Etihad Airways' New Seychelles Flights Welcomed by President Michel
The President of the Seychelles has welcomed a new Abu Dhabi-Seychelles route recently launched by Etihad Airways. The airline will be operating four weekly flights to take passengers to Seychelles holidays from the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
President James Michel has welcomed a new route launched by Etihad Airways that will provide four weekly flights from Abu Dhabi to the Seychelles.
The first flight landed on Mahe Island last Wednesday, bringing a large bunch of Abu Dhabi tourists to their exotic Seychelles holidays.
President Michel said: “The Etihad Airways route will strengthen the excellent ties of friendship between Seychelles and Abu Dhabi and give greater value and choice for the tourism travel products that are available for travellers wishing to experience the Seychelles brand. Etihad Airways is a first-class airline and indeed was awarded the title of the World’s Leading Airline at the World Travel Market last year. So I am sure that Seychellois, as well as foreign visitors, will enjoy their flying experience.”
Image by: travelourplanet.com, on Flickr
The President thanked the United Arab Emirates for providing a new route for both travellers planning Seychelles holidays and trade sectors.
He added: “Seychelles will also benefit from the air links that Etihad Airways offers to other destinations around the world, and increase the number of visitors from the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, as well as the traditional European markets. This is in line with the Seychelles Tourism Board marketing strategy to diversify and aim at a more global reach rather than our traditional European markets. I wish the Etihad Airways venture every success.”
Tourists will be able to choose from four weekly flights to the Seychelles in a two-class Airbus A320 aircraft.
James Hogan, the Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, explained: “The ties between Abu Dhabi and the Seychelles are already strong, and with this new route, Etihad Airways can help to make that relationship stronger.
Image by: pentlandpirate, on Flickr
“The Seychelles has long been a favourite destination among discerning leisure travellers, and global interest in the destination has been building in recent years, particularly following the much-publicised Royal Honeymoon.”
Earlier this year, Prince William and his new bride Kate celebrated their honeymoon in the Seychelles where they enjoyed the island nation’s pristine white sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, rolling green hills, lush green rainforests and luxurious accommodation including beach and water villas and spa resorts.
Since the Royal visit, there has been a significant rise in the number of international tourists booking holidays to the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...