Kyriakidis Appointed as President of Middle East & Africa Division of Marriott International
A new President has been appointed to the Middle East & Africa division of Marriott International. The division currently has 33 hotels in the area and plans are in place to increase this to 74 with one hotel due to offer luxury Dubai holidays from 2012.
Marriott International has appointed the top global executive at Deloitte LLP, Alex Kyriakidis, as the new President and Managing Director of Marriott’s Middle East & Africa division.
Over the next five years Marriott International is planning to double the number of hotels in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Kyriakidis has been appointed to oversee this development.
The MEA division currently has 33 hotels in 10 countries including a collection of luxury properties that are aimed at both business travellers and tourists taking Dubai holidays.
Kyriakidis is currently the Global Managing Director for Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure for Deloitte LLP and he will start his new Dubai-based role for Marriott International in January 2012.
He will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the division's business activities, including sales and marketing, finance, operations and hotel development across MEA.
Kyriakidis is fluent in Arabic, English and Greek and has had a career spanning 38 years in 25 different countries where he has gained experience in strategic and financial planning, mergers and acquisitions and asset management.
Marriott's President and Chief Operating Officer, Arne Sorenson, said: "Alex brings exceptional business acumen, deep expertise in lodging, and focus on growth with a global mind set. He is the perfect leader to drive and manage our growth in the region."
Marriott International operates over 3,600 hotels and resorts across 71 countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, under brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
The company specialises in providing accommodation for travellers taking luxury holidays across the world, from romantic Seychelles holidays, to city breaks in New York.
The hotel group is planning to double its MEA hotels to 74 over the next five years. One of the company’s most luxurious Dubai hotels, the 1,614-room JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, is scheduled to open to travellers in 2012. The property will feature two iconic towers and during Dubai holidays guests will be able to dine at 13 gourmet restaurants, bars and lounges; relax in the luxurious Saray Spa; and attend conferences and events in 4,015 square meters of meeting and event space, including two ballrooms and 22 boardrooms.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...