Sandals Celebrates 30th Anniversary at World Travel Market 2011
Sandals Resorts are celebrating 30 years of providing Caribbean holidays for travellers from all over the world. The hotel group will be celebrating its anniversary and promoting the brand at the World Travel Market 2011 in London in November.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market 2011 which is scheduled to take place at the ExCel in London from 7th to 10th November.
The hotel group has been providing travellers from all over the world with luxury Caribbean holidays to tropical destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua and the Bahamas for the past three decades.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating their anniversary, promoting its brand, unveiling details of its $500 million expansions, and introducing the brand new voluntourism programme at this year’s WTM 2011.
Since the launch of the first of its Jamaica hotels in November 1981, the Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has grown to become one of the leading hotel groups for luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts. Over the years, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Image by: Marc_714, on Flickr
Sandals has also incorporated a full all-inclusive rate for tourists that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving.
Founder and Chairman of Sandals, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, will be attending the WTM 2011 in London and marking the hotel group’s milestone with the director of business, processes and administration, Wayne Cummings; regional director of the Eastern Caribbean, Jeremy Jones; and Karl Thompson, the UK managing director.
During the WTM 2011, Sandals will be unveiling news of the $500 million expansion and refurbishment programme which will see enhancements to seven of its Luxury Included resorts in the Caribbean over the next ten years.
Travellers planning Jamaica holidays will be spoilt for choice after the Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort recently underwent $60 million worth of refurbishments and upgrades. The luxury resort is the largest in the Sandals portfolio and features three resorts in one including the Riviera Great House, Riviera Villas, and the Riviera Beach Club & Seaside.
Image by: Caleb Keiter, on Flickr
Guests will be able to experience chic lounge-style amenities in the beach and pool areas, poolside butler service, a grotto pool and fire pits. Seven of the fifteen restaurants have been upgraded and redesigned and will offer gourmet international cuisine, and guest rooms and suites now feature high-tech amenities including plasma TVs, iPod docking stations, and newly fitted bathrooms. The resort’s Red Lane spa will be undergoing a new facelift which will include a new colour scheme, porcelain tiled flooring, and Indonesian panelling.
Sandals Resorts has also recently announced the launch of its first voluntourism programme, with the introduction of a Reading Road Trip experience in conjunction with the Sandals Foundation.
Tourists taking Caribbean holidays at participating Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts in Saint Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos or Jamaica will be able to take part in the programme which will involve visiting adopted basic and primary schools and engaging small groups of children in active reading programmes over two hours.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...