Armani Focuses on Morocco and Egypt Hotels
Armani Hotels and Resorts has continued with plans to open new resorts in Egypt and Morocco despite the political unrest in North Africa. The luxury hotel brand is currently building two upscale resorts for signature Morocco and Egypt holidays by Armani.
Armani Hotels and Resorts is planning to continue with the development of its new properties in Morocco and Egypt despite the recent political unrest across North Africa.
The hotel group is planning to develop its high-end brand of hospitality services with Dubai’s Emaar Properties in order to offer luxury Egypt and Morocco holidays for travellers from all over the world.
The political turmoil forced developers to reassess plans across North Africa and many developments have been put on hold until the region indicates signs of stability.
However, two projects that are going ahead as planned include an Armani villa project in Marassi, Egypt and an Armani resort in Marrakech which will offer luxurious facilities and guest rooms for tourists seeking a superior level of high end accommodation when planning holidays to Morocco and luxury Egypt holidays for leisure and business travellers alike.
Giorgio Armani, who formed the prestigious fashion company in 1975, said: "They're already under development and will take something like two to three years."
Armani Hotels and Resorts is a joint venture that was established over six years ago between Emaar Properties and the fashion designer, Armani. The hospitality brand is planning to open seven hotels and three resorts over a ten year period.
"Those projects are still in the pipeline, and they will come over time, but we decided to focus on other projects which were more advanced in their development," Mr Armani said.
These projects include the new Morocco and Egypt hotels that are being designed to reflect the local culture of each country.
Mt Armani added: "These are two major and quite large resorts which we'll build with respect for the natural environment and surrounding places."
Image by: turtle5001tw, on Flickr
The Marassi resort is being developed on the Mediterranean coast and will provide luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Egypt holidays, including a marina and a golf course.
Armani Hotels and Resorts celebrated the recent opening of the Armani Hotel Milano last week with a party that was attended by celebrities including Jessica Alba and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
The Armani Hotel Milano is the company’s second property to open following the launch of its first hotel, Armani Hotel Dubai in Burj Khalifa, last year.
Speaking about the differences between designing a fashion label and a hotel brand, Mr Armani said: "The main challenge is to create something [timeless]. A hotel is of course very different from fashion, where you can have a new collection every six months."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...