Kyriakidis Appointed as President of Middle East & Africa Division of Marriott International
A new President has been appointed to the Middle East & Africa division of Marriott International. The division currently has 33 hotels in the area and plans are in place to increase this to 74 with one hotel due to offer luxury Dubai holidays from 2012.
Marriott International has appointed the top global executive at Deloitte LLP, Alex Kyriakidis, as the new President and Managing Director of Marriott’s Middle East & Africa division.
Over the next five years Marriott International is planning to double the number of hotels in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Kyriakidis has been appointed to oversee this development.
The MEA division currently has 33 hotels in 10 countries including a collection of luxury properties that are aimed at both business travellers and tourists taking Dubai holidays.
Kyriakidis is currently the Global Managing Director for Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure for Deloitte LLP and he will start his new Dubai-based role for Marriott International in January 2012.
He will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the division's business activities, including sales and marketing, finance, operations and hotel development across MEA.
Kyriakidis is fluent in Arabic, English and Greek and has had a career spanning 38 years in 25 different countries where he has gained experience in strategic and financial planning, mergers and acquisitions and asset management.
Marriott's President and Chief Operating Officer, Arne Sorenson, said: "Alex brings exceptional business acumen, deep expertise in lodging, and focus on growth with a global mind set. He is the perfect leader to drive and manage our growth in the region."
Marriott International operates over 3,600 hotels and resorts across 71 countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, under brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
The company specialises in providing accommodation for travellers taking luxury holidays across the world, from romantic Seychelles holidays, to city breaks in New York.
The hotel group is planning to double its MEA hotels to 74 over the next five years. One of the company’s most luxurious Dubai hotels, the 1,614-room JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, is scheduled to open to travellers in 2012. The property will feature two iconic towers and during Dubai holidays guests will be able to dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...