Oman Air Signs Dreamliner Deal With Boeing
Oman's flagship carrier, Oman Air has announced a signing with Boeing for the delivery of six Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners. The leased aircraft will be used to transport passengers from all over the world to and from their Oman holidays and business trips.
During the Dubai Air Show this week, Oman Air announced that it had signed an agreement with Boeing and Kuwait-based leasing company ALAFCO, to order six Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners.
Oman Air’s new state-of-the-art aircraft will be used on routes across the world taking passengers to and from their Oman holidays.
Peter Hill, the chief executive officer of Oman Air, explained: “Our decision to order the 787-8 is part of Oman Air’s long-term growth strategy to expand and modernise our fleet with newer, more fuel-efficient airplanes.
“We see direct benefits because of the Dreamliner’s fuel efficiency and operating economics as well as the enhanced travel experience that Oman Air will be able to offer its customers aboard this airplane.”
During flights to Oman, passengers will be able to enjoy a modern interior, larger windows, and an advanced cabin air-conditioning system that will provides better air quality during the journey.
The Boeing 787 uses 20 per cent less fuel than other similarly sized airplanes and the aircraft features a collection of new technologies including advanced composite materials, aerodynamics and engines and in-flight systems.
Travellers can take Oman holidays from a selection of destinations across the world with Oman Air. The airline’s network includes direct international flights from the capital city of Muscat, to 41 destinations across the Gulf, Middle East, Europe, East Africa and Asia.
Image by: xiquinhosilva, on Flickr
The Vice President of Sales for Middle East, Russia and Central Asia for Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Marty Bentrott, commented: “Boeing and Oman Air share a decade-long partnership and we look forward to opening a new chapter together with the 787 Dreamliner.
“We see the 787 as a perfect complement to Oman Air’s growing fleet, which will enable them to serve new destinations and enhance customer experience with the world’s most advanced passenger jet.”
Oman Air is celebrating a successful year after it introduced new destinations to its portfolio and the airline was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following a recent extensive audit.
Skytrax is recognised all over the world as a leading independent authority on airline quality and assessment and awarded Oman Air a three-star ranking a few years ago.
The carrier recently launched a new holiday brand in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies that will see more visitors staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s attractions and historical sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...