Royal Jordanian to Offer Flights to Africa
The Chief Executive Officer of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, has announced that the airline will be offering flights for Africa holidays as it expands into new destination in East Africa such as Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia next year.
The national carrier of Jordan, Royal Jordanian, will be expanding its routes into East Africa next year as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer announces new services to Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Travellers will be able to take Africa holidays with the airline from next month as the carrier launches its debut route from Jordan’s capital city of Amman, to Lagos in Nigeria. From next year, flights will also be available for Kenya holidays and other African destinations as the airlines looks to open up new markets across the region.
President and Chief Executive of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, recently spoke during a press conference at the World Route Development Strategy Summit.
“These markets offer great value to our customers, this will also be the first time we will serve Africa on a regional basis, we think it is a great market,” he said.
“We expect it to be both origin, destination and transfer traffic”
The CEO added that though Qatar Airways and Emirates both had a strong presence in this region, there was “plenty of space” for Royal Jordanian to also offer Africa holidays for international travellers.
Royal Jordanian, recognised at the World Travel Awards earlier this year as the Middle East’s Leading Airline, operates flights to 59 destinations across four continents including London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Bangkok, Egypt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, Omnan and Tel Aviv.
Dabbas said that the introduction into Africa will enhance Jordan’s position as a gateway to the Middle East and will help connect the continent to the rest of the world.
During holidays to Africa, travellers will be able to explore the diverse offerings from Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Kenya is a fantastic location to enjoy safaris in Africa with its collection of national parks and nature reserves including Tsavo National Park, the Maasai Mara, Nakuru National Park, and Aberdares National Park where visitors can catch sightings of the “Big Five” animals: lions, rhinos, leopards, buffalos and elephants. Kenya’s coastline features beautiful white sand beaches fringed with the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Tanzania is situated in East Africa and is home to the world famous Mount Kilimanjaro: the highest mountain in Africa. The country also boasts plenty of national parks including the famous Serengeti National Park and is thriving with wildlife such as giraffes, lions, wildebeest and flamingos. The Zanzibar archipelago is located about 30 miles off the coast of Tanzania.
Ethiopia is a landlocked country in East Africa and despite its turbulent history it has grown significantly and now has the biggest economy in East Africa. The country is the source of the River Nile and features high mountains, rivers, waterfalls and volcanic hot springs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...