Seychelles and La Reunion Tourism Officials Sign Partnership Agreement
The President de la Region of La Reunion Island and the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board have signed a partnership agreement that will see them working closer together to promote both Reunion and Seychelles holidays to tourists.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board and the President de la Region of La Reunion Island signed an agreement in Paris last week which will see a closer working relationship between the two Indian Ocean islands’ tourist boards.
The partnership will see both holidays to La Reunion and Seychelles holidays promoted as the two Indian Ocean islands will be highlighted as a destination for twin-centre breaks for international tourists.
During the signing ceremony at Top Resa in Paris, Mr. Alain St.Ange spoke about the concept of twin centre holidays to the Indian Ocean between the two idyllic islands, and said that the “Swiss-like mountains" of La Reunion and the pristine white sand beaches and the azure ocean waters of the Seychelles are an attractive combination for travellers.
The six-point agreement includes the exchange of know-how information, the development of joint marketing schemes, actions, and regular meetings to monitor the progress of the partnership.
After the signing ceremony, Mr. St.Ange, head of the Seychelles Tourism Board, addressed the press and said: “Like La Reunion where Mr. Didier Robert, the President de la Region, personally holds the tourism portfolio, in Seychelles it is also Mr. James Michel, the President of the Republic, who also holds the tourism portfolio, giving tourism the highest possible recognition and showing clearly the importance of this industry for the two islands.”
There has been a significant increase in travellers booking Seychelles holidays this year after Prince William and his wife Kate chose the Indian Ocean island as the destination for their honeymoon.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stayed at one of the most luxurious Seychelles hotels on the private North Island resort in May this year and even though most tourists might not be able to afford the couple’s £4,000 per night accommodation, there are plenty of other more affordable but still upscale all inclusive Seychelles hotels and resorts to choose from.
The nation spans over an archipelago of 115 islands that boast breathtaking natural landscapes including rolling green hills and forests, palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters and colourful coral reefs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...