Etihad Airways Launches New Flights to the Maldives
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has announced the launch of new flights to the Maldives. Travellers taking Maldives holidays will be able to choose from daily return flights from Kuwait to Male, via Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways has launched new daily flights to the Maldives which started operating on 1st November, 2011.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays and flying with airline, will depart from Kuwait and travel to Male International Airport via the airline’s home base in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways' Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said, "Male is gateway to the premium leisure destination, the Maldives Islands, and given the strong increase in visitation numbers we are seeing in the market, the time is right to launch services to this popular holiday destination."
The new air service will depart Kuwait at 4am and arrive to Abu Dhabi at 6.40am. Passengers will then head off to their Maldives holidays on a connecting flight departing at 9.20am to arrive to the island nation’s capital city at 2.30pm. The new Maldives flights have started just in time for the start of the busy winter period.
Mr Hogan added: "We expect the services will appeal to the Kuwaiti leisure travellers, as well as customers from our major European markets, particularly with the strong connectivity options on offer and following the additional frequencies that will come online on a number of our key European routes this summer."
The new flights to the Maldives will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft with two configured cabins, and the airline will be offering 1,904 seats every week for travellers taking holidays to the Maldives.
"Etihad's schedule, which offers an attractive afternoon arrival and evening departure, has been carefully designed to offer customers maximum leisure time at their destination. In fact, European travellers can take advantage of our overnight flights in both directions, offering them a full extra day in the Maldives," Mr Logan concluded.
Image by: Afaal, on Flickr
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands boast beautiful natural landscapes including pristine white sands and palm fringed beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands have an array of luxury Maldives hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, sun seeking holidays, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays with the family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...