Dubai holidays prove popular for October Half Term Holidays
A recent survey carried out by Skyscanner has revealed that Dubai holidays are among the favourites for families taking holidays during the October half term with 25 per cent preferring to travel in October than any other month of the year.
October half term is the favourite time of year for families taking overseas holidays according to a recent survey carried out by Skyscanner.
The survey revealed that Dubai holidays were among the favourites for families going abroad during the half term holiday at the end of October. The findings also revealed that 25 per cent of families prefer to travel at this time of year because it offers better value than peak summer months.
The survey also revealed that 23 per cent of travellers preferred the weather in October to the sweltering months of July and August. This is one of the reasons why travellers prefer to take Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays at this time of year compared to the uncomfortably high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
Image by: Britrob, on Flickr
The number of travellers searching Skyscanner for Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays in October has nearly doubled in the past two weeks as people plan towards their half term breaks.
Spain was the most popular overall destination searched for by travellers planning family holidays, with the United States and Italy following closely behind. Spain also came out at amongst the top spots when participants were asked for their best ever family holiday destination, coming in second place to America.
A huge 31 per cent of survey respondents said that their ideal family holiday would be to Florida theme parks; 30 per cent wanted to take beach holidays while 21 per cent would choose safari holidays in Africa.
Skyscanner Travel Editor, Sam Baldwin, said: “It’s clear from our rankings that good value destinations are ever popular with families, and with many Eurozone countries feeling the effect of the recession these destinations are proving as popular as ever.”
Image by: slleong, on Flickr
Abu Dhabi and Dubai are two of the most popular destinations and there has been an increase in travellers booking holidays to the Middle East. Dubai is located on the northern coast of the United Arab Emirates and boasts an array of upscale hotels, sandy beaches and tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is a fantastic destination for luxury holidays with many luxury hotels, private beaches and shopping malls including the Marina Mall, the three-story Abu Dhabi Mall and Al Wahda Mall. Yas Island is a Mecca for motor sporting enthusiasts and will be host to the Formula One Etihad Airways Grand Prix Abu Dhabi which is scheduled to take place in November, 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...