Etihad Airways' New Seychelles Flights Welcomed by President Michel
The President of the Seychelles has welcomed a new Abu Dhabi-Seychelles route recently launched by Etihad Airways. The airline will be operating four weekly flights to take passengers to Seychelles holidays from the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
President James Michel has welcomed a new route launched by Etihad Airways that will provide four weekly flights from Abu Dhabi to the Seychelles.
The first flight landed on Mahe Island last Wednesday, bringing a large bunch of Abu Dhabi tourists to their exotic Seychelles holidays.
President Michel said: “The Etihad Airways route will strengthen the excellent ties of friendship between Seychelles and Abu Dhabi and give greater value and choice for the tourism travel products that are available for travellers wishing to experience the Seychelles brand. Etihad Airways is a first-class airline and indeed was awarded the title of the World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Market last year. So I am sure that Seychellois, as well as foreign visitors, will enjoy their flying experience.”
Image by: travelourplanet.com, on Flickr
The President thanked the United Arab Emirates for providing a new route for both travellers planning Seychelles holidays and trade sectors.
He added: “Seychelles will also benefit from the air links that Etihad Airways offers to other destinations around the world, and increase the number of visitors from the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, as well as the traditional European markets. This is in line with the Seychelles Tourism Board marketing strategy to diversify and aim at a more global reach rather than our traditional European markets. I wish the Etihad Airways venture every success.”
Tourists will be able to choose from four weekly flights to the Seychelles in a two-class Airbus A320 aircraft.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, explained: “The ties between Abu Dhabi and the Seychelles are already strong, and with this new route, Etihad Airways can help to make that relationship stronger.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
“The Seychelles has long been a favourite destination among discerning leisure travellers, and global interest in the destination has been building in recent years, particularly following the much-publicised Royal Honeymoon.”
Earlier this year, Prince William and his new bride Kate celebrated their honeymoon in the Seychelles where they enjoyed the island nation’s pristine white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, rolling green hills, lush green rainforests and luxurious accommodation including beach and water villas and spa resorts.
Since the Royal visit, there has been a significant rise in the number of international tourists booking holidays to the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...