Royal Jordanian to Offer Flights to Africa
The Chief Executive Officer of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, has announced that the airline will be offering flights for Africa holidays as it expands into new destination in East Africa such as Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia next year.
The national carrier of Jordan, Royal Jordanian, will be expanding its routes into East Africa next year as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer announces new services to Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Travellers will be able to take Africa holidays with the airline from next month as the carrier launches its debut route from Jordan’s capital city of Amman, to Lagos in Nigeria. From next year, flights will also be available for Kenya holidays and other African destinations as the airlines looks to open up new markets across the region.
President and Chief Executive of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, recently spoke during a press conference at the World Route Development Strategy Summit.
“These markets offer great value to our customers, this will also be the first time we will serve Africa on a regional basis, we think it is a great market,” he said.
“We expect it to be both origin, destination and transfer traffic”
The CEO added that though Qatar Airways and Emirates both had a strong presence in this region, there was “plenty of space” for Royal Jordanian to also offer Africa holidays for international travellers.
Royal Jordanian, recognised at the World Travel Awards earlier this year as the Middle East’s Leading Airline, operates flights to 59 destinations across four continents including London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Bangkok, Egypt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, Omnan and Tel Aviv.
Dabbas said that the introduction into Africa will enhance Jordan’s position as a gateway to the Middle East and will help connect the continent to the rest of the world.
During holidays to Africa, travellers will be able to explore the diverse offerings from Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Kenya is a fantastic location to enjoy safaris in Africa with its collection of national parks and nature reserves including Tsavo National Park, the Maasai Mara, Nakuru National Park, and Aberdares National Park where visitors can catch sightings of the “Big Five” animals: lions, rhinos, leopards, buffalos and elephants. Kenya’s coastline features beautiful white sand beaches fringed with the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Tanzania is situated in East Africa and is home to the world famous Mount Kilimanjaro: the highest mountain in Africa. The country also boasts plenty of national parks including the famous Serengeti National Park and is thriving with wildlife such as giraffes, lions, wildebeest and flamingos. The Zanzibar archipelago is located about 30 miles off the coast of Tanzania.
Ethiopia is a landlocked country in East Africa and despite its turbulent history it has grown significantly and now has the biggest economy in East Africa. The country is the source of the River Nile and features high mountains, rivers, waterfalls and volcanic hot springs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...