Ayada Maldives honoured twice at 2011 World Travel Awards
A luxury 112-villa resort has been named Maldives Leading New Resort and Indian Ocean's Leading New Resort at the 2011 World Travel Awards. Ayada Maldives sits on Maguhdhuvaa Island and is due to open to tourists taking Maldives holidays from next month.
The 2011 World Travel Awards (WTA) have recognised a brand new luxury 112-villa resort in the Maldives at a gala ceremony which took place in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt last month.
Ayada Maldives was awarded the title of 'Maldives’ Leading New Resort' and 'Indian Ocean’s Leading New Resort' by WTA ahead of its opening next month.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays at the resort will be able to relax amidst beautiful tropical surroundings on the 150,000 square-metre Maguhdhuvaa Island in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
Owner of Ayada Maldives, Firat Aydeniz, said about the latest recognition: “We are delighted that Ayada Maldives has been recognised as Maldives' Leading New Resort and Indian Ocean's Leading New Resort at the 2011 World Travel Awards. As a new resort we are striving to offer the very best quality and service and these accolades are a clear indication to guests of our commitment to that mission.”
The Ayada Maldives is one of the newest Maldives hotels available to international travellers taking luxury holidays to the Indian Ocean and the property is scheduled to open to guests in November, 2011.
The resort was recognised for its upscale facilities that include seven gourmet restaurants, bars and cafes, a kids’ club, a scuba diving centre, a selection of watersports and a luxury 3,500-square-metre AySpa which is managed by ESPA.
During Maldives holidays at the Ayada Maldives guests can choose from 50 water villas and 62 seafront villas where they can unwind within spacious and elegantly designed surroundings. Villas include private pools and terraces with breathtaking views overlooking the sparkling azure Indian Ocean. Butlers are available round the clock to offer advice and knowledge on the local area and the luxury hotel’s amenities.
The resort has also been awarded an International Star Diamond Award from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
The Maldives is an island nation located just over 430 miles south of Sri Lanka. The collection of islands boast stunning natural landscapes including white sand, palm-fringed beaches, lush green dense forests, and warm crystal-clear ocean waters. The islands are a fantastic place to enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities and the surrounding ocean is teeming with marine species including a great variety of corals, reef fish, reef sharks, moray eels, Manta rays, Stingrays, Eagle rays and whale sharks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...