Etihad Airways' New Seychelles Flights Welcomed by President Michel
The President of the Seychelles has welcomed a new Abu Dhabi-Seychelles route recently launched by Etihad Airways. The airline will be operating four weekly flights to take passengers to Seychelles holidays from the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
President James Michel has welcomed a new route launched by Etihad Airways that will provide four weekly flights from Abu Dhabi to the Seychelles.
The first flight landed on Mahe Island last Wednesday, bringing a large bunch of Abu Dhabi tourists to their exotic Seychelles holidays.
President Michel said: “The Etihad Airways route will strengthen the excellent ties of friendship between Seychelles and Abu Dhabi and give greater value and choice for the tourism travel products that are available for travellers wishing to experience the Seychelles brand. Etihad Airways is a first-class airline and indeed was awarded the title of the World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Market last year. So I am sure that Seychellois, as well as foreign visitors, will enjoy their flying experience.”
Image by: travelourplanet.com, on Flickr
The President thanked the United Arab Emirates for providing a new route for both travellers planning Seychelles holidays and trade sectors.
He added: “Seychelles will also benefit from the air links that Etihad Airways offers to other destinations around the world, and increase the number of visitors from the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, as well as the traditional European markets. This is in line with the Seychelles Tourism Board marketing strategy to diversify and aim at a more global reach rather than our traditional European markets. I wish the Etihad Airways venture every success.”
Tourists will be able to choose from four weekly flights to the Seychelles in a two-class Airbus A320 aircraft.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, explained: “The ties between Abu Dhabi and the Seychelles are already strong, and with this new route, Etihad Airways can help to make that relationship stronger.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
“The Seychelles has long been a favourite destination among discerning leisure travellers, and global interest in the destination has been building in recent years, particularly following the much-publicised Royal Honeymoon.”
Earlier this year, Prince William and his new bride Kate celebrated their honeymoon in the Seychelles where they enjoyed the island nation’s pristine white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, rolling green hills, lush green rainforests and luxurious accommodation including beach and water villas and spa resorts.
Since the Royal visit, there has been a significant rise in the number of international tourists booking holidays to the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...