Armani Focuses on Morocco and Egypt Hotels
Armani Hotels and Resorts has continued with plans to open new resorts in Egypt and Morocco despite the political unrest in North Africa. The luxury hotel brand is currently building two upscale resorts for signature Morocco and Egypt holidays by Armani.
Armani Hotels and Resorts is planning to continue with the development of its new properties in Morocco and Egypt despite the recent political unrest across North Africa.
The hotel group is planning to develop its high-end brand of hospitality services with Dubai’s Emaar Properties in order to offer luxury Egypt and Morocco holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The political turmoil forced developers to reassess plans across North Africa and many developments have been put on hold until the region indicates signs of stability.
However, two projects that are going ahead as planned include an Armani villa project in Marassi, Egypt and an Armani resort in Marrakech which will offer luxurious facilities and guest rooms for tourists seeking a superior level of high end accommodation when planning holidays to Morocco and luxury Egypt holidays for leisure and business travellers alike.
Giorgio Armani, who formed the prestigious fashion company in 1975, said: "They're already under development and will take something like two to three years."
Armani Hotels and Resorts is a joint venture that was established over six years ago between Emaar Properties and the fashion designer, Armani. The hospitality brand is planning to open seven hotels and three resorts over a ten year period.
"Those projects are still in the pipeline, and they will come over time, but we decided to focus on other projects which were more advanced in their development," Mr Armani said.
These projects include the new Morocco and Egypt hotels that are being designed to reflect the local culture of each country.
Mt Armani added: "These are two major and quite large resorts which we'll build with respect for the natural environment and surrounding places."
Image by: turtle5001tw, on Flickr
The Marassi resort is being developed on the Mediterranean coast and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Egypt holidays, including a marina and a golf course.
Armani Hotels and Resorts celebrated the recent opening of the Armani Hotel Milano last week with a party that was attended by celebrities including Jessica Alba and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
The Armani Hotel Milano is the company’s second property to open following the launch of its first hotel, Armani Hotel Dubai in Burj Khalifa, last year.
Speaking about the differences between designing a fashion label and a hotel brand, Mr Armani said: "The main challenge is to create something [timeless]. A hotel is of course very different from fashion, where you can have a new collection every six months."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...