Sandals Celebrates 30th Anniversary at World Travel Market 2011
Sandals Resorts are celebrating 30 years of providing Caribbean holidays for travellers from all over the world. The hotel group will be celebrating its anniversary and promoting the brand at the World Travel Market 2011 in London in November.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating its 30th anniversary at the World Travel Market 2011 which is scheduled to take place at the ExCel in London from 7th to 10th November.
The hotel group has been providing travellers from all over the world with luxury Caribbean holidays to tropical destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua and the Bahamas for the past three decades.
Sandals Resorts will be celebrating their anniversary, promoting its brand, unveiling details of its $500 million expansions, and introducing the brand new voluntourism programme at this year’s WTM 2011.
Since the launch of the first of its Jamaica hotels in November 1981, the Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has grown to become one of the leading hotel groups for luxury Caribbean hotels and resorts. Over the years, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for its guests.
Image by: Marc_714, on Flickr
Sandals has also incorporated a full all-inclusive rate for tourists that includes accommodation, food, drinks, tips, transfers, taxes, and all recreational and water sports activities including scuba diving.
Founder and Chairman of Sandals, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, will be attending the WTM 2011 in London and marking the hotel group’s milestone with the director of business, processes and administration, Wayne Cummings; regional director of the Eastern Caribbean, Jeremy Jones; and Karl Thompson, the UK managing director.
During the WTM 2011, Sandals will be unveiling news of the $500 million expansion and refurbishment programme which will see enhancements to seven of its Luxury Included resorts in the Caribbean over the next ten years.
Travellers planning Jamaica holidays will be spoilt for choice after the Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort recently underwent $60 million worth of refurbishments and upgrades. The luxury resort is the largest in the Sandals portfolio and features three resorts in one including the Riviera Great House, Riviera Villas, and the Riviera Beach Club & Seaside.
Image by: Caleb Keiter, on Flickr
Guests will be able to experience chic lounge-style amenities in the beach and pool areas, poolside butler service, a grotto pool and fire pits. Seven of the fifteen restaurants have been upgraded and redesigned and will offer gourmet international cuisine, and guest rooms and suites now feature high-tech amenities including plasma TVs, iPod docking stations, and newly fitted bathrooms. The resort’s Red Lane spa will be undergoing a new facelift which will include a new colour scheme, porcelain tiled flooring, and Indonesian panelling.
Sandals Resorts has also recently announced the launch of its first voluntourism programme, with the introduction of a Reading Road Trip experience in conjunction with the Sandals Foundation.
Tourists taking Caribbean holidays at participating Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts in Saint Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos or Jamaica will be able to take part in the programme which will involve visiting adopted basic and primary schools and engaging small groups of children in active reading programmes over two hours.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...