Royal Jordanian to Offer Flights to Africa
The Chief Executive Officer of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, has announced that the airline will be offering flights for Africa holidays as it expands into new destination in East Africa such as Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia next year.
The national carrier of Jordan, Royal Jordanian, will be expanding its routes into East Africa next year as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer announces new services to Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Travellers will be able to take Africa holidays with the airline from next month as the carrier launches its debut route from Jordan’s capital city of Amman, to Lagos in Nigeria. From next year, flights will also be available for Kenya holidays and other African destinations as the airlines looks to open up new markets across the region.
President and Chief Executive of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, recently spoke during a press conference at the World Route Development Strategy Summit.
“These markets offer great value to our customers, this will also be the first time we will serve Africa on a regional basis, we think it is a great market,” he said.
“We expect it to be both origin, destination and transfer traffic”
The CEO added that though Qatar Airways and Emirates both had a strong presence in this region, there was “plenty of space” for Royal Jordanian to also offer Africa holidays for international travellers.
Royal Jordanian, recognised at the World Travel Awards earlier this year as the Middle East’s Leading Airline, operates flights to 59 destinations across four continents including London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Bangkok, Egypt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, Omnan and Tel Aviv.
Dabbas said that the introduction into Africa will enhance Jordan’s position as a gateway to the Middle East and will help connect the continent to the rest of the world.
During holidays to Africa, travellers will be able to explore the diverse offerings from Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Kenya is a fantastic location to enjoy safaris in Africa with its collection of national parks and nature reserves including Tsavo National Park, the Maasai Mara, Nakuru National Park, and Aberdares National Park where visitors can catch sightings of the “Big Five” animals: lions, rhinos, leopards, buffalos and elephants. Kenya’s coastline features beautiful white sand beaches fringed with the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Tanzania is situated in East Africa and is home to the world famous Mount Kilimanjaro: the highest mountain in Africa. The country also boasts plenty of national parks including the famous Serengeti National Park and is thriving with wildlife such as giraffes, lions, wildebeest and flamingos. The Zanzibar archipelago is located about 30 miles off the coast of Tanzania.
Ethiopia is a landlocked country in East Africa and despite its turbulent history it has grown significantly and now has the biggest economy in East Africa. The country is the source of the River Nile and features high mountains, rivers, waterfalls and volcanic hot springs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...