Seychelles President Creates New La Digue Trust Fund
James Michel, the Seychelles President, has created the La Digue Trust Fund, a funding body which will help raise money for projects that will encourage tourists to take Seychelles holidays to the beautiful Indian Ocean island.
A new funding body has been introduced to La Digue island in the Seychelles in order to help raise money towards developments and projects that will attract more visitors to the island.
The La Digue Trust Fund has been created by the Seychelles President, James Michel, and will be chaired by Lise Bastienne, the Principal Secretary for Presidential Affairs.
With the help of six other board members and for the duration of a three-year period, the organisation will be considering applications for the funding assistance of development projects, and participating in activities that will help generate revenue for the fund. The projects and developments are aimed at enticing more travellers to take Seychelles holidays to La Digue.
President Michel explained: "La Digue has great potential for development for socio-cultural and socio-economic activities, and the new fund will speed up the funding process, as well as act as a financial accountability and support mechanism for the La Digue Development Board and the L'Union Estate Board.”
The La Digue Trust Fund will be partly financed from the profits of L'Union Estate and government and private sector investments, as well as money raised through fundraising efforts.
The La Digue Development Board will also have to submit proposed projects to the trust fund for consideration.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
Located east of Praslin, La Digue is the fourth largest inhabited island in the Seychelles. The idyllic island boasts beautiful white sand beaches, including the famous Anse Source D’Argent with its huge unique granite boulders. The island is surrounded by sparkling azure crystal-clear waters and lush tropical forests.
Whether visitors head to La Digue to enjoy Seychelles holidays, honeymoons, or weddings, the island offers spectacular natural surroundings for a relaxing and tranquil experience.
Scuba divers and snorkelers will be in paradise thanks to the warm waters that fringe the island. The surrounding ocean is teeming with vibrant coral reefs and marine species including turtles, butterfly fish and angel fish, soldier fish, squirrel fish, octopus, spiny lobster, yellow rubber lipped sweetlips and grey reef, silver tip, and nurse sharks.
Image by: Tianzhan, on Flickr
La Digue has several luxury Seychelles hotels offering deluxe accommodation, fine local and international cuisine and pampering spa treatments.
During holidays to the Seychelles, tourists staying in La Digue can relax on the soft sandy beaches, go fishing, take a boat trip to the neighbouring island of Praslin, hike through the lush forests, or climb to the top of the island’s mountain and admire the panoramic views overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Located right by the sparkling blue waters of the Indian Ocean, the Savoy offers a unique intimate and welcoming atmosphere with something for all
- Luxurious onsite Spa features 9 treatment rooms, an additional adults-only pool, yoga pavilion and two saunas
- Free upgrade from Bed& Breakfast to Half Board
- Enjoy fine dining experiences at the hotel’s 3 superb restaurants , Grand Savoy for international cuisine , Pescado fine dining and The Gecko Beach Bar ideal for a casual lunch and great cocktails with live entertainment
- An amazing Kids Club for young guest aged 4 to 12, where they can have endless fun, socialise and play a variety of games
- Exclusively 15% discount on any SPA treatments in the hotel
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Located on the main island of Mahe in the Seychelles, the DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Seychelles Allamanda...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....