Oman Air honoured at Travel Trade Gazette Travel Awards
During this year's prestigious TTG Travel Awards, Oman Air has been "Commended" as the "Airline of the Year" after months of aircraft upgrades and technological additions, offering a great onboard experience to passengers heading to and from Oman holidays
It looks like this year is shaping up to be a great year for Muscat-based carrier Oman Air, the number one airline taking passengers to Oman holidays aboard award-winning aircraft. On top being voted Best Business Class Seat In the World by Skytrax and being declared the official winner of the title of Best Luxury Airline Middle East by the Business Destinations Travel Awards 2011, Oman Air are now pleased to announce yet another significant milestone, this time from the TTG Travel Awards.
Oman Air, the flagship carrier of the Sultanate of Oman, has been ‘Commended’ in the ‘Airline of the Year’ category at one of the UK travel industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies. The TTG Travel Awards, run by the industry’s leading trade newspaper, Travel Trade Gazette, are held in London every year and hosted at the iconic and luxurious Grosvenor House Hotel.
Oman Air’s recent Commendation comes after 18 months during which the airline has added to its fleet the new airbus A330 aircraft, with spacious and luxuriously-appointed interiors as well as state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment. Oman is also commended for having been the first airline in the world to offer passengers full mobile phone access and wi-fi connectivity simultaneously aboard their flights.
There was also the introduction of the new Embraer E175 regional jets which expanded Oman Air's network to more than 40 exciting holiday destinations and, earlier this year, the carrier also opened a brand new Business Class and First Class lounges at Muscat International, giving passengers a comfortable experience before they went off to enjoy their Oman holidays or giving them the perfect way to end their trip in Oman before heading back home.
In addition to all this, online booking, e-ticketing and web check-in facilities are offered by door-to-door First Class and Business Class limousine services, and a lounge-to-aircraft limousine service at Muscat and a brand new partnership with No1 Traveller which enables business class passengers free access to the new Heathrow lounge with its superb facilities.
The TTG Travel Awards ceremony is celebrated in two stages. First, each registered travel company is rated by the same travel agents and tour operators that use their companies and tourism products. Then, the results of these votes are used to create shortlists for each award from the entries that meet the minimum judging requirements.
Lastly, a panel of four to five people assess the shortlisted finalists in each category. Chaired by a TTG journalist who does not have a carrying vote, each panel debates and discusses each entrant against the rigorous criteria set for that category. Once all the judging is done, the panel picks the sole winner. For this particual award that Oman Air recently won, ten categories were assessed: seating comfort, cabin appearance, cleanliness of the toilets, service onboard, beverage service, onboard meals, ground service, punctuality, cost-performance ratio and facilities provided for children.
“We are delighted to have been Commended in this most prestigious award. All the team at Oman Air has worked hard to ensure that Oman Air is synonymous with comfort, luxury and the very best that air travel has to offer. Thank you to all those who have supported and voted for Oman Air.” were the words from Peter Hill, Oman Air’s CEO.
Earlier this month, Oman Air was also the proud winner of the Best In-flight Connectivity and Communications prize at the Passenger Choice Awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...