Etihad Airways Launches New Flights to the Maldives
The national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has announced the launch of new flights to the Maldives. Travellers taking Maldives holidays will be able to choose from daily return flights from Kuwait to Male, via Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways has launched new daily flights to the Maldives which started operating on 1st November, 2011.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays and flying with airline, will depart from Kuwait and travel to Male International Airport via the airline’s home base in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways' Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said, "Male is gateway to the premium leisure destination, the Maldives Islands, and given the strong increase in visitation numbers we are seeing in the market, the time is right to launch services to this popular holiday destination."
The new air service will depart Kuwait at 4am and arrive to Abu Dhabi at 6.40am. Passengers will then head off to their Maldives holidays on a connecting flight departing at 9.20am to arrive to the island nation’s capital city at 2.30pm. The new Maldives flights have started just in time for the start of the busy winter period.
Mr Hogan added: "We expect the services will appeal to the Kuwaiti leisure travellers, as well as customers from our major European markets, particularly with the strong connectivity options on offer and following the additional frequencies that will come online on a number of our key European routes this summer."
The new flights to the Maldives will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft with two configured cabins, and the airline will be offering 1,904 seats every week for travellers taking holidays to the Maldives.
"Etihad's schedule, which offers an attractive afternoon arrival and evening departure, has been carefully designed to offer customers maximum leisure time at their destination. In fact, European travellers can take advantage of our overnight flights in both directions, offering them a full extra day in the Maldives," Mr Logan concluded.
Image by: Afaal, on Flickr
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 2,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, of which 200 are inhabited. The islands boast beautiful natural landscapes including pristine white sands and palm fringed beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal clear turquoise waters that are teeming with marine species, reefs and colourful corals.
The islands have an array of luxury Maldives hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning island nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, sun seeking holidays, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving holidays with the family.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...