Seychelles and La Reunion Tourism Officials Sign Partnership Agreement
The President de la Region of La Reunion Island and the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board have signed a partnership agreement that will see them working closer together to promote both Reunion and Seychelles holidays to tourists.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board and the President de la Region of La Reunion Island signed an agreement in Paris last week which will see a closer working relationship between the two Indian Ocean islands’ tourist boards.
The partnership will see both holidays to La Reunion and Seychelles holidays promoted as the two Indian Ocean islands will be highlighted as a destination for twin-centre breaks for international tourists.
During the signing ceremony at Top Resa in Paris, Mr. Alain St.Ange spoke about the concept of twin centre holidays to the Indian Ocean between the two idyllic islands, and said that the “Swiss-like mountains" of La Reunion and the pristine white sand beaches and the azure ocean waters of the Seychelles are an attractive combination for travellers.
The six-point agreement includes the exchange of know-how information, the development of joint marketing schemes, actions, and regular meetings to monitor the progress of the partnership.
After the signing ceremony, Mr. St.Ange, head of the Seychelles Tourism Board, addressed the press and said: “Like La Reunion where Mr. Didier Robert, the President de la Region, personally holds the tourism portfolio, in Seychelles it is also Mr. James Michel, the President of the Republic, who also holds the tourism portfolio, giving tourism the highest possible recognition and showing clearly the importance of this industry for the two islands.”
There has been a significant increase in travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year after Prince William and his wife Kate chose the Indian Ocean island as the destination for their honeymoon.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stayed at one of the most luxurious Seychelles hotels on the private North Island resort in May this year and even though most tourists might not be able to afford the couple’s £4,000 per night accommodation, there are plenty of other more affordable but still upscale all inclusive Seychelles hotels and resorts to choose from.
The nation spans over an archipelago of 115 islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes including rolling green hills and forests, palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters and colourful coral reefs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Enjoy the exquisit food an amazing service to match at doubletree by hilton seychelles allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Experience simple boutique luxury at the charming L'Archipel
- Experience some amazing snorkeling on the stunning private beach
- Unwind gazing out over a sunset sea view from your room
- Surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens adding to the charm of this property
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...