New Tourism Slogan and Logo to promote Maldives holidays
The Maldives has launched a brand new tourism logo and slogan - "Maldives - Always Natural". The new theme for the logo and slogan represents the natural beauty of the nation which is one of the main attributes that make tourists choose Maldives holidays.
The Indian Ocean island nation of the Maldives has launched a new tourism logo and slogan that reflects the country’s outstanding natural environment.
“Maldives - Always Natural” has replaced the previous slogan, “Maldives - the Sunny Side of Life”, which ran for 11 years. The new slogan and logo represent the country’s natural beauty such as white sand beaches, lush green rainforests and turquoise ocean waters, all of which entice thousands of tourists to take Maldives holidays every year.
Chairperson of the Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC), Thoyyib Mohamed, explained: “The slogan and logo are designed to underscore the outstanding natural beauty of the Maldives, which tourists from all segments of the market consistently rate as one of their main reasons for visiting the country.”
Image by: Irusremote, on Flickr
The environmental theme of the logo and slogan supports the Maldives fishing industry, which is the nation’s second biggest industry after tourism.
An open tender was launched by the MMPRC, enabling private companies to research, design and create a new tourism logo and slogan. The tender was won by QUO KEEN of Bangkok and London and following several meetings with tourism industry stakeholders, the final design and wording was approved at a cabinet meeting chaired by President Nasheed.
Simon Hawkins, Managing Director of the MMPRC, said: “The previous slogan was over 11 years old and we believe the new slogan and logo better represents the Maldives of today, as well as tomorrow.”
CEO of QUO KEEN, David Keen, said: “We have created a brand that stands for the Maldivian people, for tourism and for all of industry. The slogan Always Natural talks to the people of the Maldives, to sustainability and to the ultimate tourism experience. The logo has been hand-crafted to define the natural elements of the country formed in a thumb print.”
Image by: muha..., on Flickr
One of the main reasons why tourists choose Maldives holidays is because of its stunning landscapes and tranquil surroundings. Situated in the Indian Ocean the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 beautiful coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The islands boasts luxury Maldives hotels with upscale accommodation and facilities including spas and gourmet restaurants, plus plenty of activities for tourists taking holidays to the Maldives including snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoiled white sand palm-fringed beaches.
Hawkins added: “The MMPRC is delighted with the end result and we look forward to proudly communicating the new brand to the world.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....