Airport figures show 4 million passengers took Dubai holidays in august 2011
The number of travellers taking Dubai holidays has reached four million for the sixth time in eight months. According to recent statistics from Dubai Airports, Dubai International Airport served a total of 4,019,230 passengers during August, 2011.
Dubai International Airport has recorded four million passenger arrivals for the sixth time in eight months.
Traffic statistics released by Dubai Airports revealed that during the month of August this year, 4,019,230 passengers arrived to their Dubai holidays at Dubai International Airport. This To date, the number of travellers who have taken leisure Dubai holidays and business trips this year has reached 33.3 million; an eight per cent rise on the 30.8 million visitors during the same period last year.
The CEO of Dubai Airports, Paul Griffiths, said: “It’s clear four million passengers per month is the new standard at Dubai International. We are on track to meet our projection for 51 million passengers by year end.”
The figures showed that the majority of tourists taking holidays to Dubai originated from the AGCC, North America, the Indian sub-continent and Russia.
However, not all were rising figures as also during August, air freight volumes dropped by 7.9 per cent as Dubai International Airport handled just 182,781 tonnes of freight compared to 198,543 tonnes during the same month last year.
Image by: gadha, on Flickr
Earlier this month, a report from global consultancy firm Ernst and Young, revealed that occupancy levels in Dubai hotels reached 80.8 per cent during July compared to 70.3 per cent in the same month last year.
According to the report, beach properties in Dubai saw an occupancy level of 83 per cent in July and a higher than average room rate of Dh662.
Yousef Wahbah, MENA Head of Transaction Real Estate, Ernst and Young, commented: “Dubai remains one of the most steadily growing markets in the region.”
Dubai is a popular destination for luxury holidays due to its wide collection of upscale and exclusive hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and events.
The city boasts golden beaches, fantastic shopping facilities, gourmet dining options and attractions such as the Wild Wadi Water Park; the Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest buildings; the Jumeirah Mosque; Dubai Museum; Dubai Fountain; Dubai Marina; the Dubai snow skiing centre; the traditional Gold Souk; and the manmade Palm Islands.
Annual events in the city include the Dubai World Cup in March, the UAE Desert Challenge, Dubai Summer Surprises, and the Dubai International Jazz Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Enjoy a taste of what Thailand has to offer with a combined trip to the vibrant capital, Bangkok, and the unspoilt...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...