Virgin Atlantic Plans 50 million pounds refurbishments for Gatwick and Manchester Fleet
Virgin Atlantic is planning refurbishments for its fleet of 747-400 aircraft that depart out of from Gatwick and Manchester airports. The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays to destinations such as Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada and St Lucia.
Virgin Atlantic’s fleet of 747-400 aircraft operating departures from Manchester and London Gatwick airports will be undergoing refurbishments as part of the airline’s £100 million product investment.
The airline operates flights for Caribbean holidays from these two airports and from next year onwards, passengers will be able to enjoy renovated cabins across the 10-year-old aircraft.
The £50 million refurbishments will be commencing in May 2012 and are scheduled to be completed by October 2012.
Image by: OLD Aero Icarus, on Flickr
Passengers taking flights to the Caribbean in premium economy class will be able to relax in 38-inches of leather ergonomic seats with lumbar support as well as an adjustable headrest with wings.
A new IFE system will be installed in all three cabins and passengers will be able to can (2) enjoy 300 hours of content available via a touch screen handset. Travellers will also be able to use their mobile phones for the first time during flights to make phone calls and send text messages or emails.
Virgin Atlantic operates a number of flights for Caribbean holidays from Gatwick and Manchester to destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, Tobago and Cuba.
Image by: *michael sweet*, on Flickr
The Caribbean offers an array of beautiful tropical islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes comprising pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush green rolling hills, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls and turquoise ocean waters thriving with colourful marine species.
During luxury holidays in the Caribbean, tourists can head to Jamaica to explore the beautiful Blue Mountains, taste the local rum, tour Bob Marley’s home, take a dip in Dunn’s Falls or relax on the famous Seven Mile Beach. The Caribbean offers plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities and divers will have the chance to catch sighting of turtles, dolphins, sharks, manta rays and thousands of species of fish and corals.
There are plenty of Caribbean hotels and resorts to choose from on islands across the region including the celebrity-packed Sandy Lane in Barbados; Sandals Resorts all inclusive properties; and internationally branded upscale hotels such as Four Seasons, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt.
The region is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, traditional cuisine, beachfront hotels and resorts, and its laid-back lifestyle.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...