Royal Jordanian to Offer Flights to Africa
The Chief Executive Officer of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, has announced that the airline will be offering flights for Africa holidays as it expands into new destination in East Africa such as Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia next year.
The national carrier of Jordan, Royal Jordanian, will be expanding its routes into East Africa next year as the airline’s Chief Executive Officer announces new services to Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Travellers will be able to take Africa holidays with the airline from next month as the carrier launches its debut route from Jordan’s capital city of Amman, to Lagos in Nigeria. From next year, flights will also be available for Kenya holidays and other African destinations as the airlines looks to open up new markets across the region.
President and Chief Executive of Royal Jordanian, Hussein Dabbas, recently spoke during a press conference at the World Route Development Strategy Summit.
“These markets offer great value to our customers, this will also be the first time we will serve Africa on a regional basis, we think it is a great market,” he said.
“We expect it to be both origin, destination and transfer traffic”
The CEO added that though Qatar Airways and Emirates both had a strong presence in this region, there was “plenty of space” for Royal Jordanian to also offer Africa holidays for international travellers.
Royal Jordanian, recognised at the World Travel Awards earlier this year as the Middle East’s Leading Airline, operates flights to 59 destinations across four continents including London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Bangkok, Egypt, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, Omnan and Tel Aviv.
Dabbas said that the introduction into Africa will enhance Jordan’s position as a gateway to the Middle East and will help connect the continent to the rest of the world.
During holidays to Africa, travellers will be able to explore the diverse offerings from Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania.
Kenya is a fantastic location to enjoy safaris in Africa with its collection of national parks and nature reserves including Tsavo National Park, the Maasai Mara, Nakuru National Park, and Aberdares National Park where visitors can catch sightings of the “Big Five” animals: lions, rhinos, leopards, buffalos and elephants. Kenya’s coastline features beautiful white sand beaches fringed with the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Tanzania is situated in East Africa and is home to the world famous Mount Kilimanjaro: the highest mountain in Africa. The country also boasts plenty of national parks including the famous Serengeti National Park and is thriving with wildlife such as giraffes, lions, wildebeest and flamingos. The Zanzibar archipelago is located about 30 miles off the coast of Tanzania.
Ethiopia is a landlocked country in East Africa and despite its turbulent history it has grown significantly and now has the biggest economy in East Africa. The country is the source of the River Nile and features high mountains, rivers, waterfalls and volcanic hot springs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...