QNH to Convert Tazi Palace into Luxury Moroccan Hotel
Qatar National Hotels Company (QNH) has announced that it will be converting the former Tazi Palace in Tangier into a 5-star luxurious hotel for discerning tourists taking Morocco holidays. QNH will invest $55 million into revamping the 120-room property.
The government of Morocco and Qatar National Hotels Company (QNH) have signed an agreement that will see the transformation of the former Tazi Palace in Tangier into a five-star luxury hotel.
Qatar National Hotels Company has announced that it will be investing $55 million into the project which will convert the palace into an upscale retreat for travellers taking Morocco holidays.
Once it has been completed, the property will be one of the most luxurious Morocco hotels with 120 guest rooms including two VIP villas and one Royal villa, as well as range of high end facilities including a spa, fitness centre, business centre, conference and banqueting facilities, and gourmet restaurants. Covering 36,000-square-metres, the hotel will also feature 9,500 square-metres of outdoor space and gardens including an outdoor swimming pool and golf course.
As well as offering a new luxury hotel option for tourists planning Morocco holidays, the project for the renovation of the Tazi Palace hotel will generate over 200 local jobs.
Image by: harempants, on Flickr
Hamad Abdulla Al Mulla, the CEO of Qatar National Hotels, said: "Our investment in rehabilitating the Tazi Palace in Tangier aligns with QNH's strategic plans for international expansion, being our second venture in North Africa.
“Located in an area with rich cultural heritage and tourist attractions, Tazi Palace will become one of the gems in our portfolio of luxury hotels that carry the glory of ancient times of magnificence."
The project agreement was signed by the Minister of Industry, Trade and New Technologies Ahmed Reda Chami and Al Mulla at a ceremony in Rabat.
Tangier is a port city located in northern Morocco on the Strait of Gibraltar, a place heavily is influenced by Africa, Spain and France.
The Old Town features jewellery shops and many traditional souks on the side streets where travellers can purchase souvenirs during holidays to Morocco, and the waterfront boasts an array of restaurants, shops and cafes where visitors can relax with a drink and take in the beautiful views of the sparkling ocean and sandy beach.
Historical sites and attractions in Tangier include the tomb of Ibn Battouta, a 14th-century renowned traveller who was born the city; the Kasbah; the Kasbah Museum; Forbes Museum; Museum of Moroccan Arts; and the famous Grand Socco, a former marketplace now used as a meeting place for locals and tourists with a selection of cafes and restaurants.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Impressive architecture, lush gardens and fabulous all-inclusive luxury facilities for everyone in the family. The perfect blend of culture and recreation by the beach.
- Enjoy fabulous Moroccan cuisine combined with traditional music and a romantic atmosphere
- Elegant and modern accommodation with spectacular sea views
- Relax and benefit from the wonderful sandy beach of Agadir
Enjoy easy access to the historic heart of the town and experience true Moroccan culture.
- Children's activities programme and video games area makes this hotel perfect for the family
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Excellent fitness facilities, with an outdoor freshwater heated swimming pool, a Hamman, Jacuzzi, sauna, solarium and fitness centre
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...