Long-haul flight specialist Real Traveller collapses
Breaking news have recently revealed that long-haul flight specialist Real Traveller has ceased trading following their collapse. Another travel company to give in to the pressure of the harsh economic climate, the Plymouth-based operator says goodbye.
This morning breaking news revealed that the once successful Real Traveller ceased trading after collapsing from the pressure of the current harsh economic climate.
The news about the long-haul flight specialist from the UK are expected to make big headlines as it marks another company that hasn't been able to survive the tough economic times which have so badly affected the travel industry in the UK and overseas.
The Plymouth-based flight provider held an ATOL license which means that its current clients will be able to either fly to their planned destinations or claim discounts, depending on their particular situation.
Real Traveller specialised in providing UK travellers with a wider range of long-haul flights to exotic holiday destinations and sold the ever-popular round-the-world flights, perfectly packaged gap year trips for young travellers and a set of varied options for business travel.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) confirmed that at present, the company had just four passengers overseas and a total of 10 bookings for travel in future dates. Sources also added that Real Traveller's total bond amounted to £20,000.
Information posted on the CAA website stated that Real Traveller customers with flight-inclusive bookings might be able to claim refunds on the cost of their travel purchase.
It added that those already holding their booked tickets would be able to go ahead and make their trips but warned them that they may be asked to re-pay for some or all of the travel arrangements made through Real Traveller. But in the latter scenario CAA assured them that, in such case, customers might still be able to claim refunds from the CAA for additional costs.
If unsure, customers can always choose not to go ahead with their travel plans and claim a full refund under the company's ATOL protected scheme, CAA added.
The latest of UK travel firms to succumb to the harshness of the recession, Real Traveller was a favourite of students with many options for backpacking trips and world-round adventures including trekking, adventure trekking, travel insurance and tours. With discounted long-haul flights to inspiring destinations, Real Traveller had an extensive portfolio of places to leave travellers enriched for life including Africa holidays and safaris, flights to Australia and some amazing locations in Latin America.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy a thrilling array of activities and excursions with a stay upon the St Lucia Estuary in KwaZulu-Natalon
- Enjoy being within walking distance of the shops and restaurants
- Enjoy an adventure you can afford
- Enjoy activities galore, including game drives, whale watching, town tours, turtle tours, boat cruises, kayaking, walking trails, snorkelling, fishing, arts and crafts, golf
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...