Jamaica Showcased as Luxury Destination Ahead of World Travel Awards
Jamaica's image as a destination is rapidly becoming a luxury one, after being nominated for ten World Travel Awards this year. Travellers taking Jamaica holidays can choose from an array of some of the world's most luxurious hotels and resorts.
After being selected as the host of the World Travel Awards Caribbean & Americas ceremony next month and after being nominated for ten World Travel Awards this year, Jamaica is fast becoming known as one of the world’s most luxurious destinations.
The Caribbean island boasts plenty of upscale accommodation for travellers taking luxury Jamaica holidays, and hotels and resorts in the island, including GoldenEye, The Half Moon, Strawberry Hill and Round Hill have all been nominated for prestigious World Travel Awards this year.
Jamaica has been nominated for the World’s Leading Destination and the World’s Leading Tourist Board at the ceremony, which is referred to as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by industry experts and the global media.
Nominated Jamaica hotels include the GoldenEye for the “Caribbean’s Leading Boutique Resort”, which is owned by Island Records icon Chris Blackwell and features 11 new luxury beach cottages and lagoon suites; Montego Bay’s Round Hill which has been linked with A-list guests such as Sir Paul McCartney, Fred Astaire, Tommy Hilfiger and John F Kennedy and is up for five World Travel Awards; and the RockResort’s Half Moon that will compete for the title of the “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel”.
Tourists taking Jamaica holidays now have a wider selection of all inclusive resorts on the Caribbean island including the adults-only five-star Secrets St James & Secrets Wild Orchid resort in Montego Bay that offers exclusive luxury amenities of Unlimited-Luxury within stunning tropical surroundings.
Image by: 04deveni, on Flickr
The World Travel Awards Americas & Caribbean gala ceremony will be hosted by Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island on 19th October, 2011. The event marks the fifth and final leg of the World Travel Awards 2011 Grand Tour and regional winners will go to the Grand Final in Doha, Qatar in November.
Sandals Resorts has also introduced luxury holidays to their offerings with the launch of Sandals Luxury Included Holidays.
Chairman of Sandals Resorts, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, explained: “At Sandals Resorts, we come from the region, we understand the communities, we understand the quality of the beaches and we understand the services and standards that the customer now demands.
“As we celebrate 30 years of providing luxury vacations that exceed expectations, I can say that we are delighted to showcase those services and amenities to the travel industry once again this year.”
A new VIP lounge has also opened in Montego Bay’s Sangster International Airport (MBJ) for high end travellers taking luxury holidays to Jamaica. The Club Mobay lounge features 10,000-square- feet of space and showcases the best of Jamaica through cultural design and art work.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...