New Tourism Slogan and Logo to promote Maldives holidays
The Maldives has launched a brand new tourism logo and slogan - "Maldives - Always Natural". The new theme for the logo and slogan represents the natural beauty of the nation which is one of the main attributes that make tourists choose Maldives holidays.
The Indian Ocean island nation of the Maldives has launched a new tourism logo and slogan that reflects the country’s outstanding natural environment.
“Maldives - Always Natural” has replaced the previous slogan, “Maldives - the Sunny Side of Life”, which ran for 11 years. The new slogan and logo represent the country’s natural beauty such as white sand beaches, lush green rainforests and turquoise ocean waters, all of which entice thousands of tourists to take Maldives holidays every year.
Chairperson of the Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC), Thoyyib Mohamed, explained: “The slogan and logo are designed to underscore the outstanding natural beauty of the Maldives, which tourists from all segments of the market consistently rate as one of their main reasons for visiting the country.”
Image by: Irusremote, on Flickr
The environmental theme of the logo and slogan supports the Maldives fishing industry, which is the nation’s second biggest industry after tourism.
An open tender was launched by the MMPRC, enabling private companies to research, design and create a new tourism logo and slogan. The tender was won by QUO KEEN of Bangkok and London and following several meetings with tourism industry stakeholders, the final design and wording was approved at a cabinet meeting chaired by President Nasheed.
Simon Hawkins, Managing Director of the MMPRC, said: “The previous slogan was over 11 years old and we believe the new slogan and logo better represents the Maldives of today, as well as tomorrow.”
CEO of QUO KEEN, David Keen, said: “We have created a brand that stands for the Maldivian people, for tourism and for all of industry. The slogan Always Natural talks to the people of the Maldives, to sustainability and to the ultimate tourism experience. The logo has been hand-crafted to define the natural elements of the country formed in a thumb print.”
Image by: muha..., on Flickr
One of the main reasons why tourists choose Maldives holidays is because of its stunning landscapes and tranquil surroundings. Situated in the Indian Ocean the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 beautiful coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The islands boasts luxury Maldives hotels with upscale accommodation and facilities including spas and gourmet restaurants, plus plenty of activities for tourists taking holidays to the Maldives including snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoiled white sand palm-fringed beaches.
Hawkins added: “The MMPRC is delighted with the end result and we look forward to proudly communicating the new brand to the world.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...