Long-haul flight specialist Real Traveller collapses
Breaking news have recently revealed that long-haul flight specialist Real Traveller has ceased trading following their collapse. Another travel company to give in to the pressure of the harsh economic climate, the Plymouth-based operator says goodbye.
This morning breaking news revealed that the once successful Real Traveller ceased trading after collapsing from the pressure of the current harsh economic climate.
The news about the long-haul flight specialist from the UK are expected to make big headlines as it marks another company that hasn't been able to survive the tough economic times which have so badly affected the travel industry in the UK and overseas.
The Plymouth-based flight provider held an ATOL license which means that its current clients will be able to either fly to their planned destinations or claim discounts, depending on their particular situation.
Real Traveller specialised in providing UK travellers with a wider range of long-haul flights to exotic holiday destinations and sold the ever-popular round-the-world flights, perfectly packaged gap year trips for young travellers and a set of varied options for business travel.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) confirmed that at present, the company had just four passengers overseas and a total of 10 bookings for travel in future dates. Sources also added that Real Traveller's total bond amounted to £20,000.
Information posted on the CAA website stated that Real Traveller customers with flight-inclusive bookings might be able to claim refunds on the cost of their travel purchase.
It added that those already holding their booked tickets would be able to go ahead and make their trips but warned them that they may be asked to re-pay for some or all of the travel arrangements made through Real Traveller. But in the latter scenario CAA assured them that, in such case, customers might still be able to claim refunds from the CAA for additional costs.
If unsure, customers can always choose not to go ahead with their travel plans and claim a full refund under the company's ATOL protected scheme, CAA added.
The latest of UK travel firms to succumb to the harshness of the recession, Real Traveller was a favourite of students with many options for backpacking trips and world-round adventures including trekking, adventure trekking, travel insurance and tours. With discounted long-haul flights to inspiring destinations, Real Traveller had an extensive portfolio of places to leave travellers enriched for life including Africa holidays and safaris, flights to Australia and some amazing locations in Latin America.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
The ideal luxury hideaway for rich Moroccan culture with a dash of coastal recreation and sun-seeking pleasures.
- All rooms come equipped with satellite TV and Wi-Fi Internet access
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Great for sport lovers, with kayaking, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, windsurfing and more available
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...