Airport figures show 4 million passengers took Dubai holidays in august 2011
The number of travellers taking Dubai holidays has reached four million for the sixth time in eight months. According to recent statistics from Dubai Airports, Dubai International Airport served a total of 4,019,230 passengers during August, 2011.
Dubai International Airport has recorded four million passenger arrivals for the sixth time in eight months.
Traffic statistics released by Dubai Airports revealed that during the month of August this year, 4,019,230 passengers arrived to their Dubai holidays at Dubai International Airport. This To date, the number of travellers who have taken leisure Dubai holidays and business trips this year has reached 33.3 million; an eight per cent rise on the 30.8 million visitors during the same period last year.
The CEO of Dubai Airports, Paul Griffiths, said: “It’s clear four million passengers per month is the new standard at Dubai International. We are on track to meet our projection for 51 million passengers by year end.”
The figures showed that the majority of tourists taking holidays to Dubai originated from the AGCC, North America, the Indian sub-continent and Russia.
However, not all were rising figures as also during August, air freight volumes dropped by 7.9 per cent as Dubai International Airport handled just 182,781 tonnes of freight compared to 198,543 tonnes during the same month last year.
Image by: gadha, on Flickr
Earlier this month, a report from global consultancy firm Ernst and Young, revealed that occupancy levels in Dubai hotels reached 80.8 per cent during July compared to 70.3 per cent in the same month last year.
According to the report, beach properties in Dubai saw an occupancy level of 83 per cent in July and a higher than average room rate of Dh662.
Yousef Wahbah, MENA Head of Transaction Real Estate, Ernst and Young, commented: “Dubai remains one of the most steadily growing markets in the region.”
Dubai is a popular destination for luxury holidays due to its wide collection of upscale and exclusive hotels and resorts, tourist attractions and events.
The city boasts golden beaches, fantastic shopping facilities, gourmet dining options and attractions such as the Wild Wadi Water Park; the Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest buildings; the Jumeirah Mosque; Dubai Museum; Dubai Fountain; Dubai Marina; the Dubai snow skiing centre; the traditional Gold Souk; and the manmade Palm Islands.
Annual events in the city include the Dubai World Cup in March, the UAE Desert Challenge, Dubai Summer Surprises, and the Dubai International Jazz Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...