Etihad Airways' New Seychelles Flights Welcomed by President Michel
The President of the Seychelles has welcomed a new Abu Dhabi-Seychelles route recently launched by Etihad Airways. The airline will be operating four weekly flights to take passengers to Seychelles holidays from the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
President James Michel has welcomed a new route launched by Etihad Airways that will provide four weekly flights from Abu Dhabi to the Seychelles.
The first flight landed on Mahe Island last Wednesday, bringing a large bunch of Abu Dhabi tourists to their exotic Seychelles holidays.
President Michel said: “The Etihad Airways route will strengthen the excellent ties of friendship between Seychelles and Abu Dhabi and give greater value and choice for the tourism travel products that are available for travellers wishing to experience the Seychelles brand. Etihad Airways is a first-class airline and indeed was awarded the title of the World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Market last year. So I am sure that Seychellois, as well as foreign visitors, will enjoy their flying experience.”
Image by: travelourplanet.com, on Flickr
The President thanked the United Arab Emirates for providing a new route for both travellers planning Seychelles holidays and trade sectors.
He added: “Seychelles will also benefit from the air links that Etihad Airways offers to other destinations around the world, and increase the number of visitors from the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, as well as the traditional European markets. This is in line with the Seychelles Tourism Board marketing strategy to diversify and aim at a more global reach rather than our traditional European markets. I wish the Etihad Airways venture every success.”
Tourists will be able to choose from four weekly flights to the Seychelles in a two-class Airbus A320 aircraft.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, explained: “The ties between Abu Dhabi and the Seychelles are already strong, and with this new route, Etihad Airways can help to make that relationship stronger.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
“The Seychelles has long been a favourite destination among discerning leisure travellers, and global interest in the destination has been building in recent years, particularly following the much-publicised Royal Honeymoon.”
Earlier this year, Prince William and his new bride Kate celebrated their honeymoon in the Seychelles where they enjoyed the island nation’s pristine white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, rolling green hills, lush green rainforests and luxurious accommodation including beach and water villas and spa resorts.
Since the Royal visit, there has been a significant rise in the number of international tourists booking holidays to the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...