Virgin Atlantic Plans 50 million pounds refurbishments for Gatwick and Manchester Fleet
Virgin Atlantic is planning refurbishments for its fleet of 747-400 aircraft that depart out of from Gatwick and Manchester airports. The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays to destinations such as Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada and St Lucia.
Virgin Atlantic’s fleet of 747-400 aircraft operating departures from Manchester and London Gatwick airports will be undergoing refurbishments as part of the airline’s £100 million product investment.
The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays from these two airports and from next year onwards, passengers will be able to enjoy renovated cabins across the 10-year-old aircraft.
The £50 million refurbishments will be commencing in May 2012 and are scheduled to be completed by October 2012.
Image by: OLD Aero Icarus, on Flickr
Passengers taking flights to the Caribbean in premium economy class will be able to relax in 38-inches of leather ergonomic seats with lumbar support as well as an adjustable headrest with wings.
A new IFE system will be installed in all three cabins and passengers will be able to can (2) enjoy 300 hours of content available via a touch screen handset. Travellers will also be able to use their mobile phones for the first time during flights to make phone calls and send text messages or emails.
Virgin Atlantic operates a number of flights for Caribbean holidays from Gatwick and Manchester to destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, Tobago and Cuba.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
The Caribbean offers an array of beautiful tropical islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes comprising pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush green rolling hills, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls and turquoise ocean waters thriving with colourful marine species.
During luxury holidays in the Caribbean, tourists can head to Jamaica to explore the beautiful Blue Mountains, taste the local rum, tour Bob Marley’s home, take a dip in Dunn’s Falls or relax on the famous Seven Mile Beach. The Caribbean offers plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities and divers will have the chance to catch sighting of turtles, dolphins, sharks, manta rays and thousands of species of fish and corals.
There are plenty of Caribbean hotels and resorts to choose from on islands across the region including the celebrity-packed Sandy Lane in Barbados; Sandals Resorts all inclusive properties; and internationally branded upscale hotels such as Four Seasons, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt.
The region is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, traditional cuisine, beachfront hotels and resorts, and its laid-back lifestyle.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...