Sandals Celebrates 30th Anniversary at World Travel Market 2011
Sandals Resorts are celebrating 30 years of providing Caribbean holidays for travellers from all over the world. The hotel group will be celebrating its anniversary and promoting the brand at the World Travel Market 2011 in London in November.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market 2011 which is scheduled to take place at the ExCel in London from 7th to 10th November.
The hotel group has been providing travellers from all over the world with luxury Caribbean holidays to tropical destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua and the Bahamas for the past three decades.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating their anniversary, promoting its brand, unveiling details of its $500 million expansions, and introducing the brand new voluntourism programme at this year’s WTM 2011.
Since the launch of the first of its Jamaica hotels in November 1981, the Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has grown to become one of the leading hotel groups for luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts. Over the years, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Image by: Marc_714, on Flickr
Sandals has also incorporated a full all-inclusive rate for tourists that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving.
Founder and Chairman of Sandals, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, will be attending the WTM 2011 in London and marking the hotel group’s milestone with the director of business, processes and administration, Wayne Cummings; regional director of the Eastern Caribbean, Jeremy Jones; and Karl Thompson, the UK managing director.
During the WTM 2011, Sandals will be unveiling news of the $500 million expansion and refurbishment programme which will see enhancements to seven of its Luxury Included resorts in the Caribbean over the next ten years.
Travellers planning Jamaica holidays will be spoilt for choice after the Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort recently underwent $60 million worth of refurbishments and upgrades. The luxury resort is the largest in the Sandals portfolio and features three resorts in one including the Riviera Great House, Riviera Villas, and the Riviera Beach Club & Seaside.
Image by: Caleb Keiter, on Flickr
Guests will be able to experience chic lounge-style amenities in the beach and pool areas, poolside butler service, a grotto pool and fire pits. Seven of the fifteen restaurants have been upgraded and redesigned and will offer gourmet international cuisine, and guest rooms and suites now feature high-tech amenities including plasma TVs, iPod docking stations, and newly fitted bathrooms. The resort’s Red Lane spa will be undergoing a new facelift which will include a new colour scheme, porcelain tiled flooring, and Indonesian panelling.
Sandals Resorts has also recently announced the launch of its first voluntourism programme, with the introduction of a Reading Road Trip experience in conjunction with the Sandals Foundation.
Tourists taking Caribbean holidays at participating Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts in Saint Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos or Jamaica will be able to take part in the programme which will involve visiting adopted basic and primary schools and engaging small groups of children in active reading programmes over two hours.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...