Etihad Airways Launches New Flights to the Maldives
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has announced the launch of new flights to the Maldives. Travellers taking Maldives holidays will be able to choose from daily return flights from Kuwait to Male, via Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways has launched new daily flights to the Maldives which started operating on 1st November, 2011.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays and flying with airline, will depart from Kuwait and travel to Male International Airport via the airline’s home base in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways' Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said, "Male is gateway to the premium leisure destination, the Maldives Islands, and given the strong increase in visitation numbers we are seeing in the market, the time is right to launch services to this popular holiday destination."
The new air service will depart Kuwait at 4am and arrive to Abu Dhabi at 6.40am. Passengers will then head off to their Maldives holidays on a connecting flight departing at 9.20am to arrive to the island nation’s capital city at 2.30pm. The new Maldives flights have started just in time for the start of the busy winter period.
Mr Hogan added: "We expect the services will appeal to the Kuwaiti leisure travellers, as well as customers from our major European markets, particularly with the strong connectivity options on offer and following the additional frequencies that will come online on a number of our key European routes this summer."
The new flights to the Maldives will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft with two configured cabins, and the airline will be offering 1,904 seats every week for travellers taking holidays to the Maldives.
"Etihad's schedule, which offers an attractive afternoon arrival and evening departure, has been carefully designed to offer customers maximum leisure time at their destination. In fact, European travellers can take advantage of our overnight flights in both directions, offering them a full extra day in the Maldives," Mr Logan concluded.
Image by: Afaal, on Flickr
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands boast beautiful natural landscapes including pristine white sands and palm fringed beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands have an array of luxury Maldives hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, sun seeking holidays, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays with the family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...