Etihad Airways celebrates 5 years of flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris
The United Arab Emirates' national air carrier, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of providing travellers with non-stop Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris. The airline has carried over 770,000 passengers since it first launched the route in May, 2006.
Abu Dhabi’s national airline, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of operating direct flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris, France. The airline has taken more than 777,000 travellers to their Abu Dhabi holidays over the last five years with its non-stop services to and from Paris.
Since its launch in May, 2006, Etihad Airways has enjoyed 75 per cent of passengers on its flights to and from Abu Dhabi and in 2011 this amount has increased to 77 per cent.
Image by: *Debs*, on Flickr
Etihad Airways Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said: “Our Paris operation has exceeded our expectations over the past five years, and we are pleased to be able to build on this success with the additional frequency we put in place in July this year, going double-daily.
“This year we will carry 200,000 travellers on the Abu Dhabi-Paris route, up 16 per cent from 173,000 in 2010. By April 2012, we expect to have carried one million travellers overall on the route since its inception.
“A logical step for us is to open a signature Etihad premium lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport, and I’m delighted to announce that we have started planning this.”
Over the past five years, the airline has carried 51,500 tons of cargo on flights to Abu Dhabi and Paris. The carrier’s annual cargo figures have increased from 5,000 tons when the service was first launched, to 15,000 tons.
Holidaymakers travelling with Etihad Airways to Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris can enjoy flights onboard Airbus A330 and Airbus A340 aircraft, both of which operate three-cabins comprising Diamond First, Pearl Business, and Coral Economy class seats. Each week the airline operates 7,124 seats for both business travellers and tourists taking luxury holidays to the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Image by: bkaree1, on Flickr
In addition to operating Abu Dhabi flights, Etihad Airways also provides routes for Dubai holidays and flights to over 70 destinations across the world including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, the United States, China, Japan, India, Thailand, South Africa and the Seychelles.
Hogan added: “By year end, we forecast we will turnover US$4 billion, have carried 8.4 million travellers, and have 1.3 million Etihad Guest members. All this will have been achieved despite a still fragile global economy and, at times, challenging operating conditions.
“We remain committed to building the Etihad brand in the French market, offering customers great choice, connectivity, and value. Working closely with our new codeshare partner SNCF French Railways, the travel industry, the business community and governments, we look forward to deepening the strong relationship between France and the United Arab Emirates.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...