Seychelles and La Reunion Tourism Officials Sign Partnership Agreement
The President de la Region of La Reunion Island and the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board have signed a partnership agreement that will see them working closer together to promote both Reunion and Seychelles holidays to tourists.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board and the President de la Region of La Reunion Island signed an agreement in Paris last week which will see a closer working relationship between the two Indian Ocean islands’ tourist boards.
The partnership will see both holidays to La Reunion and Seychelles holidays promoted as the two Indian Ocean islands will be highlighted as a destination for twin-centre breaks for international tourists.
During the signing ceremony at Top Resa in Paris, Mr. Alain St.Ange spoke about the concept of twin centre holidays to the Indian Ocean between the two idyllic islands, and said that the “Swiss-like mountains" of La Reunion and the pristine white sand beaches and the azure ocean waters of the Seychelles are an attractive combination for travellers.
The six-point agreement includes the exchange of know-how information, the development of joint marketing schemes, actions, and regular meetings to monitor the progress of the partnership.
After the signing ceremony, Mr. St.Ange, head of the Seychelles Tourism Board, addressed the press and said: “Like La Reunion where Mr. Didier Robert, the President de la Region, personally holds the tourism portfolio, in Seychelles it is also Mr. James Michel, the President of the Republic, who also holds the tourism portfolio, giving tourism the highest possible recognition and showing clearly the importance of this industry for the two islands.”
There has been a significant increase in travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year after Prince William and his wife Kate chose the Indian Ocean island as the destination for their honeymoon.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stayed at one of the most luxurious Seychelles hotels on the private North Island resort in May this year and even though most tourists might not be able to afford the couple’s £4,000 per night accommodation, there are plenty of other more affordable but still upscale all inclusive Seychelles hotels and resorts to choose from.
The nation spans over an archipelago of 115 islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes including rolling green hills and forests, palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters and colourful coral reefs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...