Etihad Airways Launches New Flights to the Maldives
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has announced the launch of new flights to the Maldives. Travellers taking Maldives holidays will be able to choose from daily return flights from Kuwait to Male, via Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways has launched new daily flights to the Maldives which started operating on 1st November, 2011.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays and flying with airline, will depart from Kuwait and travel to Male International Airport via the airline’s home base in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways' Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said, "Male is gateway to the premium leisure destination, the Maldives Islands, and given the strong increase in visitation numbers we are seeing in the market, the time is right to launch services to this popular holiday destination."
The new air service will depart Kuwait at 4am and arrive to Abu Dhabi at 6.40am. Passengers will then head off to their Maldives holidays on a connecting flight departing at 9.20am to arrive to the island nation’s capital city at 2.30pm. The new Maldives flights have started just in time for the start of the busy winter period.
Mr Hogan added: "We expect the services will appeal to the Kuwaiti leisure travellers, as well as customers from our major European markets, particularly with the strong connectivity options on offer and following the additional frequencies that will come online on a number of our key European routes this summer."
The new flights to the Maldives will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft with two configured cabins, and the airline will be offering 1,904 seats every week for travellers taking holidays to the Maldives.
"Etihad's schedule, which offers an attractive afternoon arrival and evening departure, has been carefully designed to offer customers maximum leisure time at their destination. In fact, European travellers can take advantage of our overnight flights in both directions, offering them a full extra day in the Maldives," Mr Logan concluded.
Image by: Afaal, on Flickr
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands boast beautiful natural landscapes including pristine white sands and palm fringed beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands have an array of luxury Maldives hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, sun seeking holidays, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays with the family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...