Dubai holidays prove popular for October Half Term Holidays
A recent survey carried out by Skyscanner has revealed that Dubai holidays are among the favourites for families taking holidays during the October half term with 25 per cent preferring to travel in October than any other month of the year.
October half term is the favourite time of year for families taking overseas holidays according to a recent survey carried out by Skyscanner.
The survey revealed that Dubai holidays were among the favourites for families going abroad during the half term holiday at the end of October. The findings also revealed that 25 per cent of families prefer to travel at this time of year because it offers better value than peak summer months.
The survey also revealed that 23 per cent of travellers preferred the weather in October to the sweltering months of July and August. This is one of the reasons why travellers prefer to take Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays at this time of year compared to the uncomfortably high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
Image by: Britrob, on Flickr
The number of travellers searching Skyscanner for Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays in October has nearly doubled in the past two weeks as people plan towards their half term breaks.
Spain was the most popular overall destination searched for by travellers planning family holidays, with the United States and Italy following closely behind. Spain also came out at amongst the top spots when participants were asked for their best ever family holiday destination, coming in second place to America.
A huge 31 per cent of survey respondents said that their ideal family holiday would be to Florida theme parks; 30 per cent wanted to take beach holidays while 21 per cent would choose safari holidays in Africa.
Skyscanner Travel Editor, Sam Baldwin, said: “It’s clear from our rankings that good value destinations are ever popular with families, and with many Eurozone countries feeling the effect of the recession these destinations are proving as popular as ever.”
Image by: slleong, on Flickr
Abu Dhabi and Dubai are two of the most popular destinations and there has been an increase in travellers booking holidays to the Middle East. Dubai is located on the northern coast of the United Arab Emirates and boasts an array of upscale hotels, sandy beaches and tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is a fantastic destination for luxury holidays with many luxury hotels, private beaches and shopping malls including the Marina Mall, the three-story Abu Dhabi Mall and Al Wahda Mall. Yas Island is a Mecca for motor sporting enthusiasts and will be host to the Formula One Etihad Airways Grand Prix Abu Dhabi which is scheduled to take place in November, 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- free Half Board
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...