming with vibrant coral reefs and marine species including turtles, butterfly fish and angel fish, soldier fish, squirrel fish, octopus, spiny lobster, yellow rubber lipped sweetlips and grey reef, silver tip, and nurse sharks.
Image by: Tianzhan, on Flickr
La Digue has several luxury Seychelles hotels offering deluxe accommodation, fine local and international cuisine and pampering spa treatments.
During holidays to the Seychelles, tourists staying in La Digue can relax on the soft sandy beaches, go fishing, take a boat trip to the neighbouring island of Praslin, hike through the lush forests, or climb to the top of the island’s mountain and admire the panoramic views overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...