Etihad Airways celebrates 5 years of flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris
The United Arab Emirates' national air carrier, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of providing travellers with non-stop Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris. The airline has carried over 770,000 passengers since it first launched the route in May, 2006.
Abu Dhabi’s national airline, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of operating direct flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris, France. The airline has taken more than 777,000 travellers to their Abu Dhabi holidays over the last five years with its non-stop services to and from Paris.
Since its launch in May, 2006, Etihad Airways has enjoyed 75 per cent of passengers on its flights to and from Abu Dhabi and in 2011 this amount has increased to 77 per cent.
Image by: *Debs*, on Flickr
Etihad Airways Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said: “Our Paris operation has exceeded our expectations over the past five years, and we are pleased to be able to build on this success with the additional frequency we put in place in July this year, going double-daily.
“This year we will carry 200,000 travellers on the Abu Dhabi-Paris route, up 16 per cent from 173,000 in 2010. By April 2012, we expect to have carried one million travellers overall on the route since its inception.
“A logical step for us is to open a signature Etihad premium lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport, and I’m delighted to announce that we have started planning this.”
Over the past five years, the airline has carried 51,500 tons of cargo on flights to Abu Dhabi and Paris. The carrier’s annual cargo figures have increased from 5,000 tons when the service was first launched, to 15,000 tons.
Holidaymakers travelling with Etihad Airways to Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris can enjoy flights onboard Airbus A330 and Airbus A340 aircraft, both of which operate three-cabins comprising Diamond First, Pearl Business, and Coral Economy class seats. Each week the airline operates 7,124 seats for both business travellers and tourists taking luxury holidays to the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Image by: bkaree1, on Flickr
In addition to operating Abu Dhabi flights, Etihad Airways also provides routes for Dubai holidays and flights to over 70 destinations across the world including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, the United States, China, Japan, India, Thailand, South Africa and the Seychelles.
Hogan added: “By year end, we forecast we will turnover US$4 billion, have carried 8.4 million travellers, and have 1.3 million Etihad Guest members. All this will have been achieved despite a still fragile global economy and, at times, challenging operating conditions.
“We remain committed to building the Etihad brand in the French market, offering customers great choice, connectivity, and value. Working closely with our new codeshare partner SNCF French Railways, the travel industry, the business community and governments, we look forward to deepening the strong relationship between France and the United Arab Emirates.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...