Etihad Airways reports record revenue growth
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the UAE operating luxury Abu Dhabi flights has recently reported healthy revenue growth with record figures for the third quarter in 2011. The profits mark the strongest ever third quarter financial results.
Widely known as the award-winning airline and national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has recently revealed the healthy results of its third quarter financial results, reporting the company's strongest ever profits during that period.
The carrier responsible for taking many passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays aboard its luxurious, award-winning aircraft has generated a total $1.1 billion USD, signalling a growth of 39 per cent against last year's figures during the same period.
The number of passengers aboard Abu Dhabi flights and other popular worldwide holiday destinations that the airline serves also increased by 18 per cent, with the Abu Dhabi-based airline carrying a total of 2.25 million fare-paying customers over the 2011 period.
Etihad Airways' seat factors – the percentage of seats available to those filled - increased by an impressive 3.8 per cent to 80.7 per cent, the highest quarterly result in the brief history of the seven-year old airline carrying many passengers to popular holiday destinations in the Middle East and connecting Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays.
Operating costs for the company rose 12 per cent, on a 12 per cent rise in capacity, while non-fuel costs rose 7 per cent.
In the meantime, Etihad Airways has 81 per cent of its fuel hedged for the rest of 2011.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways' chief executive officer said these healthy numbers and profits achieved contributed to strong profitability at an EBITDAR (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation and rentals) level and thanks to that the airline had now moved into monthly operating profitability.
“Despite the continuing challenges of high fuel prices and economic downturn in many of the markets in which Etihad operates, we are seeing strong growth in all our key commercial indicators,” Hogan explained.
“Our clear target is to break even in 2011 and this is another big step in the right direction for us.
“We are well on track to delivering a continuing financial return to our shareholder.”
With worldwide recognised prestige for offering top class Abu Dhabi flights, in-keeping with the carrier's growth and state-of-the art facilities, the airline has added six aircraft to its fleet in the last 12 months, enabling the airline to build greater depth into its schedule and increase weekly frequencies to key markets sending tourists to holidays in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other popular emirates, including Paris, Manchester, Milan, Geneva, Brussels, Bangalore, and Manila.
In the months to come Etihad will start flying to six new holiday destinations from its home base of Abu Dhabi, offering direct flights for Maldives holidays (from 1stNovember), the Seychelles (starting 2nd November), Chengdu in China (from 15th December), Düsseldorf (from 16th December), Shanghai (starting 1st March, 2012) and Nairobi (with flights operating from1st April, 2012).
“Next year we take delivery of another seven passenger aircraft – four B777-300ER aircraft, plus three A320-200s – so the careful, strategic expansion of our global network will continue,” Hogan added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...