Armani Focuses on Morocco and Egypt Hotels
Armani Hotels and Resorts has continued with plans to open new resorts in Egypt and Morocco despite the political unrest in North Africa. The luxury hotel brand is currently building two upscale resorts for signature Morocco and Egypt holidays by Armani.
Armani Hotels and Resorts is planning to continue with the development of its new properties in Morocco and Egypt despite the recent political unrest across North Africa.
The hotel group is planning to develop its high-end brand of hospitality services with Dubai’s Emaar Properties in order to offer luxury Egypt and Morocco holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The political turmoil forced developers to reassess plans across North Africa and many developments have been put on hold until the region indicates signs of stability.
However, two projects that are going ahead as planned include an Armani villa project in Marassi, Egypt and an Armani resort in Marrakech which will offer luxurious facilities and guest rooms for tourists seeking a superior level of high end accommodation when planning holidays to Morocco and luxury Egypt holidays for leisure and business travellers alike.
Giorgio Armani, who formed the prestigious fashion company in 1975, said: "They're already under development and will take something like two to three years."
Armani Hotels and Resorts is a joint venture that was established over six years ago between Emaar Properties and the fashion designer, Armani. The hospitality brand is planning to open seven hotels and three resorts over a ten year period.
"Those projects are still in the pipeline, and they will come over time, but we decided to focus on other projects which were more advanced in their development," Mr Armani said.
These projects include the new Morocco and Egypt hotels that are being designed to reflect the local culture of each country.
Mt Armani added: "These are two major and quite large resorts which we'll build with respect for the natural environment and surrounding places."
Image by: turtle5001tw, on Flickr
The Marassi resort is being developed on the Mediterranean coast and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Egypt holidays, including a marina and a golf course.
Armani Hotels and Resorts celebrated the recent opening of the Armani Hotel Milano last week with a party that was attended by celebrities including Jessica Alba and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
The Armani Hotel Milano is the company’s second property to open following the launch of its first hotel, Armani Hotel Dubai in Burj Khalifa, last year.
Speaking about the differences between designing a fashion label and a hotel brand, Mr Armani said: "The main challenge is to create something [timeless]. A hotel is of course very different from fashion, where you can have a new collection every six months."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...