Virgin Atlantic Plans 50 million pounds refurbishments for Gatwick and Manchester Fleet
Virgin Atlantic is planning refurbishments for its fleet of 747-400 aircraft that depart out of from Gatwick and Manchester airports. The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays to destinations such as Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada and St Lucia.
Virgin Atlantic’s fleet of 747-400 aircraft operating departures from Manchester and London Gatwick airports will be undergoing refurbishments as part of the airline’s £100 million product investment.
The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays from these two airports and from next year onwards, passengers will be able to enjoy renovated cabins across the 10-year-old aircraft.
The £50 million refurbishments will be commencing in May 2012 and are scheduled to be completed by October 2012.
Image by: OLD Aero Icarus, on Flickr
Passengers taking flights to the Caribbean in premium economy class will be able to relax in 38-inches of leather ergonomic seats with lumbar support as well as an adjustable headrest with wings.
A new IFE system will be installed in all three cabins and passengers will be able to can (2) enjoy 300 hours of content available via a touch screen handset. Travellers will also be able to use their mobile phones for the first time during flights to make phone calls and send text messages or emails.
Virgin Atlantic operates a number of flights for Caribbean holidays from Gatwick and Manchester to destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, Tobago and Cuba.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
The Caribbean offers an array of beautiful tropical islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes comprising pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush green rolling hills, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls and turquoise ocean waters thriving with colourful marine species.
During luxury holidays in the Caribbean, tourists can head to Jamaica to explore the beautiful Blue Mountains, taste the local rum, tour Bob Marley’s home, take a dip in Dunn’s Falls or relax on the famous Seven Mile Beach. The Caribbean offers plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities and divers will have the chance to catch sighting of turtles, dolphins, sharks, manta rays and thousands of species of fish and corals.
There are plenty of Caribbean hotels and resorts to choose from on islands across the region including the celebrity-packed Sandy Lane in Barbados; Sandals Resorts all inclusive properties; and internationally branded upscale hotels such as Four Seasons, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt.
The region is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, traditional cuisine, beachfront hotels and resorts, and its laid-back lifestyle.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...