Etihad Airways celebrates 5 years of flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris
The United Arab Emirates' national air carrier, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of providing travellers with non-stop Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris. The airline has carried over 770,000 passengers since it first launched the route in May, 2006.
Abu Dhabi’s national airline, Etihad Airways, is celebrating five years of operating direct flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris, France. The airline has taken more than 777,000 travellers to their Abu Dhabi holidays over the last five years with its non-stop services to and from Paris.
Since its launch in May, 2006, Etihad Airways has enjoyed 75 per cent of passengers on its flights to and from Abu Dhabi and in 2011 this amount has increased to 77 per cent.
Image by: *Debs*, on Flickr
Etihad Airways Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said: “Our Paris operation has exceeded our expectations over the past five years, and we are pleased to be able to build on this success with the additional frequency we put in place in July this year, going double-daily.
“This year we will carry 200,000 travellers on the Abu Dhabi-Paris route, up 16 per cent from 173,000 in 2010. By April 2012, we expect to have carried one million travellers overall on the route since its inception.
“A logical step for us is to open a signature Etihad premium lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport, and I’m delighted to announce that we have started planning this.”
Over the past five years, the airline has carried 51,500 tons of cargo on flights to Abu Dhabi and Paris. The carrier’s annual cargo figures have increased from 5,000 tons when the service was first launched, to 15,000 tons.
Holidaymakers travelling with Etihad Airways to Abu Dhabi holidays from Paris can enjoy flights onboard Airbus A330 and Airbus A340 aircraft, both of which operate three-cabins comprising Diamond First, Pearl Business, and Coral Economy class seats. Each week the airline operates 7,124 seats for both business travellers and tourists taking luxury holidays to the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Image by: bkaree1, on Flickr
In addition to operating Abu Dhabi flights, Etihad Airways also provides routes for Dubai holidays and flights to over 70 destinations across the world including Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Canada, the United States, China, Japan, India, Thailand, South Africa and the Seychelles.
Hogan added: “By year end, we forecast we will turnover US$4 billion, have carried 8.4 million travellers, and have 1.3 million Etihad Guest members. All this will have been achieved despite a still fragile global economy and, at times, challenging operating conditions.
“We remain committed to building the Etihad brand in the French market, offering customers great choice, connectivity, and value. Working closely with our new codeshare partner SNCF French Railways, the travel industry, the business community and governments, we look forward to deepening the strong relationship between France and the United Arab Emirates.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...