Virgin Atlantic Plans 50 million pounds refurbishments for Gatwick and Manchester Fleet
Virgin Atlantic is planning refurbishments for its fleet of 747-400 aircraft that depart out of from Gatwick and Manchester airports. The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays to destinations such as Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada and St Lucia.
Virgin Atlantic’s fleet of 747-400 aircraft operating departures from Manchester and London Gatwick airports will be undergoing refurbishments as part of the airline’s £100 million product investment.
The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays from these two airports and from next year onwards, passengers will be able to enjoy renovated cabins across the 10-year-old aircraft.
The £50 million refurbishments will be commencing in May 2012 and are scheduled to be completed by October 2012.
Image by: OLD Aero Icarus, on Flickr
Passengers taking flights to the Caribbean in premium economy class will be able to relax in 38-inches of leather ergonomic seats with lumbar support as well as an adjustable headrest with wings.
A new IFE system will be installed in all three cabins and passengers will be able to can (2) enjoy 300 hours of content available via a touch screen handset. Travellers will also be able to use their mobile phones for the first time during flights to make phone calls and send text messages or emails.
Virgin Atlantic operates a number of flights for Caribbean holidays from Gatwick and Manchester to destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, Tobago and Cuba.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
The Caribbean offers an array of beautiful tropical islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes comprising pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush green rolling hills, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls and turquoise ocean waters thriving with colourful marine species.
During luxury holidays in the Caribbean, tourists can head to Jamaica to explore the beautiful Blue Mountains, taste the local rum, tour Bob Marley’s home, take a dip in Dunn’s Falls or relax on the famous Seven Mile Beach. The Caribbean offers plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities and divers will have the chance to catch sighting of turtles, dolphins, sharks, manta rays and thousands of species of fish and corals.
There are plenty of Caribbean hotels and resorts to choose from on islands across the region including the celebrity-packed Sandy Lane in Barbados; Sandals Resorts all inclusive properties; and internationally branded upscale hotels such as Four Seasons, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt.
The region is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, traditional cuisine, beachfront hotels and resorts, and its laid-back lifestyle.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...