Kyriakidis Appointed as President of Middle East & Africa Division of Marriott International
A new President has been appointed to the Middle East & Africa division of Marriott International. The division currently has 33 hotels in the area and plans are in place to increase this to 74 with one hotel due to offer luxury Dubai holidays from 2012.
Marriott International has appointed the top global executive at Deloitte LLP, Alex Kyriakidis, as the new President and Managing Director of Marriott’s Middle East & Africa division.
Over the next five years Marriott International is planning to double the number of hotels in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Kyriakidis has been appointed to oversee this development.
The MEA division currently has 33 hotels in 10 countries including a collection of luxury properties that are aimed at both business travellers and tourists taking Dubai holidays.
Kyriakidis is currently the Global Managing Director for Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure for Deloitte LLP and he will start his new Dubai-based role for Marriott International in January 2012.
He will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the division's business activities, including sales and marketing, finance, operations and hotel development across MEA.
Kyriakidis is fluent in Arabic, English and Greek and has had a career spanning 38 years in 25 different countries where he has gained experience in strategic and financial planning, mergers and acquisitions and asset management.
Marriott's President and Chief Operating Officer, Arne Sorenson, said: "Alex brings exceptional business acumen, deep expertise in lodging, and focus on growth with a global mind set. He is the perfect leader to drive and manage our growth in the region."
Marriott International operates over 3,600 hotels and resorts across 71 countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, under brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
The company specialises in providing accommodation for travellers taking luxury holidays across the world, from romantic Seychelles holidays, to city breaks in New York.
The hotel group is planning to double its MEA hotels to 74 over the next five years. One of the company’s most luxurious Dubai hotels, the 1,614-room JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, is scheduled to open to travellers in 2012. The property will feature two iconic towers and during Dubai holidays guests will be able to dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...