Airport figures show 4 million passengers took Dubai holidays in august 2011
The number of travellers taking Dubai holidays has reached four million for the sixth time in eight months. According to recent statistics from Dubai Airports, Dubai International Airport served a total of 4,019,230 passengers during August, 2011.
Dubai International Airport has recorded four million passenger arrivals for the sixth time in eight months.
Traffic statistics released by Dubai Airports revealed that during the month of August this year, 4,019,230 passengers arrived to their Dubai holidays at Dubai International Airport. This To date, the number of travellers who have taken leisure Dubai holidays and business trips this year has reached 33.3 million; an eight per cent rise on the 30.8 million visitors during the same period last year.
The CEO of Dubai Airports, Paul Griffiths, said: “It’s clear four million passengers per month is the new standard at Dubai International. We are on track to meet our projection for 51 million passengers by year end.”
The figures showed that the majority of tourists taking holidays to Dubai originated from the AGCC, North America, the Indian sub-continent and Russia.
However, not all were rising figures as also during August, air freight volumes dropped by 7.9 per cent as Dubai International Airport handled just 182,781 tonnes of freight compared to 198,543 tonnes during the same month last year.
Image by: gadha, on Flickr
Earlier this month, a report from global consultancy firm Ernst and Young, revealed that occupancy levels in Dubai hotels reached 80.8 per cent during July compared to 70.3 per cent in the same month last year.
According to the report, beach properties in Dubai saw an occupancy level of 83 per cent in July and a higher than average room rate of Dh662.
Yousef Wahbah, MENA Head of Transaction Real Estate, Ernst and Young, commented: “Dubai remains one of the most steadily growing markets in the region.”
Dubai is a popular destination for luxury holidays due to its wide collection of upscale and exclusive hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and events.
The city boasts golden beaches, fantastic shopping facilities, gourmet dining options and attractions such as the Wild Wadi Water Park; the Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest buildings; the Jumeirah Mosque; Dubai Museum; Dubai Fountain; Dubai Marina; the Dubai snow skiing centre; the traditional Gold Souk; and the manmade Palm Islands.
Annual events in the city include the Dubai World Cup in March, the UAE Desert Challenge, Dubai Summer Surprises, and the Dubai International Jazz Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...