Virgin Atlantic Launches Flight Status Information via Twitter
Travellers' heading off to their Caribbean holidays aboard Virgin Atlantic flights will now be able to check the flight arrival and departure statuses through their Twitter accounts as the airline launches the brand new "tweet bot" service.
Virgin Atlantic has launched a brand new service that will allow passengers to check the status of flights arrivals and departures via Twitter.
The new “tweet bot” @VAAInfo service will be available to travellers with Twitter accounts and is the first of its kind to be launched by an airline company. The service allows customers to make a query about a flight and within seconds they will receive tweets back providing real time information about flight arrival and departures.
Tourists can check the status of flights taking them to their Caribbean holidays, business trips to New York, or honeymoons in South Africa. The status of return flights can be checked while travellers are abroad in Caribbean hotels and resorts for example, and it is a great service for people who are on the go, such as business travellers.
Fergus Boyd, the Head of E-commerce, said: “We now have over 50,000 Twitter followers worldwide and we know that many of them use the social network to keep abreast of travel news and updates.
“We are finding that many travellers are using the tool simply to confirm when their flight departs and others to check details when picking up friends and family from the airport.”
The service is also available for passengers to use while in the air during flights to the Caribbean (as Virgin Atlantic offers flights to as many as 8 destinations in the Caribbean alone) or other exotic destinations that the airline offers services to. This enables travellers to check on connecting flights, while family and friends can check the status of flights at home to save waiting around at airports.
Boyd added: “This service, although used by many on a day to day basis, will really come into its own during times of disruption when we get high peaks of customer queries, many of which are simply asking for an update on the status of their flight.”
Virgin Atlantic operates flights to destinations across the world including New York, Miami, Chicago, Las Vegas, Orlando, Los Angeles, Washington and Boston in the United States; Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa; Dubai in the United Arab Emirates; Sydney in Australia; Shanghai in China; Tokyo in Japan; Hong Kong; Manchester, Glasgow and London in the United Kingdom; and St Lucia, Barbados, Jamaica, Antigua, Tobago, Grenada in the Caribbean.
Whether passengers are taking romantic Caribbean holidays, business trips to Shanghai, or a city break to the United States, the new service will provide regular up-to-the-minute status updates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...